Crikey rain rain rain

Barney R

I bought a rain gauge back with me last time I went back home and started measuring the rain from the first of July in which we had 297 mm then 350 mm in august and for the first 8 days this month 623 mm . Last night it rained at 1 mm / minute for 4 hrs the heaviest rain I have ever seen . It has caused wide spread damage here on Koh Chang . With rain like that it would be near impossible to control flash flooding and flood waters which leads me to ask tv members about where they live and the heaviest rain they experienced .

I think it was in October 2011, it rained all night " full power " in Koh Chang...

The morning after, all the electricity poles on the big hill had fallen down, half of the main road had disappeared in some point..

We had no regular electricity supply for 4 days, no internet, and most of the telephones were not working as well.

... Last night rain was heavy, but quite normal for KC.

February1999 on Koh Samui it rained for two days non stop, hard, not a drizzle. Nanthong, was flooded out, there were landslides over the ring road, Samui was a mess. Heavy rain and flooding is not unusual for Samui, but it is in February, I had been on Samui for 10 previous years and we got very little rain. The year before it did not rain the whole month.

I read somewhere that koh chang has the highest rainfall per year than anywhere else in thailand..........hope eveyone is ok.no electric,no internet and maybe supplies run short and no where to go but stay in the house.not much fun.

yep, i think the data put the whole Trat province on top for yearly rainfall.

Actually, i am surprised that ,after last night heavy rain, we still have internet and electricity.... Touch wood.

I think it was in October 2011, it rained all night " full power " in Koh Chang...

The morning after, all the electricity poles on the big hill had fallen down, half of the main road had disappeared in some point..

We had no regular electricity supply for 4 days, no internet, and most of the telephones were not working as well.

... Last night rain was heavy, but quite normal for KC.

If I remember rightly it was 2010, although in 2011 the tree came down in that location and took the elctric out for 22 hours.

This weekend has been heavy rain, and the bridge at Khlong Prao got washed away