Redshirt region to remain under martial law

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many places in the North East, and Issan especially around Korat, the Army presence has been minimal, so Martial Law is no big deal to the Thais up there, I think I seen maybe 2 Checkpoints closer to Saraburi, maybe a Regional thing, other than that, the Military hasn't been out in force, it has looked and felt the same with regards to atmoshpherics as it did same time last year.

• Like 2

anyone else notice this new, recent line of "defense" from the junta that martial law is not really a problem since people can still (in this case) "buy things normally"?

There was the other poll saying that martial law is not a problem for people.

And all the while the junta claiming that they still need martial law - apparently because of some external or internal threats. The threats are always rather vague and mysterious.

Can you have it both ways? Life is 'normal' and 'it's dangerous out there!'

• Like 2

Well that's bad-news, for the Peoples Democratic Republic of Lanna, and all those who support it ! wink.png

But good news for the many non-Reds in my area, who have been living with less propaganda & repression, for the past few months.

Martial law will however need to be lifted, before the next election, to permit normal campaigning to start again.

Election.....what election?

• Like 1

anyone else notice this new, recent line of "defense" from the junta that martial law is not really a problem since people can still (in this case) "buy things normally"?

And all the while the junta claiming that they still need martial law - apparently because of some external or internal threats. The threats are always rather vague and mysterious.

In contrast with Chalerm, whose threats were neither vague nor mysterious. Chalerm said there would be bombs and attacks at such a place at such a date, and he was bang on, every time. Almost as if he knew what was going to happen ahead of time(which of course as one of Thaksins minions he did).

If the martial law stops the red bombers and terrorists from carrying out their dear leader's murderous campaigns, keep the marshall law, forever if need be.

may karma bite you in the backside someday.

• Like 1

Well well well.

All those people here who harped on about how unfair Thaksin was by getting his little sister in on the act.

Here we have Prayuth's little bro calling the shots, and silence from the yellow brigade here .....

and is anyone surprised that he is in charge of Isaan?

not really.

• Like 1

If there are people wanting to stir up trouble keeping ML in the northern provinces is sure not going to stop it.

They could simply move their activities to somewhere outside of the north.

Burma would be nice, or Laos. Come to think of it, they wouldn't put up with their crap either.

• Like 2

Many places in the North East, and Issan especially around Korat, the Army presence has been minimal, so Martial Law is no big deal to the Thais up there, I think I seen maybe 2 Checkpoints closer to Saraburi, maybe a Regional thing, other than that, the Military hasn't been out in force, it has looked and felt the same with regards to atmoshpherics as it did same time last year.

Don't know the overall picture, but drove up from Bangkok to Khon Kaen twice last month and each time saw three army checkpoints, two of them north of Korat (I think near Phimai and Baan Phai).

As soon as it could be made 100% sure that Thailand would forever be freed from the actions of the violent red shirts, I'm sure an vast majority of Thais would ask for the ML to be lifted. Maybe you with your red comrade friends here could positively contribute to the creation of such a safe situation, was it just by what you write on TV for a start. But when I read your: 'The threats are always rather vague and mysterious', I, alas, guess there will long be no floods in Thailand anymore by the time that can happen. As there was nothing vague or mysterious about the violences of 2009/2010 and of 2013/2014, that's all the point, but, very sadly, never ever IMO will you and the other, present and future, members of the propaganda brigade have the will nor the ability to admit it! And that's dramatic, for the red shirts' movement (which could, should play an important, peacefull, role in creating the future of this country, wthout the Shins and consorts), and for Thailand (by the absence of, any, truly 'democratic' organisation for the citizens to express their personal opinions through in politics).

you do know which group has been the most violent and killed the most people in Thailand, don't you?

Tip: color is neither red, nor yellow.

• Like 1

Better safe than sorry. Martial law may not be palatable for some but it sure beats having red shirts causing trouble and burning stuff.

Well said Gerry. clap2.gif

Nobody wants these low-life guttersnipes back on the streets.

No One is Low life in this world, every individual has it role to play in a community, God make some one to be rich for a reason, we are all equal in sight of God.