Bringing a Thai national other than wife for marriage visa?

So I went to get my 1 year extension based on marriage, I brought all the paper work required, my wife and her father (army).

The immigration officer looked over all my documents and everything was okay.

He randomly told me he wouldn't process the paperwork until I bring a Thai friend who had known me for a few years to come and bring a copy of his house book and ID card and talk to the immigration officer.

I've never heard about this, the immigration officer refuses my wife and her father and I need to bring a friend to guarantee for me.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

We got a call about a week after our interview requesting we bring someone from the village who was not a relative in for a interview. Nothing much to it they just want conformation that everything is as your claiming. Inconvenient though if you live a fair bit from the immigration office. We brought our neighbor and where not allowed to be present during the questioning (took about 10 minutes) by the officer. On the ride home my neighbor said they just asked her if really did live in the village with my wife and if I was liked and not a disruptive influence in the village.