FARANG BABY BORN IN THAILAND NEED VISA?

First of all note that most likely you have an extension of stay, not a visa.

Yes, the newborn needs his/her own papers, even if at the present times there is no enforcement of the penalties if he/she doesn't.

He/she qualifies as your dependant for a visa and/or extension of stay. You will need to contact your local immigration office to know what is the procedure they follow and if a trip to a foreign country is necessary.

Since the child was born here they will not need a passport until you take them out of the country. At that time you would show their birth certificate along with their passport on departure.

When they return a visa would be needed for entry. At that time it would it would be best to get a single entry non-o visa at an embassy or consulate so you can get them an extension as your dependent.

Thank you for your reply

The problem ist, my wife, me and our child will one week after born tho cambodia, we live there, becouse the visa of my wife ends, but from where can we get so fast a passport for our newborn son?

My philippina wife have calling to the philippine embassy in Bangkok and ask about Passport for the baby, the said, you can get a passport but this need about 1 - 2 months.

We would like go to Cambodia in our house and not stey here in thailand and wait for the passport of our child...maybe she get not a visa egain? we dont know?

What doing?

The baby will not be able to leave without a passport or a travel document. The problem is not so much about leaving here it is entering another country.

If your wife needs more time to leave she could get an extension for medical treatment, All she needs is a letter from her doctor stating she cannot travel.

Your wife needs to check with the embassy about a emergency travel document for the baby. But you would need to check if Cambodia would accept it for entry there.

• 2 months later...

Since the child was born here they will not need a passport until you take them out of the country. At that time you would show their birth certificate along with their passport on departure.

When they return a visa would be needed for entry. At that time it would it would be best to get a single entry non-o visa at an embassy or consulate so you can get them an extension as your dependent.

I am going to Taiwan tomorrow in the same situation. What I keep getting conflicting answers on is if I have to go to an external embassy or not. I asked some immigration officials yesterday how to get my new daughter as my dependent and they told me that I have 2 options:

1. Visiting the external embassy

2. Just letting her enter as a tourist and then taking her by immigration and they can convert her to an non-o

But then I asked someone else there, and they said I have to visit the external embassy.

So, im not sure.

Doing the embassy thing would be really inconvenient for our trip, so if I could avoid that it would be great, but I don’t know if it is a requirement or not.

I am going to Taiwan tomorrow in the same situation. What I keep getting conflicting answers on is if I have to go to an external embassy or not. I asked some immigration officials yesterday how to get my new daughter as my dependent and they told me that I have 2 options:

1. Visiting the external embassy

2. Just letting her enter as a tourist and then taking her by immigration and they can convert her to an non-o

But then I asked someone else there, and they said I have to visit the external embassy.

So, im not sure.

Doing the embassy thing would be really inconvenient for our trip, so if I could avoid that it would be great, but I don’t know if it is a requirement or not.

It is not possible to do a change to non immigrant visa for a dependent extension at immigration. You have to get the non-o at an embassy or consulate.

It is not the first time immigration has given wrong info on doing the change.

There was a recent report of an entire family making a trip to Bangkok from Chiang Rai to do the change and were told it could not be done after being told by immigration it could be done.