Green Logbook Translation at Chatuchak DLT?

johnd2

Hey there Folks,

Lots of really useful info to be found on here, but time for a first post as can't seem to find anything specific on it.

Looking to get my bikes Green book translated into English, and just wondering if anyone knows where to do this within the Chatuchak DLT office and also how long its likely to take?

Cheers in advance

John

i did this before riding to Sepang MotoGP a few years back as an English copy of your greenbook needs to be given to Malaysian passport control upon entry to the country.

it's fairly straightforward. You'll need signed photocopies of everything- passport, drivers' license and greenbook. Finding the relevant counter was the hardest but from what I remember of my last visit to Chatuchak DLT a few months back, the place is more user and westerner-friendly than my first visit years ago. More info staff and English signage.

Go early as it may take a few hours to get the translation done.

Thanks for the feedback,

was up there a few weeks ago sorting out my driving licenses, and certainly the staff were pretty friendly and helpful, although signage was still a bit lacking and everything a bit confusing, still not that many of the staff spoke English unfortunately.

Think i'll need to go up there and find someone who speaks good English to point me to the right counter. Heard mixed reports that I might need to leave it with them and pick it up a week later.

Anyhow, will report back on where to go for future reference. thumbsup.gif

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

finally got my arse down to the DLT today, to get the log book translated, as promised a quick summary for future reference.

Very straight forward at Chatachuk DLT despite the busy chaotic nature of the place.

You'll need:

- Green log book (in your name)

- Passport

- Signed copy of passport info and visa pages

- 25THB

Finding the right place:

- The place you need to go is ground level in building 2

- Building 2 is the second building on the left as you come in from the main road (opposite the "Emissions Laboratory"? building facepalm.gif)

Simply go to the information desk and tell them you want the green book translated and they'll send you to an English speaking counter.

Give them all the above things, then within one hour, you'll be able to collect from the same counter, an A4 page with your translated details from the green book, stamped and signed by the DLT.

Very simple and easy, hope this is of some help to someone in the future looking to take their vehicle out of the LOS.

Cheers

John