Bangkok Banks Home Loans For Foreigners

Austhaid,

If you can get together 50% deposit you could try approaching a local bank. You will probably also need a work permit or contract of employment, marriage papers, bank statements etc. The more paperwork you have the better your chance. Also start making regular monthly payments into your wifes account.

That is if you want to buy in your wifes name, ( presuming you are married ).

On that link under Q & A is the following :

4. Can I borrow to buy a house if I don’t have a proper land title?

Yes, provided you can demonstrate that you are the customary owner of the land.

I have heard some interestings rumors in regard to land titles being upgraded nationwide.

Also have heard some laws have to change for the good of the country, banks and FTA agreements

all bringing enormous pressure to bear.

Banks always know something first, don't they - especially here :o

This should get interesting.....

Austhaid,

If you can get together 50% deposit you could try approaching a local bank. You will probably also need a work permit or contract of employment, marriage papers, bank statements etc. The more paperwork you have the better your chance. Also start making regular monthly payments into your wifes account.

Cheers mate. I will be having the propperty in my wifes name ,so yes i am legally married (papers, visas, etc.) I do not however have a work permit as i work offshore Thailand (international waters)..I do however have a joint bank account with Bangkok bank, with regular deposits.. Thanks for your help, will give the local banks a try..Austhaied

Edited by Austhaied

Austhaid,

Cheers mate. I will be having the propperty in my wifes name ,so yes i am legally married (papers, visas, etc.) I do not however have a work permit as i work offshore Thailand (international waters)..I do however have a joint bank account with Bangkok bank, with regular deposits.. Thanks for your help, will give the local banks a try..Austhaied

If you work regularly for the same company, it might be worth asking them for a long term contract, maybe 1 - 2 years. I am sure this would be a great help.

i got a 70% mortgage from Siam Commercial but I had been here 4 years with wp and expat contract.

However, if you can prove your income offshore with relevant bank accounts (from any bank) then its possible that u can get teh mortgage here.

THe only problem with this is that technically you must take all the money from outside Thailand if you want to register it in your own name.

this thing about getting the money from outside has always confused me. How is it that you got a 70% mortgage if you have to get the sum transferred in from overseas? A friend of mine said he had to transfer the entire 100% amount to a local bank before they would give him a mortgage. And then he transferred the money back out. So the obvious question is, why would I need a mortgage if I had the full amount to transfer into the country???? Someone please clarify this for me once and for all. Thanks a lot!

I have heard that Bangkok Bank (Singapore branch) are offering home loans to foreigners. Does anyone have any facts / info on this matter. Regards.

Hello:

Yes, you can get a loan from Bangkok Bank in Singapore. I was approved and I should have the house transfered within the next week or so. The process is a bit complicated, but the person in Singapore will work it out with you. The cost in getting the loan is a bit high, but you can get it in different currencies.

I don't have a work permit in Thailand, I work outside Thailand but live here. For more details you can email me. I will be happy to help.

I have heard that Bangkok Bank (Singapore branch) are offering home loans to foreigners. Does anyone have any facts / info on this matter. Regards.

Hello:

Yes, you can get a loan from Bangkok Bank in Singapore. I was approved and I should have the house transfered within the next week or so. The process is a bit complicated, but the person in Singapore will work it out with you. The cost in getting the loan is a bit high, but you can get it in different currencies.

I don't have a work permit in Thailand, I work outside Thailand but live here. For more details you can email me. I will be happy to help.

Hello:

Remember, this is Thailand!

I was told by everyone that it wouldnt be possible unless I took all the money from outside Thailand. But never say never!

So when I went to the Land Office, I smiled, krapped, wai'd and generally smooth talked my way......

and hey presto..... all done and dusted!

BUt there are no guarantees that someone else will get the same deal and it would also be possible that on another day I wouldnt have got away with it...... but you makes your own breaks!!!!

Remember, this is Thailand!

I was told by everyone that it wouldnt be possible unless I took all the money from outside Thailand. But never say never!

So when I went to the Land Office, I smiled, krapped, wai'd and generally smooth talked my way......

and hey presto..... all done and dusted!

BUt there are no guarantees that someone else will get the same deal and it would also be possible that on another day I wouldnt have got away with it...... but you makes your own breaks!!!!

If you have been here a while, then they will accept reasoning that you saved money from working here to buy, and thus you don't need to meet money coming in from abroad requirement. Only will work with WP, smile, and a bit of smooth talking :-)