U.S. Consular Outreach

Me Yank

yep October 8th at the Dunsit Hotel If I remember right. 10 am until 2 pm

People start lining up at least 1 hour before. If you go at 10, you'll be way in the back and probably not be seen until after lunch. Depends on how busy it is this time.

Actually you don't need to "line up." There's a sign up sheet used to call people in the order they arrive (assuming they have the sense to sign in when they arrive).

During the last outreach I applied for a new passport. Apparently many other passport applicants were surprised when told that you need to attach a photocopy of the ID page of your old passport to the application. That announcement sent a lot of people scurrying off in search of the photocopy service. Always be prepared.

P.S. also a good idea, if you are resident in Thailand, to register with the embassy (can be done online). Among other things you'll get emails about outreach visits.

Edited by Suradit69

If you get there early, before the person with the signup sheet arrives, there will be a line. I got there about 10 minutes before they started, which was 9am. This was 3 years ago or so. There were 10-15 people in front of me signing in and my number was called about 12:30. I think this time they closed at 2PM. The place was packed. But kinda fun as I ran into several people I know and we passed the time chatting away. LOL

Registering is a great idea. I get notifications every few months about this or that. Lots during the protests earlier this year.

• Like 1