Neighbour strikes boy over ‘drunkard’ name-calling

snoop1130

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Sounds like a bit of an overbearing parent, doting on her little prince. 

"What's wrong my child?  Has someone been bullying you?  Tell me so I can take action against them!"

She probably can't even conceive that he might have provoked someone.

Exactly. +1

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Sounds like a bit of an overbearing parent, doting on her little prince. 

"What's wrong my child?  Has someone been bullying you?  Tell me so I can take action against them!"

She probably can't even conceive that he might have provoked someone.

yeah sure          slap a 6 year old        and you will get more than a talking to     old man got off easy

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a common occurrence, by calling him a drunkard old man. Kaprao joined in, repeating the taunts with added phrases like crybaby old man.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Kritsakon expressed that if her son misbehaves, she disciplines him by explaining the reasons behind the punishment, which he fears but understands. This incident has left Kaprao more frightened than ever.

Don't these 2 statements contradict each other? Surely, if they disciplined him when he misbehaves then he would have learned after many times that you do not talk to elderly this way. NO respect at all. The old man was wrong to slap the boy in the face.. But a good whack on his butt would have taught him to show respect. Perhaps it is the parents to blame because they allowed the boy to continuously speak badly to an old man. I know i would never allow my kids to do this. I can not see how this action is criminal though. Teachers in schools do far worse without any recourse. 

• Agree 1

A very tiny man, who's emotional development stopped at the age of 13. He looks like a man, he smells like a man, but he's actually an adolescent with no self-esteem, and no ability to just simply ignore someone calling him a name. What a goon. Lock him up.