Thai-Indian Girl Commits Suicide In Burning Car

Rimmer

"Thai-Indian Girl Commits Suicide In Burning Car"

"......they found the body of Ms.Pittasnan Darsing aged 44 a Thai-Indian"

Interesting choice of words used in both the title and the article. First of all...44 years old can hardly be considered as a "girl".

Secondly, why is it necessary to use the word "Thai-Indian" ? (by the way, it should be written as "Indian-Thai", not "Thai-Indian")... But would you ever see someone use the phrase "Chinese-Thai" or any other nationality or ethnicity, if the person were to have Thai citizenship? For westerners yes, but you rarely see westerners with Thai citizenship. Indian-Thais are like the 2nd most common minority in the country. Perhaps in this article they're trying to say this lady was born outside of Thailand but immigrated? I don't know. But it's rare to see anybody that wasn't born in Thailand getting a Thai citizenship.

Edited by ILOOKFORWORK

A utterly insane and painful way to commit suicide, so suicide is highly unlikely.

So many better and available ways to do it, but the BIB seem obsessed with

suicide as a concept for all unexplained deaths.

She was either;

injured in some way or mis-drugged and was unconscious till smoke killed her,

or this was a murder covered up by a fire.

Suicide should be way down the list of possibilities.

RIP the poor woman.

Your comments are made from a standpoint of having no idea at all about metal illness - and are subsequently non-sensical!

If someone is depressed enough rational thoughts go out the window - understand that and you'll be half way there!

One of those times the attached article actually had more than the usual drivelling repeats it.

Mea culpa. No, I actually had work to do today and didn't go deeper into links.

I based my comment on what was posted here,

and the predominant fascination of the police with calking everything suicide.

And that it is observably likely that the majority of horrible deaths attributed to suicide here,

are rarely thought really to be suicides, just face saving by the living.

Having been burned before it would take a hell of a lot of soporific drugs,

or violent abuse in my most depressed state ever, to do that.

Poor woman must have been far beyond distraught under normal depressive circumstances.

And I DO know about severe depression, and mental illness.

I was married to a seriously bipolar woman for 10 years.

I have had 3 friends committed over the decades for harming themselves or others.

And walked in 10 minutes after a friend shot himself under the chin,

who I had eaten dinner with the night before.

So best not to assume. But even better not to call names,

which scores no points nor helps a sad enough situation.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

Perhaps those who have issues with reporters' language use should take it up with the original source.

ThaiVisa just re-prints news and does not write it and commenting here on language issues serves little purpose.

It isn't an issue about what was posted. It's an issue of prejudging. It is a social issue. Therefore it's something everyone should be free to discuss it. Awareness. That's all.

"Thai-Indian Girl Commits Suicide In Burning Car"

"......they found the body of Ms.Pittasnan Darsing aged 44 a Thai-Indian"

Interesting choice of words used in both the title and the article. First of all...44 years old can hardly be considered as a "girl".

Secondly, why is it necessary to use the word "Thai-Indian" ? (by the way, it should be written as "Indian-Thai", not "Thai-Indian")... But would you ever see someone use the phrase "Chinese-Thai" or any other nationality or ethnicity, if the person were to have Thai citizenship? For westerners yes, but you rarely see westerners with Thai citizenship. Indian-Thais are like the 2nd most common minority in the country. Perhaps in this article they're trying to say this lady was born outside of Thailand but immigrated? I don't know. But it's rare to see anybody that wasn't born in Thailand getting a Thai citizenship.

Pattaya News can be contacted here

Doing it now. Not sure why they can't call a woman a woman instead of a girl.

They have no problem calling a man a man!

German Man Searches For Missing Sons In Chiangmai

post removed, see this forum rule

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

A utterly insane and painful way to commit suicide, so suicide is highly unlikely.

So many better and available ways to do it, but the BIB seem obsessed with

suicide as a concept for all unexplained deaths.

She was either;

injured in some way or mis-drugged and was unconscious till smoke killed her,

or this was a murder covered up by a fire.

Suicide should be way down the list of possibilities.

RIP the poor woman.

"...but the BIB seem obsessed with suicide as a concept for all unexplained deaths."

Not nearly as obsessed as are the armchair forensics "experts" who seem to feel themselves better able to analyze incidents based on amateurish newspaper reports than are the police in possession of facts.

Before the incident she borrowed 200 baht from her niece to buy gasoline to set the house on fire and set herself on fire. Therefore her mom notified rescuers to take her to hospital. Later she fled from the hospital before taking her car from home and crashed into many people as she fled

I guess her mother and niece were in cahoots with the police to fabricate her behavior and to raise the suspicions of the conspiracy theorists here at the hub of I'm-a-farang-and-am-omniscient.

• Like 1

“…Girl Commits Suicide”

" Initially the officials sent the body for an autopsy at the forensics, police hospital."

Jumping the gun a bit on that headline aren't they? wai2.gifwai.gif

TIT. The Hub of "Suicides"... giggle.gif

Again click on the link and READ IT Dhhhhhhhh

Yup.

My bad.

For some reason, I didn't click the link.

Always do...

And now, I so traumatized from you yelling at me...

Keep up the good work.clap2.gif

An argumentative post and a disrespectful post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

With the above forum rule in mind, one post was removed

People don't commit suicide like this.

Normally they open the door and get out petrified despite any will to die.

Sick of the police insulting human nature with their suicide nonsense.

What is a Thai Indian? All Thais together and all that.

The most ridiculous post of the week. Hands down. In 2014, there is a way you could have proved yourself wrong. I'd guess, without you telling me, that you think you can't be wrong. Yet on Page 1 of the "way you could have proved" this, I find this:

Three women commit suicide; one set on fire
Rape victim set self on fire, dies of burn injuries
Indian Man Attempts Suicide By Setting Himself On Fire.
Although suicide is predominantly a male adolescent act, it is often female adults who commit self-incineration. Features of the act include it is usually undertaken in the victim’s residence and accelerant is often used. Due to the presence of accelerant, the extent of injuries is generally severe and there is a higher mortality rate than for accidental burns.
Page 1.
Have a look at Page 1. See if you still think you are inerrant.

How sad are you people, I mean really how sad are you?

You have no idea what state this woman was in and obviously no idea about depression.

People choose many ways to commit suicide and this includes death by fire. The fact is a woman is dead and its time for sorrow not bickering.

God rest her soul, I hope she is now in peace and I hope her family recover from their grief and come to understand the reasons for he untimely death.

• Like 2