Credit card at Airport & change of flight.

james.d

Hello All,

I understand the showing of card used for payment is ongoing, when leaving BKK on Emirates i was asked.My question is does this request still apply if purchased through Expedia, Kayak etc?

Also, when a ticket is purchased through Expedia for example, is it easy to change flight dates and do you just contact the airline directly?

My wife will be travelling from BKK through JFK and was looking to book using my credit card with Emirates.

Thank you so much for any information.

Best Regards,

James .d

(couldn't find the edit option)

Hello All,

I understand the showing of the credit card used for payment is ongoing when checking in as when leaving BKK on Emirates i was checked.My question is does this request still apply if purchased through Expedia, Kayak etc?

Also, when a ticket is purchased through Expedia for example, is it easy to change flight dates and do you just contact the airline directly?

My wife will be travelling from BKK through JFK and was looking to book using my credit card to travel with Emirates.

Thank you so much for any information.

Best Regards,

James .d

I have been asked to show a CC when checking in for flights booked less than 72 hours before departure on Expedia. Cathay Pacific is very strict about this; don't know about Emirates.

That would mean Expedia gives your credit card details to the airline and that's a serious breach of confidentiality. I don't think expedia would risk it.

Yermanee