Infrared Film

If you are intending to use it for scientific purposes, I would recomend buying it in BKK. The Kodak Color Infrared film (E-6 process) does not like X-rays at any level. It has been a few years since I read the spec sheet, but the info is available here on the Kodak web site.

Also remember that the film needs to be kept below 10C. It was the only film that kodak would send packed in ice when I ordered it. Given this and the tendancy not to worry too much about storage conditions in Thailand I would be very carefull before laying down my hard earned for any of this in BKK.

For processing you will need to find a GOOD E-6 lab that does not use IR sensors in their processor or use IR to watch the processor. None listed on the Kodak site.

If you are only use the film for the groovy colours then most of this will not matter that much.

Edited by Chang_paarp

"For processing you will need to find a GOOD E-6 lab that does not use IR sensors in their processor or use IR to watch the processor."

On my last trip to Thailand there was a bit of a language barrier at the lab and all of my film got fried.I am hoping to find someone with some experience with local labs that process IR E-6.

It's my goal to shoot at least a little real film instead of all digital.I'm shooting for the groovy colours (nekked ladies & purple foliage) as opposed to anything scientific or medical.

-texpatriate

• 5 months later...
Does anyone have any experience with....

1)Importing colour infrared film to Thailand.

2)Purchasing colour infrared film in Bkk.

3)Having colour infrared film processed locally in Bkk.

-texpatriate

I am late probably on your question but i used to use and develop infrared film in the Navy. It can be processed with standard c-61 if memory serves me correctly, but should say on the can. I found alot of camera equipment at a photo shop of Sukumvit in BBK but can't remember name. Go into any specialty shop though and they can probably refer you. Hope this helps.

Curious that you use ir film. It does make some interesting effects.

Also are you interested in modeling for a few magazines. No X-rated only sexy with cloths on, will be a talent scout for old girlfriend who is same. (have tips to make you stand out from the crowd more tan you do already)

Lve in US but have a house in Thailand and will be trveling back and forth more frequently as RE business picks up.

Yours truely

Does anyone have any experience with....

1)Importing colour infrared film to Thailand.

2)Purchasing colour infrared film in Bkk.

3)Having colour infrared film processed locally in Bkk.

-texpatriate

Sorry E-6 (its been a while)

ps if intersetd in talent scout subject will be in Thai. this April then again July

JB