TAV show at Fortune Town

CarlBkk

Anyone else going to the TAV hifi show this weekend (15-18 sept) at fortune? 15th floor I think. Several new interesting shops just opened up on 3rd floor for another "Bkk hifi revival". Also Mister Balance (good second hand and vintage hifi) has closed down his Pantip shops and reopened on the soi right behind Fortune.

• 1 month later...

Hi tom, from mrt Rama 9, walk on Rama 9 road past fortune on your right. About the 4th soi on that side, go down it to the end and you'll see a big overhead sign saying "meechai mansion" (also seen it spelt Veechai Mansion). This is in effect behind fortune but not the very next soi behind it.

Go in the building on the right, ground floor, turn left and his shop is there. Smaller than before, nothing greatly interesting. Definitely less turnover of new stock. I found him to be sticking to what I consider high prices for the age and condition of the equipment, hence why he's not doing so well. For example old jbl l15s were 12000 baht in his shop, then 6000 baht on bahtsold.com.

Don't forget checking the main thai hifi buy and sell site....www.noom-hifi.com

Hi Carl,

thks for your quick reply, will check it out. Have a Vintage Marantz 2245 that has a broker volume potentiometer, Marantz service center says they can't fix it because the model is "obsolete". So in the market for something similar. just took a peak at Noom Hifi, unfortunately my Thai is non-existent.

kind regards,

Tom

Have a Vintage Marantz 2245 that has a broker volume potentiometer, Marantz service center says they can't fix it because the model is "obsolete".

It may be worth checking with Marantz in Europe to see if that is true

Probably not, now I see how old it is..........

However I found this post from a guy refurbishing a 2245

There seem to be some pretty knowledgeable people there

who may be able to help or point you to a new, compatible, Volume Pot