Muang Loei

Tuskfish

Spent 3 nights in Loei a couple of years ago stayed at the big hotel by the river. A lovely little sleepy town with friendly people and seemingly more phone shops than people and everybody seemed to go to bed at about 9.30. You can walk walking street in about 30 seconds. A place to chill and forget about the world methinks.If I was in town I would take you up on the drink....

oh and some delicious looking rats on skewers in the market (have been fed on rice apparently so aloy - personally will give them a miss).

Could be worth joining the nightly exercise aerobics though...

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1

beautifulthailand99 --

Sure is a sleepy little town! The pace is perfect for my project right now + its close to the in-laws (friendly, welcoming in-laws with zero demands on me which is just perfect).

Although as with everything in life there are some ups and downs - the downside here being the very limited connection with other farangs - the upside being the total immersion method of learning Thai language.

Plus I'm sure that ALL farangs can relate to this comment...

It's great to connect with locals in Thailand whenever possible/practical (and any country/town you live in), but it's always easier to connect with other farangs!