Looking for Pink (Himalayan) Salt to buy in Bangkok

Lumbini

Looking for Pink (Himalayan) Salt around Bangkok and need to know if anyone knows good cheap source where I can buy ?

Attempting to get interactive thyroid levels healthy without synthetic drug my Dr. gave me year ago (Eltroxin) Using many healthy foods now but since I gave up conventional salt I want to start taking Pink (Himalayan) Salt but can not find ? Seems low iodine real issue ( suggested daily requirement is 150 micrograns a day)

Edited by Sheryl
inaccurate health information and commercial url link removed

you can buy sea salt everywhere in Thailand.

But for table salt:

OK it is stripped from other minerals.....but that shouldn't be a problem if you have a normal mixed diet. Salt from the sea would be the solution

bleached? I doubt it. It is almost 100% doesn't need bleaching.

high temperature: NaCl melts at 800 degree Celcius but it doesn't get damaged by it.

anti-cacking agent.....I don't know what it is but it does not prevent dissolving. But again Sea-Salt doesn't has it and it gets wet fast.

Iodine: there is no synthetic or natural Iodine.....but again Sea-Salt has plenty of it which comes with sea-water.

Incorrect health information and link to a commercial site removed from original post.

Iodized table salt has been proven to dramatically reduce iodine deficiency, worldwide. But if you prefer instead to get a specialty salt, fine.

However, why do you think you have an iodine deficiency? Nowadays in Thailand and the West, most cases of hypothyroid are not related to iodine deficiency. Unless yours is, iodine intake, whether from regular iodized table salt, seafood, or a specialty salt, will not make any difference. It is pretty easy for a clinician to distinguish between hypothyroidism related to lack of iodine and primary hypothyroidism. Among other things the thyroid gland will be enlarged. But as said, this is very rare except in really undeveloped countries located far from the sea.

• Like 1

Thanks Kalbo and Sheryl was looking for store I could go to not online store but will keep looking . I've heard even good to add a bit to the filtered water I drink as its stripped of minerals in the osmosis machine . Again looking for Pink (Himalayan) Salt if anyone knows ? I will keep looking and post when I find if no one knows . I am doing many things with diet and exercise to help my thyroid and stopped the medication Dr. gave that was only addressing symptoms not root of the problem that could be many things . Dr's great at managing disease but not have much nutritional training to get to the root of many issues I am finding . Thanks for all the posts !

Edited by Lumbini
  • Like 1

Incorrect health information and link to a commercial site removed from original post.

Iodized table salt has been proven to dramatically reduce iodine deficiency, worldwide. But if you prefer instead to get a specialty salt, fine.

However, why do you think you have an iodine deficiency? Nowadays in Thailand and the West, most cases of hypothyroid are not related to iodine deficiency. Unless yours is, iodine intake, whether from regular iodized table salt, seafood, or a specialty salt, will not make any difference. It is pretty easy for a clinician to distinguish between hypothyroidism related to lack of iodine and primary hypothyroidism. Among other things the thyroid gland will be enlarged. But as said, this is very rare except in really undeveloped countries located far from the sea.

Just want to tell what you told a bit more direct: There is no natural or non natural iodine. It is just an inorganic thing and it doesn't matter where it comes from, sea-water, fish, iodized table salt, etc.

With normal diet it is almost impossible to have a deficiency. But there are also iodine tablets (used for protecting against radioactive cesium) which would also cure any deficiency.

But this incorrect (deleted) health information is edging on fraud to sell their salt.

Thanks Kalbo and Sheryl was looking for store I could go to not online store but will keep looking . I've heard even good to add a bit to the filtered water I drink as its stripped of minerals in the osmosis machine . Again looking for Pink (Himalayan) Salt if anyone knows ? I will keep looking and post when I find if no one knows . I am doing many things with diet and exercise to help my thyroid and stopped the medication Dr. gave that was only addressing symptoms not root of the problem that could be many things . Dr's great at managing disease but not have much nutritional training to get to the root of many issues I am finding . Thanks for all the posts !

I just sent you a message, you should be ok now !!