Cape Panwa Hotel

sitges233

Hello

Has anybody recently stayed at the Cape Panwa Hotel in Phuket? We are going with Kuoni in January and have been told that the hotel has recently been refurbished and is a good 4* hotel in a nice and peaceful location.

Thanks

Veronica

:o

It is all it claims to be.

Please bear in mind that it is off the 'touristy' areas but does have it's own private beach and usually offers an included private speed boat trip to the coral islands.

If you are happy to be away from the hustle and bustle then this is the place.

The hotel does offer a free hourly service by private mini-bus into Phuket if you want some night life.

Recommended.

the hotel itself is very nice. Its a bit far from popular places on the island which could be a good or bad thing, although Phuket Town is only about 20 mins drive.

my only real complaint is that the beach, although quite pretty and peaceful, is not good for swimming at low tide. There is lots of dead coral which is quite sharp. the pool is nice though.

Sitges233,

Will you be staying in the hotel itself or one of the cottages?

..OR Perhaps The Bay Hotel located in front of Cape Panwa?

In my honest opinion while the cottages are nice they do not offer the space and utilities ..The Bay is far more superior in my opinion..nice studio apartments but all the facilities of a 5*hotel!

Enjoy your holiday wherever you stay!

I stayed at Cape Penwa in 1999, so don't know about the "refurbished" part, but it was an excellent hotel. The restaurant has (mostly) open sides, and you can choose to look out on the pool, or enjoy a fabulous view of the bay. They have a nice gift shop, a spa, and offer traditional Thai massage in a comfortable setting.

It is a bit far away from everything else, though. We took advantage of the free shuttle one night, just to stroll around Patong Beach. We took taxis a few other times, as well.

I think it's a good value for the money. Let us know what you think.

:o

Thanks for replying to me. What time of year did you stay there? I have heard about these low tides somewhere else on this forum, but I'm unsure of the exact locations and areas that are affected but had a feeling they were on the mainland?

As this is our first time to Thailand and snorkelling is our passion, we would be bitterly dissapointed to find we couldn't snorkle.

Look forward to hearing from you. :o

Thanks,

Regards,

Veronica.

the hotel itself is very nice. Its a bit far from popular places on the island which could be a good or bad thing, although Phuket Town is only about 20 mins drive.

my only real complaint is that the beach, although quite pretty and peaceful, is not good for swimming at low tide. There is lots of dead coral which is quite sharp. the pool is nice though.

jingjingna

We will be staying in the hotel, which looks nice, each room with a balcony and there is a small cable car down to the beach, sounds very original! Hope we're not dissapointed!

Thanks for your reply,

Regards from Veronica.

Sitges233,

Will you be staying in the hotel itself or one of the cottages?

..OR Perhaps The Bay Hotel located in front of Cape Panwa?

In my honest opinion while the cottages are nice they do not offer the space and utilities ..The Bay is far more superior in my opinion..nice studio apartments but all the facilities of a 5*hotel!

Enjoy your holiday wherever you stay!

Thanks for replying to me. What time of year did you stay there? I have heard about these low tides somewhere else on this forum, but I'm unsure of the exact locations and areas that are affected but had a feeling they were on the mainland?

As this is our first time to Thailand and snorkelling is our passion, we would be bitterly dissapointed to find we couldn't snorkle.

Look forward to hearing from you. :o

Thanks,

Regards,

Veronica.

Snorkeling at the beach in January will be fine. Don't worry about that! The tides cycle with the moon like anywhere else, so perhaps you may not be able to snorkle exactly when you want, but its no problem...just wait a few hours.

Enjoy your stay, the Cape Panwa hotel is one of Phukets most respected and many well known celebraties have stayed there, as you will see from photos in the reading room sala. :D

One of my students told me that her company is building something, I think she said it was a spa, 2 stories high at the hotel. Work starts very shortly, within the next 2 weeks I believe, as she will be traveling frequently to the hotel.