Worst Service

ThaiPauly

When I lived in Thong Lo, we regularly used to eat at Cafe 55 which is about 100 metres along the sidewalk if you turn left at the Sukhumvit end of Thong Lo.

I always liked eating there becuase its just like eating at Faulty Towers, the staff could not be more lazy or rude if they tried.

We were in BK last week and could not resist a visit

When a customer approaches and if all the outside street tables are full they are greeted with a look of utter distain , and when they do sit down the Manager just glares at them as if to say "<deleted> do you want"

When the food eventually arrives it is out of this world though....I always stay longer after I have eaten just to watch the circus going on around us.

Last week we also ordered a takeaway..which we had to ask the dek serp to provide 5 times.."too busy..have to wait" was the answer every time my Wife enquired when we could expect it . We just smiled and let them get on with it..we were in no rush..which was just as well.

The Old Man is the Key Player...he shuffles around at the speed of a snail (maybee he is sick and if thats the case then thats tough on him and I feel sorry for him)..but in the 3 years we have been there he has never changed. I call him Nong just to piss him off. Even before I started doing that I knew he did not like me..in fact he does not like ANYONE, so <deleted>!! :o

They dont open till 6 in the evening , and you will have to wait for a table and be submitted to the "We Open at 6 .but we dont want you here till at least 7 "looks

Prices are CHEAP and I have NEVER had a bad meal there.

So if you don't mind being treated like that...try it out..The Chicken in Black Pepper served on a steaming hot skillet is "To Die For"

Chock Dee :D

• 4 weeks later...

That writing down your own order system is pretty common in Bangkok street restaurants, I've found. Or, more specifically, you have the option of writing it all down and handing it to them which saves time and hugely reduces any possibility of messed up orders. I've never come across a place where that's strictly the only way you can order, but it's often the encouraged, preferred way.

Might give that Cafe 55 place a try though, sounds like it might be amusing - and of course I'll make sure I greet the owner as "Nong"!