Gold Prices

This technical analyst has a pretty accurate record, though not nearly as perfect as he continually claims, and quite often his analysis, which relies heavily of Elliott Wave theory, sounds quite ambiguous. Still, even if you don't buy into his thinking, his thoughts are at least worth considering along with all the fundamental analysis that's all over the map from other analysts. It should be noted he usually refers to the pricing of GLD rather than physical gold. ... and I believe he is Israeli, so his English is sometimes a little quirky.

With the double bottom being seen in gold last year, most of the metals world believed in the birth of the new bull. And, many are still holding onto those hopes.

But, as Ben Franklin once said, "he that lives on hope will die fasting." And, unfortunately, I believe that maintaining such hope will only lead to more pain in the coming months. Yet, for those willing and able to endure such pain, there should be a reprieve in 2015.

As for the near term expectations in GLD, while I could be wrong, the lack of strong downside follow through early this past week tells me that any break down in GLD below 2013 may be delayed until the 1st or 2nd week of October. Based upon the patterns that I am watching, the immediate set up to take us below the 2013 lows this past week did not trigger, which tells me that I believe we will now hold the 115-115.50 region as support, and see a nice bounce in the GLD in the upcoming week or two

and more:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2525525-gld-i-dont-think-we-break-down-yet?uprof=46

Edited by Suradit69

Gold like all other commodities I feel are being manipulated. A lot of trading is in paper gold certificates not the real thing. Look at the strong bull market going on in the USA financed only by fear money from around the world. Fear that their currency will be devalued or that their government will force them to use their savings to buy into any losses the banks have or will incur in the future especially derivatives and option trading. Buying stocks on credit is at a all time high and when the fall comes many will not be able to cover their loans. Hedge funds, big banks etc. have cornered the trading in all things stock wise. They are goosing the market up and when they feel all the little guys have rushed in the bottom they will pull the plug on the market and short it giving them a profit going up and down. Some years ago (Google this) Fort Knox shipped a bunch of gold bars to China. Upon closer examination by the Chinese the bars turned out to be made of zinc which has the same weight as gold. Every dog has his day so be patient gold will again shine. Once interest rates start rising which they must sooner or later a lot of people with big mortgages and new car loans and lines of credit will be caught with their pants down. It will not take much of an increase to cause mortgage mayhem. Last year I received a 1.5% measly increase in my pension and anybody that buys products and services and groceries knows that this is a joke. Inflation is more like 5 to 6% or more but then well all know who benefits by cheap interest rates including the large conglomerates that borrow your money and mine at cheap rates to raid the world and buy out their competitors and thus cornering their special market.

The Chinese must be idiots because zinc weighs about a third that of gold.

• Like 1

Gold like all other commodities I feel are being manipulated. A lot of trading is in paper gold certificates not the real thing. Look at the strong bull market going on in the USA financed only by fear money from around the world. Fear that their currency will be devalued or that their government will force them to use their savings to buy into any losses the banks have or will incur in the future especially derivatives and option trading. Buying stocks on credit is at a all time high and when the fall comes many will not be able to cover their loans. Hedge funds, big banks etc. have cornered the trading in all things stock wise. They are goosing the market up and when they feel all the little guys have rushed in the bottom they will pull the plug on the market and short it giving them a profit going up and down. Some years ago (Google this) Fort Knox shipped a bunch of gold bars to China. Upon closer examination by the Chinese the bars turned out to be made of zinc which has the same weight as gold. Every dog has his day so be patient gold will again shine. Once interest rates start rising which they must sooner or later a lot of people with big mortgages and new car loans and lines of credit will be caught with their pants down. It will not take much of an increase to cause mortgage mayhem. Last year I received a 1.5% measly increase in my pension and anybody that buys products and services and groceries knows that this is a joke. Inflation is more like 5 to 6% or more but then well all know who benefits by cheap interest rates including the large conglomerates that borrow your money and mine at cheap rates to raid the world and buy out their competitors and thus cornering their special market.

how can Google (or ElGordo) be wrong? cheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Try listening to this Radio 4 podcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/fileon4

Rigged Markets? 23 Sep 14

• 3 weeks later...

how can Google (or ElGordo) be wrong? cheesy.gif

A simple search on Google will reveal that one cubic foot of zinc weighs 441ibs and one cubic foot of 24k gold weighs 1204 ibs. It looks like the website elgordo is copying and pasting from is the one doing the manipulation.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't worry gold bugs....my guess is you will only lose another 25% or so of your investment...but if of course you own physical you can just fantasize that your personal physical gold has actually gone up in price and pleasure yourselves over it every night....and don't blame yourselves...you know it's rigged, controlled by the illuminati, the queen of England, the rothschilds, the banksters, the masons...aliens perhaps...evil politicians....cheating brokers....the last people you should blame for your choice to buy it is yourselves, after all, you are such clever people with your great understanding of fiat currency and economics and new world orders and the da Vinci code and your excellent university of life educations....you are victims of all those terrible people...lol....oh, I forgot, you could also blame Goldman Sachs of course....but the main thing I forgot to tell you is to form a Class action against the illuminati to get compensation....

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Talk about hitting the nail on the head!

Don't worry gold bugs....my guess is you will only lose another 25% or so of your investment...but if of course you own physical you can just fantasize that your personal physical gold has actually gone up in price and pleasure yourselves over it every night....and don't blame yourselves...you know it's rigged, controlled by the illuminati, the queen of England, the rothschilds, the banksters, the masons...aliens perhaps...evil politicians....cheating brokers....the last people you should blame for your choice to buy it is yourselves, after all, you are such clever people with your great understanding of fiat currency and economics and new world orders and the da Vinci code and your excellent university of life educations....you are victims of all those terrible people...lol....oh, I forgot, you could also blame Goldman Sachs of course....but the main thing I forgot to tell you is to form a Class action against the illuminati to get compensation....

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Talk about hitting the nail on the head!

According to classic uber gold bug theory all the manipulations will collapse when the economic system finally falls apart and then the true gold price will be revealed. Therefore, according to this theory gold and even silver can be purchased at any price now because it is artificially low.

According to classic uber gold bug theory all the manipulations will collapse when the economic system finally falls apart and then the true gold price will be revealed. Therefore, according to this theory gold and even silver can be purchased at any price now because it is artificially low.

Meanwhile, they drink beer Chang outside the 7-11, club together to share 500 baht hookers, go on their monthly visa runs to Cambodia in a mini bus and eat mostly white rice....that's until their remaining dosh finally runs out...after which it will be the falang flying trick from a high rise balcony... Edited by paddyjenkins
  • Like 1