Aonang Beach Restaurants

iancnx

Will be in Krabi at the end of the month. Looking for toddler friendly restaurants, kind staff, good service, high chair. Budget not an issue provided it is not a touristic Pish taking rip off nonsense, (of which I remember many 8 years ago. Cow Pad 180 baht...lol. I was a novice back then.) My Thai missus will keep any duel pricing attempts in check!

Seriously though happy to pay good money for good product! We eat all types of cuisine other than dog and protein that is better off in burrows or flying around the street lamps. Would love to find a good pizza, a decent beef steak, etc . Thanks for any recommendations.

It is hard to find a restaurant in Ao Nang that does not claim to serve pizza. I just came from there and it was a running joke. As for good ones, who knows? You have a Thai wife, so what's the problem? She will be able to suss out the good Thai food immediately. A high chair might be an issues outside of a tourist resort hotel.

It is hard to find a restaurant in Ao Nang that does not claim to serve pizza. I just came from there and it was a running joke. As for good ones, who knows? You have a Thai wife, so what's the problem? She will be able to suss out the good Thai food immediately. A high chair might be an issues outside of a tourist resort hotel.

Thanks for the reply. The reason for the post was to try and ensure I am not embroiled in the running joke as you have described. There is no problem. My wife speaks near perfect English, so she can suss out a good deal if she needs too. You might be surprised about the availability of high chairs if you ask advice in advance.

So do you have any recommendations at all from your visit? Or places to definitely avoid? Advice on thus would be appreciated.

I have no specific recommendations except to avoid Krabi Resort and a specific room at J Hotel. There are so many restaurants and places available that you will not have a problem. Farang restaurants are overpriced and I found Krabi very expensive. Overall, I believe you may be over-thinking this. You will find everything you need in Ao Nang, no need to travel. Baby stuff available.

• Like 1

A stroll down the 'tourist' road that leads to the 'beach' road - and go along the beach road will reveal dozens of restaurants from Tesco down to the sea... Closer to the beach - the more expensive for the most part... Thai, Italian, American Style burgers with Aussie or New Zealand Beef.... JJ's is a good spot for that, Scandinavian, TexMex, Burger King, McDonalds, SubWay... Wine Bistro, You name it ...

But almost all 'tourist' restaurants are expensive... Down most of a kilometer from Tesco towards the beach are plenty of Thai local restaurants at decent prices - typical small street side shops... Far away from the beach there is an Italian place at the corner of the road near Tesco where the road branches off to go to Krabi.. It is painted red - hard to miss...

And this list doesn't touch the other side along Napparat Thara Beach (sp)

A Google Map Search with this phrase ... Restaurants near Ao Nang, Krabi... will reveal dozens of hits marked by an orange icon... with restaurant name...

If you haven't already - a good thing to do it get a guesthouse or 'resort' with a kitchenette... they often come with complete cooking utensils, pots, pans... plus microwave, fridge, eating utensils, plate, cups, etc.