We have the cure for ebola, Bangkok's Siriraj Hospital announces

webfact

The story reveals, that in order to conduct such research, the Ebola Virus has already been imported to Thailand. That alone gives me goosebumps. I am aware that the level of medical research in Thailand is very high, if not already on par with western standard research, but I would touch any results with a silky glove until fully proven.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the fake bomb detector? Why do respected people in this country makes such childish statements, does anybody really believe that they found the cure? Good god, they are making fools of themselves. The top scientists in the educated world haven't found the cure. But these idiots seem to have stumbled upon it in months. Really? To save the countries image, they should stop any news from reaching the outside world.

If true then this is groundbreaking news, but nothing in the other newspaper.

Edit: I take my words back. I didn't see it in the paper edition but I did a Google search and found it.

It is also mentioned in several international papers.

I hope they are not making fools of themselves.

Edited by petedk

To anyone who said Thais live longer than those in the west....Please check your data

They live longer because they are happier and remember they come back as Buddhist please check with a higher power

Find me a true Buddhist in Thailand and i will show you a coconut that can talk.

• Like 1

This medical breakthrough marks the first time that Thailand has been able to produce such an antibody.

So its a first for Thailand, not a world first, other countries may have already done this a while ago already, so maybe a breakthrough for Thailand only by copying/duplicating someone else's research ?

• Like 1

Apparently there is ONE patient in quarantine in Siriraj hospital with ebola-like symptoms now under observation. Perhaps they "cured" this individual and the news just went jumping for joy straight out the door. I can think of a few four-letter words right now but 'JOKE' is the cleanest.

• Like 1

Apparently there is ONE patient in quarantine in Siriraj hospital with ebola-like symptoms now under observation. Perhaps they "cured" this individual and the news just went jumping for joy straight out the door. I can think of a few four-letter words right now but 'JOKE' is the cleanest.

Farang are just out right jealous because smart Thai doctors from Siriraj managed to cure Ebola first.

Farang are just out right jealous because smart Thai doctors from Siriraj managed to cure Ebola first.

They copied the process from the Farang and even managed to get it right ( maybe,they haven't tested it yet ) It's a first for Thailand not a first world wide.

5555555! Nice trolling!

All the ridicule aside, I question the source of the news and will wait for the something a bit more official (then Coconut's) before weighing judgement.

If its true a vaccine has been successfully developed it will be bad news for the pharmaceutical companies producing ZMapp because they probably were planning to make a killing off of it.

Have to admit to being a bit skeptical of this claim. Did it get to human trials? If not, then jumping the gun on this announcement. Then the steps of getting FDA approval internationally can take months to years. The below announced Sept. 17, 2014. Though they say vaccine rather than cure.

First British volunteer injected with trial Ebola vaccine in Oxford

If vaccine tested on Ruth Atkins and other healthy volunteers is found to work, it will be fast-tracked for use in west Africa

More here - TheGaurdian

I am extremely skeptical about this claim. The attempts to develop an Ebola vaccine to prevent developing the disease. No one is expecting to develop a cure for those already infected with the virus. No one has ever developed a cure for any disease caused by a virus to my knowledge. All we can do is protect by developing preventitive vaccines.

So if this article about an Ebola cure is true it would be absolutely astounding ground breaking stuff. Nobel prizes will surely follow..............

Or is this just another example of a bunch of Thais just trying to look good in the eyes of the Junta?

And to think that they want to promote Thailand as the Medical Hub! I used to think highly of Siriraj Hospital.....no longer. Do not worry...the headline is definitely misleading compared to what the smart arsed buffoons are expected to say on Thursday. They are most probably hiring a PR firm to draft their speeches now that they realised that they made a mistake ....though the news in Thai got positive response as it made thais even more nationalistic and xenophobic as every Somchai and Ying in the street is marvelling at how great Thailand is !

They also will find the cure for cancer, hiv and you name it soon.

A cure for cancer, HIV etc. will be a walk in the park if they put their thinking caps on.

I wouldn't be surprised if a cure for many ails have already been found and the medicine patented

To be released when it commands the most money.