Media, police forensic experts leave Koh Tao

webfact

So, it's a wrap then. Another unsolved farang murder case. Or will they conclude it was a murder suicide?

With the media leaving the island, the spotlight will finally be turned off and they can get on with forgetting about what has happened there. This is what the charade had been about all along. Waiting for the international media to lose interest and move on to other stories.

My faith in the possibility of real change in Thailand since the coup has now evaporated. It is equally obvious that nothing will ever change here. We may get a lull of a year or two, but eventually it will be back to business as usual. Sigh.

I guess we can hope that tourists will give AC Bar a miss, and hurt the cover-up family.......... wai.gif

So, it's a wrap then. Another unsolved farang murder case. Or will they conclude it was a murder suicide?

With the media leaving the island, the spotlight will finally be turned off and they can get on with forgetting about what has happened there. This is what the charade had been about all along. Waiting for the international media to lose interest and move on to other stories.

My faith in the possibility of real change in Thailand since the coup has now evaporated. It is equally obvious that nothing will ever change here. We may get a lull of a year or two, but eventually it will be back to business as usual. Sigh.

I guess we can hope that tourists will give AC Bar a miss, and hurt the cover-up family.......... wai.gif

I guess they are also the owners of the AC resort too. I read many complaints about that hotel on agoda.com.

you would think that it might be more beneficial to train police in the proper handling of evidence and a crime scene before murders happen? Just a thought.

Thais have their own proverb which basically goes: If the bull escapes, then build a pen.

Definately looks like a case of " thank you lines men and thank you ball boys " to me.

Scarey thing tor me is with no REAL apparent motive, this could be the work of a serial killer in the making.

Those bunglows down on the islands are so flimsy. With a boogy man on the loose, who in their right mind would travel there ?

If the crime remains unsold, the Owner of the bar are pretty much the perpetrators in the opinions of the public, and they will always be linked to the crime. If they are as innocent as they say they are, how about setting an example and putting up 1M Baht as a reward for information leading to an official arrest? That will being the total reward to almost 2M Baht, which would be a pretty big carrot to dangle. In fact, if they are innocent, it would be in their own interests that the crime gets solved as soon as possible wouldn't it?

If the crime remains unsold, the Owner of the bar are pretty much the perpetrators in the opinions of the public, and they will always be linked to the crime. If they are as innocent as they say they are, how about setting an example and putting up 1M Baht as a reward for information leading to an official arrest? That will being the total reward to almost 2M Baht, which would be a pretty big carrot to dangle. In fact, if they are innocent, it would be in their own interests that the crime gets solved as soon as possible wouldn't it?

Or better still all family members submitting to independent DNA tests to clear their name. The one way they could quickly and comprehensively remove all the negative connotations about them. Gulty as. Question is which family members were the main perps? and was any non-family involved too?

I for one will never go to that island again. I wrote to the British PM asking for him to put some pressure on the thai authorities to investigate this properly, I asked him to offer British police to help with the investigation. Unsurprisingly a week later and no reply. I am not sure what I prefer a country that makes clear it is incompetent in investigating crime or a country that pretends it is interested in its citizens. David Camoron. Shame shame shame

I for one will never go to that island again. I wrote to the British PM asking for him to put some pressure on the thai authorities to investigate this properly, I asked him to offer British police to help with the investigation. Unsurprisingly a week later and no reply. I am not sure what I prefer a country that makes clear it is incompetent in investigating crime or a country that pretends it is interested in its citizens. David Camoron. Shame shame shame

If there starts to be protests outside the Thai embassy in England I bet he will start to pay attention.... Hint hint

Can a hair sample provide enough

DNA ?

See this:

The hair follicle at the base of human hairs contains cellular material rich in DNA. In order to be used for DNA analysis, the hair must have been pulled from the body -- hairs that have been broken off do not contain DNA.

Source:http://www.biology.arizona.edu/human_bio/problem_sets/dna_forensics_2/06t.html

If only a few of Thaivisa's finest had taken the time to travel to Koh Tao, instead of staying behind their keyboards, the case would have ben solved a week ago and people been on deathrow by now.

Thailand's finest? Funny. Are you working on a stand up comedy routine? No such thing as Thailand's finest.

I'm no David Cameron fan but are you seriously expecting to get a personal reply right off the back of the Scottish Referendum and now the Tory conference ? I'm guessing he's probably a bit busy at this time. But seriously, good on you for writing and requesting some action. I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply though.

If only a few of Thaivisa's finest had taken the time to travel to Koh Tao, instead of staying behind their keyboards, the case would have ben solved a week ago and people been on deathrow by now.

Thailand's finest? Funny. Are you working on a stand up comedy routine? No such thing as Thailand's finest.

\

He didnt say 'Thailand' - he said Thaivisa Many here dont even live in Thailand and quite a few claim they won't even visit.

• Like 1

What is the real moral to this story? Well, one of them is that we are not going to see any meaningful change, to the fabric of Thai society. Many of us were incredibly hopeful that we would see some positive changes. And I think it is quite possible that Prayuth, and his top guys have their hearts in the right places, and want to see this change take place. Many expats, and many Thais really want to see progress, and want to see this country moving forward into this century. Yes, we will see some land crimes solved, and some illegal beach vendors removed. But, in terms of dealing with the massive corruption issues, the kind of power guys like the headman of Koh Tao have, and their ability to abuse that power, and positive changes at an institutional level, and at a national level, where it really counts, many of us now doubt it will happen. This case proves, that many are still above the law, and even the Army cannot touch them. That is the devastating moral to this story. A very disappointing outcome indeed.