PS3 wireless to 3bb

thailiketoo

If you have a 3BB DSL or FTTx Router with WiFi then you're connecting to WiFi.

Have you connected this PS3 to WiFi before?

Does it see any WiFi (others that might be in the area)? Maybe you can try enabling WiFi tether on a mobile phone and see if the PS3 even sees that.

If other WiFi devices can see your 3BB connected WiFi Access Point SSID then something is definitely up with the PS3.

Suggest you also take a look at this PlayStation Knowledge Center support page

Connecting your PlayStation 3 to the Internet

note: strange that the graphic links are broken on some of the pages. Bad Sony! Bad!

If your 3BB router has WiFi

and the SSID is not set as hidden (normal is always visible and sending beacon signals)

and your PS3 can see the neighbor's WiFi

then the 3BB WiFi should show up as well.

Any other WiFi devices see your 3BB WiFi connection?

• 3 weeks later...

OK...

Sorry if I write here...I don't where to ask.....I have some problems connecting the PS3 via ethernet with 3BB...

DMZ activated, portforward done, Static IP, correct DNS.. and I see the notification of IP fragments problem...that maybe are not supported by my router...I don't know if is the ISP or a router problem...reading on the web may be a problem of public/private ip...please help me XD I'm going crazy XD Thanks :)

[...]

I have some problems connecting the PS3 via ethernet with 3BB...

DMZ activated, portforward done, Static IP, correct DNS.. and I see the notification of IP fragments problem...that maybe are not supported by my router...I don't know if is the ISP or a router problem...reading on the web may be a problem of public/private ip...please help me XD I'm going crazy XD Thanks smile.png

Did the PS3 recognize and connect via Ethernet to the Internet at all using the 3BB connection? Does the connection work?

"Putting your router in DMZ opens all the ports, so you don't have to go online and look up which ports to open". If using DMZ to a Static IP LAN Address then there's no need to do port forwards, unless it's for other equipment on your LAN.

IP Fragmentation can be eliminated by setting a lower MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit). Normal is 1500, but Thailand ISPs love to use PPPoE so that overhead reduces the usable packet size MTU to 1492.

Using this website will verify your maximum MTU size: http://www.letmecheck.it/mtu-test.php

Set the ROUTER and any systems that connect to the Internet to the same MTU

[...]

I have some problems connecting the PS3 via ethernet with 3BB...

DMZ activated, portforward done, Static IP, correct DNS.. and I see the notification of IP fragments problem...that maybe are not supported by my router...I don't know if is the ISP or a router problem...reading on the web may be a problem of public/private ip...please help me XD I'm going crazy XD Thanks smile.png

Did the PS3 recognize and connect via Ethernet to the Internet at all using the 3BB connection? Does the connection work?

"Putting your router in DMZ opens all the ports, so you don't have to go online and look up which ports to open". If using DMZ to a Static IP LAN Address then there's no need to do port forwards, unless it's for other equipment on your LAN.

IP Fragmentation can be eliminated by setting a lower MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit). Normal is 1500, but Thailand ISPs love to use PPPoE so that overhead reduces the usable packet size MTU to 1492.

Using this website will verify your maximum MTU size: http://www.letmecheck.it/mtu-test.php

Set the ROUTER and any systems that connect to the Internet to the same MTU

yes yes everything works...I can connect and play as well..but before today..not so well...so....I was trying to optimizing my gaming performance...Using DMZ helped me already a lot..but I still read about this IP fragmentation problem when I test the connection via ps3...in this website seems that my MTU should be 1492...but today...doing a test with the prompt using the command

ping www.yahoo.com (and other websites to try even if the official for tests is always yahoo) -f -l ****

and resulted that my maximum MTU is 1452(+28)=1480 if I add more...I have packet loss of 25%-50%...sometimes even 100% (I do every test 3 times to be sure)...So after that I changed the value on my ROUTER and on my PS3...1480...saved all...shut down all..waited 10 minutes...turned on all again...and still gives me the problem of IP Fragmentation...even if yes...now is better already...

Thanks I was seeking someone who has actually hooked a PS3 to a wireless 3bb.

I've hooked up my PS4 to 3BB, although don't have a PS3.

Can you connect other devices to the 3BB router/Wifi connection?

And can your PS3 connect to other Wifi networks?

Assuming yes to both of the above, you should be able to connect without any problems. However, if other devices can't connect to the 3BB Router/Wifi, then it'll likely be a problem with your router, and if your PS3 can't connect to other Wifi networks, then it'll likely be a problem with your PS3.

Or is it that you can connect to the Wifi, but then have problems accessing PS store etc while connected? As this is the type of problem which could be specific to an ISP.

Thanks I was seeking someone who has actually hooked a PS3 to a wireless 3bb.

I've hooked up my PS4 to 3BB, although don't have a PS3.

Can you connect other devices to the 3BB router/Wifi connection?

And can your PS3 connect to other Wifi networks?

Assuming yes to both of the above, you should be able to connect without any problems. However, if other devices can't connect to the 3BB Router/Wifi, then it'll likely be a problem with your router, and if your PS3 can't connect to other Wifi networks, then it'll likely be a problem with your PS3.

Or is it that you can connect to the Wifi, but then have problems accessing PS store etc while connected? As this is the type of problem which could be specific to an ISP.

No problem using a LAN connection from 3bb router to PS3; can access all services and download updates and so on. My 3bb router wifi works for other computers and tablets. Did I answer your question?

Sounds like the internet portion of your connection is working fine then, as you can connect via LAN.

And the wifi on the router is working fine, since you can connect other devices.

So it's only possibly a problem with the PS3's wifi or your router security settings.

So check the password you're using on your PS3. If that seems correct, then try to connect using a new device which has never connected to your wifi network before (Or if you don't have a new device available, and know how to check the settings in your router, check to confirm the password + if there are any MAC addresses which are Authorised/Unauthorised).

Also check and see if your PS3 can connect to any other wifi connections (or can at least see other wifi connections). This should confirm that there isn't a problem with your PS3's wireless receiver.

I think the problem is most likely with your security settings, unless you've dropped your PS3 pretty hard at some point lol.

Oh and make sure the signal strength is sufficient too. If you're connected via an Ethernet cable I assume your PS3 is pretty close to the router, but in general a PS may not have the same wifi range as other devices.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I have been wanting to buy a PS4, however I am not sure if my wifi connection type will allow me to get online with it. Unfortunately the wireless hub is a shared one in my apartment building. the service is provided via 3BB and has individual login website pages after you connect to the network via wifi(there is no ethernet connection option). Has anyone been able to connect their ps4 or ps3 to this kind of connection? If so were there any special steps necessary to get it to work? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated guys!

Archived