DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This phone , I guess...they had it a few days before they found it by the Burmese suspects ...Thanks to Abigail some from CSI LA found some video/pictures

Phony evidence, I would say! tongue.png

My wife's smartphone looks exactly the same, so, these pictures hardly prove anything.

Don't misunderstand me: I have serious doubts about this investigation, especially since the moment we learned that police promised cash reward to buy false testimony, but you can't be certain that it is the one and same phone that appears on both pictures.

• Like 1

This phone , I guess...they had it a few days before they found it by the Burmese suspects ...Thanks to Abigail some from CSI LA found some video/pictures

My wife's smartphone looks exactly the same, so, these pictures hardly prove anything.

Don't misunderstand me: I have serious doubts about this investigation, especially since the moment we learned that police promised cash reward to buy false testimony, but you can't be certain that it is the one and same phone that appears on both pictures.

smile.png Well in combination with a statement that the person in the interview was asked for its passcode, I would say it looks a bit suspicious ..just another of these little...something is not right..suspisious kind of circumstances..oh well

smile.png Well in combination with a statement that the person in the interview was asked for its passcode, I would say it looks a bit suspicious ..just another of these little...something is not right..suspisious kind of circumstances..oh well

Agreed, there are many suspicious points in this investigation, but I am with Docno about the passcode story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765397-dna-samples-from-two-myanmar-workers-match-with-those-collected-from-british-victim/page-17#entry8479163

The main problem the police have is that nowadays somebody is always watching and taking pic/video evidence. Not like the old days where they could cover up things easily. Now they have social media to deal with too and they bs doesn't stand up under any kind of scrutiny! Keep the pressure on everybody.

and john thailand, your posts are nothing short of embarrassing, have u got kids? I cant belueve any father could believe any of this. Shame on you

After digging around i have found a few more photos to add credibility to Hannah's mobile phone stitch up.

attachicon.gifHannahMobile.jpg

Why the obsession with the phone???? We don't know it was hers, it may have been his (likely) as has also been reported or it may have been her second phone (1 Thai and 1 UK).

ThaiPBS television that police searched the residence of the suspects and found a mobile phone suspected to belong to one of the British tourists.

Keep in mind the Thai word for him/he and her/she and even "they" can all be the same.

Making a big issue out of a phone found (not pictured) is just a distraction. DNA is what this case comes down to.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Typical farang answer....Thai is not telling the truth....in reality the Thai Police solve the crime...farang scum on this site lie as usual...scummy farangs not fit to be under Thai shoes...and I discussed this with my Thai wife...and I am convinced that tourists and farangs are liars....

people in glass houses should not throw stones!

• Like 1

After digging around i have found a few more photos to add credibility to Hannah's mobile phone stitch up.

Its very true phones are similar and the colours theres thousands of the same............. problem here is..................... the phone cover is distinctive both with Hannah and her friend.

Its possible they both had exactly the same phone and cover but lets be honest... the odds drop down drastically for both.

Its real simple, the DNA is looked at and matched from real crime related evidence and confirmed by say the UK DNA.

so say there is hard evidence apart from confession atm is difficult...

they shared a cigarette while they raped... but the butt was found 50 or more meters from the bodies.... the phone found it is alleged the police were given by hannahs friend... the bike.... well the less said about the bike the better its got nothing on it of interest, no blood etc.

the men were playing guitar 30 meters away, not easy to see anything and then there is two very slight guys overpowering both with no screams and then there is the wounds on David... they are heavy duty and more than a couple of blows... then theres Hannahs OTT injuries... that wasnt done without serious rage and effort.. not as a matter of course as an after thought as claimed...

Just look at things as they are claimed... theres a lot of other suspect points like missing time on cctv .. lack of it, interrogations and the migrant thing

This is anything but tight as an investigation and I dont really see why Thailand would not wish to have all the solid links and proof backed up by say the UK forensics team and parade it to the world how smart the RTP were and enjoy the accolade and praise they would deserve...

By making a Disney land special out of it does nothing to make it seem anything than what it currently looks like... a fit up.

Id like them to have the killers, god knows id like the families to have closure... id like it all over.... but not if its at the expense on 3 innocent people whilst the real killers are out there to do it again.

So go on... get the best help you can and leave no doubts Thailand... repair your tourist industry be seen to be professional and confident and transparent, repair the mistrust and disgust not only by the international community but Thai at home too.

It would or should be easy to do and would do so much to be seen as a country moving forward with real concerns and a real show of reform towards a better place.

I wont hold my breathe.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

BP report says the DNA results implicating these Burmese came back in hours rather than the usual days???

So is it possible to get DNA results in hours.

No.

Yes. New machines now can have results in 20 minutes.

The head of forensic department in Bangkok said the other day it takes a minimum of 48 hours

Its very true phones are similar and the colours theres thousands of the same............. problem here is..................... the phone cover is distinctive both with Hannah and her friend.

Its possible they both had exactly the same phone and cover but lets be honest... the odds drop down drastically for both.

Its real simple, the DNA is looked at and matched from real crime related evidence and confirmed by say the UK DNA.

they shared a cigarette while they raped... but the butt was found 50 or more meters from the bodies.... the phone found it is alleged the police were given by hannahs friend... the bike.... well the less said about the bike the better its got nothing on it of interest, no blood etc.

the men were playing guitar 30 meters away, not easy to see anything and then there is two very slight guys overpowering both with no screams and then there is the wounds on David... they are heavy duty and more than a couple of blows... then theres Hannahs OTT injuries... that wasnt done without serious rage and effort.. not as a matter of course as an after thought as claimed...

Just look at things as they are claimed... theres a lot of other suspect points like missing time on cctv .. lack of it, interrogations and the migrant thing

This is anything but tight as an investigation and I dont really see why Thailand would not wish to have all the solid links and proof backed up by say the UK forensics team and parade it to the world how smart the RTP were and enjoy the accolade and praise they would deserve...

By making a Disney land special out of it does nothing to make it seem anything than what it currently looks like... a fit up.

Id like them to have the killers, god knows id like the families to have closure... id like it all over.... but not if its at the expense on 3 innocent people whilst the real killers are out there to do it again.

So go on... get the best help you can and leave no doubts Thailand... repair your tourist industry be seen to be professional and confident and transparent, repair the mistrust and disgust not only by the international community but Thai at home too.

It would or should be easy to do and would do so much to be seen as a country moving forward with real concerns and a real show of reform towards a better place.

I wont hold my breathe.

Where is the picture of the phone found at the suspects? How do we know it was not his or Hannah's 2nd phone? Again, reports state it was one of theirs.

Agreed, there are many suspicious points in this investigation, but I am with Docno about the passcode story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765397-dna-samples-from-two-myanmar-workers-match-with-those-collected-from-british-victim/page-17#entry8479163

If the sim card was set up by a shop when arrived they may have all been given the same code 1234 for example most people are not concerned about changing to their own personal password while on holiday.

The reaction of the crowd in the crime scene re-enactment also shows that people don't believe this story they were all whispering and not convinced that these are the killers from what I have been told.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Too much obsession about the phone ...

He said in a telephone interview with ThaiPBS television that police searched the residence of the suspects and found a mobile phone suspected to belong to one of the British tourists.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/thai-police-make-arrests-in-death-of-two-british-tourists-1.2036936#ixzz3F8HiXW4L

ThaiPBS television that police searched the residence of the suspects and found a mobile phone suspected to belong to one of the British tourists.
http://nypost.com/2014/10/03/2-men-arrested-after-confessing-to-thailand-tourist-murders/

"There was also a mobile, a guitar and a motorcycle used to do the crime.
"The mobile phone was the mobile of the victim which the suspects took it to destroy.
"Police were able to confiscate these."
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/thai-murders-suspects-stage-reconstruction/ar-BB7c027

"There was also a mobile, a guitar and a motorcycle used to do the crime. The mobile phone was the mobile of the victim which the suspects took it to destroy. Police were able to confiscate these." https://uk.news.yahoo.com/thai-murders-suspects-stage-reconstruction-080411551.html#kWe8GCX

“We also discovered one of them had a mobile phone of one of the victims and the motorbikes they used that night.” https://uk.news.yahoo.com/thai-murders-suspects-stage-reconstruction-080411551.html#kWe8GCX

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Phony evidence, I would say! tongue.png alt=tongue.png>

Please post a photo of your wife's smart phone with the same cover as Hannah's.

• Like 1

Typical farang answer....Thai is not telling the truth....in reality the Thai Police solve the crime...farang scum on this site lie as usual...scummy farangs not fit to be under Thai shoes...and I discussed this with my Thai wife...and I am convinced that tourists and farangs are liars....

You can crawl back under your rock now.

• Like 1

I wont hold my breathe.

Where is the picture of the phone found at the suspects? How do we know it was not his or Hannah's 2nd phone? Again, reports state it was one of theirs.

We dont thats the point, its claims but they have said it was Hannas, whether thats a media line or misquote or just the usual sounding off .. we dont know... however it is good to ask these questions now rather than find out later when its all over and too late...... hang on a second ..too late case over....

Im not sure if people realise.. but here... now.. the only court that matters and will pass judgement is a Thai court... and believe me whatever it deems to be evidence will be taken as such.... it dosnt matter if its BS to us only that the Thai court accepts that evidence...it can be trampled and handled by 100 people and contaminated to heck but........ it may still be considered evidence, its upto the court and often peoples fate are sealed before theres even been a hearing and no im not making it up.

In case you hadnt noticed even the PM was up for decorating the police for solving it before theres even been a court case..... far as hes concerned its a done deal and over apart from the minor formalities. Thats how it is here.

There isnt any way back from this for them, we really should be extra careful on this one as it seems to me the focus is from the Thai perspective on someone to blame, anyone will do rather than i hope most everyone here on TV that have the perspective which is catching the guilty and proving it openly without doubt is 100% necessary for such brutal murders , ..... theres a huge difference.

So IMO its good to look hard and ask questions before these kids fate are sealed.

Edited by englishoak

what abiut motive?

where did they get the hoe from?

david has knife wounds, where r they from?

where is the guitar?

How could the burmese see and hear the couple when they were 60m away in the pitch black?

how could two small chaps take these two out without any screams heard?

where is tha dna on hannah, that matches to david?

fingerprints on the hoe?

dna on the condom?

a complete timeline of events

why did they go to work for the ndxt few weeks and have no bruises/cuts after a fatal battle?

etc etc

Motive was rape as the confession goes

The hoe was on the beach as is not uncommon

Unless you have an autopsy report then you are just making up and speculating about knife wounds

They saw their victims walk by them and then spied on them as stated in confession

It was a secluded area and they hit him from behind and it is still two or three armed men against a surprised man and women.

Strange question, do you now suspect they were not together or do you think it odd he may not have ejaculated before being killed?

If you know anything about finger prints and saw pictures of the hoe handle, you'd know it would be very unlikely they could get any prints from it -- unlike the suspects DNA they got off the victim

Since they found two asian people semen on her which is now identified to be the suspects, it would seem they didn't wear a condemn

timeline of events has already been put out there since the confession was made but would suspect like in all cases, everything is not going to be shared with the public, especially while the case and proceedings is not yet completed.

We don't know they didn't have any injuries they hid and has been reported, the workers were not allowed to leave the island and one who did sneak off is what caught authorities attention ... not to mention they may not have had any noticeable injuries since it was not a first fight but rather smashing two victims to death with a long weapon(s)

Maybe the reports of the DNA matching will be wrong but your questions raise no suspicion and in many cases because you don't know something you are assuming what fits what you want to believe.

I wont hold my breathe.

We dont thats the point, its claims but they have said it was Hannas, whether thats a media line or misquote or just the usual sounding off .. we dont know... however it is good to ask these questions now rather than find out later when its all over and too late...... hang on a second ..too late case over....

Im not sure if people realise.. but here... now.. the only court that matters and will pass judgement is a Thai court... and believe me whatever it deems to be evidence will be taken as such.... it dosnt matter if its BS to us only that the Thai court accepts that evidence...it can be trampled and handled by 100 people and contaminated to heck but........ it may still be considered evidence, its upto the court and often peoples fate are sealed before theres even been a hearing and no im not making it up.

In case you hadnt noticed even the PM was up for decorating the police for solving it before theres even been a court case..... far as hes concerned its a done deal and over apart from the minor formalities. Thats how it is here.

There isnt any way back from this for them, we really should be extra careful on this one as it seems to me the focus is from the Thai perspective on someone to blame, anyone will do rather than i hope most everyone here on TV that have the perspective which is catching the guilty and proving it openly without doubt is 100% necessary for such brutal murders , ..... theres a huge difference.

So IMO its good to look hard and ask questions before these kids fate are sealed.

So then why are you wasting your time and energy addressing and bashing Thais all the time when it is clear that they do not listen to anyone. Wouldn't be wiser if you started pestering the British authorities to take a real action because at this point they are the only ones who could actually do something about this particular case.

Why the obsession with the phone???? We don't know it was hers, it may have been his (likely) as has also been reported or it may have been her second phone (1 Thai and 1 UK).

Keep in mind the Thai word for him/he and her/she and even "they" can all be the same.

Making a big issue out of a phone found (not pictured) is just a distraction. DNA is what this case comes down to.

The phone looks like it is metallic pink - I'd say that makes it unlikely to be his. Why do you say his (likely)?

It is quite distinctive, and quite a major coincidence if it is not Hannah's phone on his desk.

Edited by bunglebag

Phony evidence, I would say! tongue.png alt=tongue.png>

Please post a photo of your wife's smart phone with the same cover as Hannah's.

Which Hanna's phone, the one the cops from the get-go said they had and showed or the one found at the suspects that you assume belonged to her and not David that nobody has pics of and if hers may have been her second phone to use in Thailand.

The phone looks like it is metallic pink - I'd say that makes it unlikely to be his. Why do you say his (likely)?

It is quite distinctive, and quite a major coincidence if it is not Hannah's phone on his desk.

You have a picture of the phone the police found at the suspects? I have been seeing lots of phone pics but not one of the one they say they found at the suspects and say belonged to one of the victims.

You have a picture of the phone the police found at the suspects? I have been seeing lots of phone pics but not one of the one they say they found and say belonged to one of the victims.

Ah I see. I misunderstood initially. Thought you were saying that pink phone might be his.

But, what about this:

26th Sept - The National:

"For now, police believe the murders were sexually motivated, as none of the victims' belongings were missing, Pol General Kiattipong Kaosam-ang, a provincial police commander, said yesterday. - "

Edited by bunglebag
  • Like 2

I wont hold my breathe.

So then why are you wasting your time and energy addressing and bashing Thais all the time when it is clear that they do not listen to anyone. Wouldn't be wiser if you started pestering the British authorities to take a real action because at this point they are the only ones who could actually do something about this particular case.

Oh get over it I bash the UK all the time when it poops me off, im not Thai bashing im Thaliand bashing, theres a difference. and ???

Why do you assume im not or havnt done anything or not contacted the authorities or media of the UK ? i think you might be a bit surprised about social medias reach, theres things like email and site blogs and all kinds of methods and ways to get in touch with all kinds. even the UN and Amnesty International. I will bet plenty here have done so to some. I know I have