Is this a scam?

Franky Bear

If you receive an Email from Microsoft / Outlook / Hotmail etc staff in your Hotmail / Outlook account

you will notice a Green Shield next to the Email Address (Senders Name) so you know it's genuine

See screenshot

post-10213-0-14406600-1412327895_thumb.j

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

If you receive an Email from Microsoft / Outlook / Hotmail etc staff in your Hotmail / Outlook account

you will notice a Green Shield next to the Email Address (Senders Name) so you know it's genuine

See screenshot

attachicon.gif1.JPG

yeah mate. I have to admit i nearly f88888 up. It was when i had to approve the address the alarm bells rang.

I am no Bill Gates with computers, but am not mug. It's the first time in years i have almost made a Boo-Boo.

Thanks for your replies gents. Despite the view that TV sometimes projects, when you ask for advice on here you get it straight :)

@FrankyB.

If I was you I would add 2 step authentication to your account, because when they got your userid and password they still can't get in to the account.

Read more about it here and if you need any help just "Yell".

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-use-two-step-verification-with-your-microsoft-account/

This 2-Step is also available for GMail, Yahoo accounts.

• Like 1

Damned imposters! Yesterday I infected my computer with malware by downloading what appeared to be Kindle for the PC. I had googled Kindle for PC. The top link brought up what looked like a genuine page for the download. Clicking on the green "Download" green square next to Kindle for PC downloaded instead a download manager whose name I had never heard of. Norton Internet Security 2014 detected the malware but was unable to locate its installation file. A complete scan with Malwarebytes identified all of the files and registry entries and removed them. Whew! You really have to be careful!

Damned imposters! Yesterday I infected my computer with malware by downloading what appeared to be Kindle for the PC. I had googled Kindle for PC. The top link brought up what looked like a genuine page for the download. Clicking on the green "Download" green square next to Kindle for PC downloaded instead a download manager whose name I had never heard of. Norton Internet Security 2014 detected the malware but was unable to locate its installation file. A complete scan with Malwarebytes identified all of the files and registry entries and removed them. Whew! You really have to be careful!

The top links in Google are almost always sponsored.

Download an addon/plugin called WOT (Web of Trust) which is a crowd-sourced profiler and will alert you when a website is dodgy.