Getting my PS4 next week - How best to set it up and which ps+ account to buy?

JustAnotherFarang

Hi Guys

I decided to buy the japanese PS4 with camera and Fifa 14 that was advertised for under 16,000 bht on Lazada. I have also bought a few games too:-

Fifa 15 (zone 3/asia)

Infamous First Light (asia)

Destiny (zone 3/asia)

The Last of Us (not to sure about which region but its from Lazada)

I have read that its best to set it up with a US PS+ account which I would have to buy from Amazon. But then I read that this might mean that I cannot access downloadable content for the games that I have purchased above as they are asian versions and would need an asian PS+ account. I am also worried that if I set it up incorrectly I might find it hard to play with other players online here or in Australia.

Is there anyone who could give me some advice as to what to do to get the best out of my new machine and which ps+ account is most suitable

Thanks for your advice and assistance

JAF

PS I am also going to buy a PS Vita in the next few weeks to take advantage of the ps+ account and the free downloadable games.

If it works like it does on PS3, you'll need to create an Asian account to actually buy and download DLC for the games, but once you've done that you can log back into your American account and still have access to the DLC. I'd get PS+ on a US account because the free games IMO are better there. You'll be able to play games online with people from anywhere no matter what region your PS+ is.

Enjoy it, 16k baht is a great price and it's a great piece of kit from all accounts. I'm waiting until there are more games out for it before I get one, and I've still got tons of games still to finish on PS3 for now.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I decided to buy the japanese PS4 with camera and Fifa 14 that was advertised for under 16,000 bht on Lazada. I have also bought a few games too:-

Fifa 15 (zone 3/asia)

Destiny (zone 3/asia)

I have read that its best to set it up with a US PS+ account which I would have to buy from Amazon. But then I read that this might mean that I cannot access downloadable content for the games that I have purchased above as they are asian versions and would need an asian PS+ account. I am also worried that if I set it up incorrectly I might find it hard to play with other players online here or in Australia.

Is there anyone who could give me some advice as to what to do to get the best out of my new machine and which ps+ account is most suitable

JAF

PS I am also going to buy a PS Vita in the next few weeks to take advantage of the ps+ account and the free downloadable games.

Dont get Japanese ps4, sure it must be cheaper but you wont be able to claim warranty from sony thai and south east Asia, should something go wrong. Get one from thailand or other countries in the region

Hi Guys

Fifa 15 (zone 3/asia)

Destiny (zone 3/asia)

JAF

Dont get Japanese ps4, sure it must be cheaper but you wont be able to claim warranty from sony thai and south east Asia, should something go wrong. Get one from thailand or other countries in the region

Thanks for the advice but I am buying it from Lazada Thailand and will get at least a 12 month warranty.

Hi Guys

I got my ps4 machine today and all works well although I have yet to delve too deep into it, just a few games of Fifa 15 which was quite impressive. But I decided that I wanted to buy a PSN card (USA region) and checked out Amazon only to find that I must be a resident and have to have a us billing address. I was going to pay by paypal but that account is linked to Bangkok Bank. Is there any way around this as I do not really want to by an Asian PSN card because of the poor choice of free downloadable games.

Thanks for your advice as always

JAF

Hi Guys

I got my ps4 machine today and all works well although I have yet to delve too deep into it, just a few games of Fifa 15 which was quite impressive. But I decided that I wanted to buy a PSN card (USA region) and checked out Amazon only to find that I must be a resident and have to have a us billing address. I was going to pay by paypal but that account is linked to Bangkok Bank. Is there any way around this as I do not really want to by an Asian PSN card because of the poor choice of free downloadable games.

Thanks for your advice as always

JAF

I buy from offgamers google it. Its the cheapest psn card i have found

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my ps 4 in Thailand but set up a US PlayStation account - also had the same problem in not being able to buy PSN credit through amazon as you need US resident amazon account. I used my wifes amazon for a while but she complains whenever she sees i spend money for PS there.. So just tried play asia this morning and worked perfectly- you can buy PSN US card and play asia email you the code immediately . Works a treat.

• Like 2