Lone bank robber escapes with 15,000 baht in cash in Lamphun

webfact

Lone bank robber escapes with 15,000 baht in cash

6-10-2557-13-42-08-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A lone robber came into a Krung Thai bank branch inside Big C superstore in Lamphun and handed over a note to the bank employee saying he had gun and hand grenade.

The bank employee immediately gave all the cash on the counter to the robber who ran out amid the falling rains.

Police said the robber who wore cap to cover his face from surveillance camera handed the note to a bank staff with a threat to blow up the bank with explosive.

Shocked with the threat, the staff then handed over some 15,000 baht on the counter to him. The lone robber then ran out and disappeared in the mid of heavy rainfall.

Police were checking other cameras to find the escaping routes of the robber.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/lone-bank-robber-escapes-15000-baht-cash/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-06

Oh so what. 15000 is the amount currently being handed out to rice farmers (only), despite the reason being given for this overthrow of the 'democratically elected' past maladministration's 'populist policies'.

P'raps these 7/11 robbers who seem to be increasingly reported and never existed before should take up farming rice coffee1.gif

Edited by jpeg

I feel that ways sometimes when they check my signature and it is not exactly like the signature I gave them 15 years ago. Then they show me the original one and I get to try again. I think... whats the point?

Banking in Thailand is so backward, I don't blame the guy. Maybe he just forgot his "book bank" and wanted to make a withdrawal.

Must have taken some nerve or pure desperation to do it, but to walk away with only 15k baht what a let down especially as it was raining!

Should have signed up with a jet ski outfit for a week or so and scammed some farangs, his share of the take would be more than 15k and absolutely no risk of prosecution!

15000 bhat bank robbery ? I bet the guts who robbed 7/11 since they saw nothing haooen d to them and police can't catch them so decided to do a test and trial on a bank robbery.

But seriously he had gun and grenade and was happy with 15K? lol......