TOT - Fibre Optic & VPN

I recently upgraded to TOT fibre optic thinking this would be a good idea.

My old line was ok but as I was using Netflix via a VPN (unblock US) and was suffering some buffering issues - Fibre optic seemed a good idea.

Now I cannot view Netflix at all as it seems to be blocked despite the great help from TOT....The answer I got was I only know normal computers not Mac's...

Any one have any issues using Fibre Optic with TOT and a similar situation??

Thanks in advance for any guidance

BKK Spoon

I use Netflix on TOT fibre, personally I use unotelly.com DNS set up on my router to get non Thai DNS for Netflix, but I do have a VPN as well and that works fine.

Just in case this is the root of the issue - you still need to have a VPN or DNS service in place for Netflix to serve you content even with fibre optic, Netflix do not serve content to Thai IP addresses whatsoever.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

I watch all my TV through normal 3 BB line on either my Mac or more recently IPTV ... I cannot see why TOT would be different...

What I would suggest you try first, is use Firefox and download Hola unblocker as your VPN (installs in FF) .... Some might suggest Google Chrome and Zenmate, but I find it useless (maybe it's the Mac version???)

If you already have a Netflix account it should work... Please let us know!wink.png

Slightly off topic but does anyone have heavy buffering of YouTube on domestic TOT fibre-optic that clears when using 3G?

When I watch YouTube on my mobile connected to my WiFi is buffers like billyo but if I switch WiFi off and the connection defaults back to the phone AIS 3G connection it clears and runs like clockwork.