Over 100 illegal migrants found in forest near Aranyaprathet

webfact

Over 100 illegal migrants found in forest near Aranyaprathet
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- More than 100 illegal immigrants were arrested Monday after being smuggled into Sa Kaew from Cambodia for the purpose of working in Bangkok.

Local police teamed up with the Immigration officials for the crackdown at Parai Village in Aranyaprathet district. The immigrants were found hiding in a forest near the village.

The group - 86 men and 44 women - had expected a labour-trafficking gang to pick them up and take them to Bangkok but it never showed up.

Each person allegedly paid Bt2,500 to a Cambodian agent to deliver them to Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Over-100-illegal-migrants-found-in-forest-near-Ara-30244859.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-06

Life is so unfair to some people, I don't know how Fortunate I was being brought up and Educated in a Western Country, Private Education, and all the trimmings...

But I am a great advocate of we are all the same, money and status does not make a person, breaks my heart when I read stories like this....

2014 ??? And this is still going on....

Sad yes, however this is a daily thing, Cambodians coming to Thailand for "opportunity", be it realistic or not.

Strangely, many of them have a much better life in Thailand, how ever the abuses far out weigh these.

What is more concerning is the constant people smuggling trade when people, (Mainly Burmese) are sold like pigs against their will into slavery that is protected by the same authorities that should be protecting the humans, not the smugglers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aranyaprathet_District

well mr Greek member i think i am correct in saying it seems that the people of Greece seem to be the ones to claim that they were the first nation to bring civility and formality to this world so by your WE it cant include you eh??

Really feel sorry for these people.

What a life, what a struggle to survive they have.

Why have we made this beautiful planet of ours such an ugly place to live in?

sorry? They knew they do something illegal....There are many Cambodian in Thailand who did it legally.

Life is so unfair to some people, I don't know how Fortunate I was being brought up and Educated in a Western Country, Private Education, and all the trimmings...

But I am a great advocate of we are all the same, money and status does not make a person, breaks my heart when I read stories like this....

It is not going on, it is getting worse. Not only in Thailand. Look at unemployed in USA in compare to the rich one. Specially if there are medical problems.

So it isn't only Cambodia.

After the fall of communism all the politicians, including left wing just increase the differences.....

It's 2557 here!

We?
Agreed. It's not the ordinary Joe who's responsible, it's greedy, unscrupulous businessmen whose activities are facilitated by corrupt politicians.

The day all the "holier than thou" posters here are willing to pay the "real" price for their food, clothing and other stuff produced by workers paid real wages, that is the day slavery will disappear!!

And I guess, we are all aware of, that will never happen.

How many are here, apart from the weather and the ladies, because it is cheap? So we are really part of the problem.

@Suriya4. You mention Australia as an example of good practice. The very same country that have just signed a very shamefull deal with Cambodia, more or less paying to get rid of their asylum-seekers!!

Disgusting how the Thais treat the poor illegal migrant seeking a better life. Thailand should follow sample from us, uk, Australia, turkey, China, etc.

And send to Cambodia...............

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/764838-refugees-in-nauru-protest/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763701-should-australias-refugees-be-sent-to-cambodia-excellent-kevin-doyle-bbc-report/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763533-refugee-deal-to-bring-40m-in-aid-cambodians-protest-resettlement-deal-with-australia/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763207-ministers-to-sign-refugee-deal-australia/

Actually, these predominately Islamic folks will have a field day in Cambodia, they come from corrupt states where most are very wealthy and will fit right in. giggle.gif

We?

Yes, "we". When good men fail to act, evil prevails. When good men refuse to get involved, evil prevails. When good men refuse to acknowledge that inaction is not just condoning malfeasance, but abetting it, evil prevails.

Evil prevails because we are comfortable and are afraid to risk our comfort.

Sip your latte and accept responsibility for it....

• Like 1

It is not going on, it is getting worse. Not only in Thailand. Look at unemployed in USA in compare to the rich one. Specially if there are medical problems.

So it isn't only Cambodia.

After the fall of communism all the politicians, including left wing just increase the differences.....

Get your head out of the sand. Those people in Cambodia (and Burma etc.) are poor because their governments are corrupt, there's no opportunity to learn high tech, and they have nowhere to go.

Where do people get this stuff? There are "help wanted" signs in stores in the USA that I see every day.

The truly poor can get Medicaid which is health insurance for the poor.

In the US it's hard to get a job if you have a criminal background, and it will be checked. Most employers require a drug screening test, sometimes even during employment. They don't want some drugged up person who is by definition a criminal working for them. Many jobs require a valid driver's license which some have lost to drunk driving charges.

The unemployment rate has fallen a great deal in the US to just 5.9% today. I'm hear to tell you that there is 5.9% of the population who won't work but rather draw benefits, or whose background precludes them from getting a job. Even if they have no criminal record their references may suck.

The richest people in the US are "new rich" in a land of opportunity. I give you Bill Gates, one of the richest men in the world, who never graduated from college but who, starting with DOS, built an empire called Microsoft. There are many others.

All Americans, even those on welfare and food stamps are rich by Cambodian standards. I truly feel bad for those Cambodians.

Edited by NeverSure

Thai police are only interested in busting the pawns, the illegal immigrants. Thai police have no interest in conducting a sting operation to nail the THai Mr. Big backers and operations bigs. It's only the Cambodians no Thais involved in the smuggling operation and human trafficking network. No protection money paid to Thais, no Thais involved - that's it.

We?

Yes, "we". When good men fail to act, evil prevails. When good men refuse to get involved, evil prevails. When good men refuse to acknowledge that inaction is not just condoning malfeasance, but abetting it, evil prevails.

As resident foreigners what responsibility can we exert as we can't vote and our opinions carry no weight, indeed expressing such can bring serious consequences.

We?

As resident foreigners what responsibility can we exert as we can't vote and our opinions carry no weight, indeed expressing such can bring serious consequences.

there are many things you can do.

You can visit and support families locked up in horrible Thai prisons for years just for not having the right stamp in their passport. Support does not mean to invest a lot of money. When visiting them, for example once per week you can offer a meal or some pens and paper for the children.

In Bangkok there are two groups doing this twice a week. They are doing this for many years now. No one ever had to face any consequences.

The opposite is true: the public eye on it, also the involvement of an US lawyer brought a few enhancements at least for the children.

So, Nongkhaikid, what you bring is just a lame excuse...

#22 can i take it you are in one of these visiting groups since you didn't mention you actually do it just two groups do

Bkk is a bit far for me as I live in Udon Thani and to the best of my knowledge there's no such group here and i don't intend rolling up to the local Hilton to ask if i can visit the unfortunates who shouldn't be locked up. Are you saying there are children in prisons too even if this is LoS

This human traffic won't be possible unless they have a local Thai partner, why there is no news ever that they arrested any of those criminal?? What's the

What's the point of arresting poor immigrants.. If they have the balls let them bust the ring leaders of the human trafficking gang.

We?

Ok fair enough comment, so lets exclude you from the "we", but how about expanding on anything constructive undertaken by yourself to maintain its beauty.

Edited by Artisi

It's 2557 here!

Only for some people.

This human traffic won't be possible unless they have a local Thai partner, why there is no news ever that they arrested any of those criminal?? What's the

What's the point of arresting poor immigrants.. If they have the balls let them bust the ring leaders of the human trafficking gang.

Bust the ring-leaders and their support team- means busting their own in many cases, and that would never do.