Limewire

chang35baht

hi'

change port for listening, nothing under port 50000 up to 65530,

most of low port are sometime "throttled" by your isp :o

hope it help a bit

francois

Thanks Francois. Could you help me even further by telling me how I change the port preferences on my com.

By the way it,s been ok for over a year now. Why has this problem just arisen for not only me but fora couple of my mates that i have phoned up. they speak of the same problem?

I know for certain that CSLOXINFO is blocking P2P ports (that means Limewire, BitTorrent, etc) like clockwork from 8 am to just about 5 pm on weekdays. Could it be that your problems are during those times?

Hey

It is more than likely either your ISP or something 'local'.

I have just had d/loads checked in THREE countries for you, without problems.

Test Countries : Sydney AUSTRALIA ~ Manchester UK ~ Orlando FL USA ~ Bakersfield CA USA

This kind of confirms that Limewire in itself is working fine.

Kind regards

Peter

I've had similar problems with Limewire. Managed to get one good connection and hold it long enough to down load a few hundred mg, but since rebooting my machine i cant even get a connection good enough to search!

As I understand File Sharing in Thailand is illegal, it is quite probable that your ISP has closed the required ports on their server.

Illegal? Please tell me more! Where (and when) did you hear that file sharing was illegal in Thailand? Would you please direct me to the relevant legislation/official body? This will come as quite a shock to many people and a few businesses I know.

Spill the beans ...

CSLoxinfo does packet shaping, which is not the same thing as blocking specific ports.

Simply put, it means that transfer packets with certain characteristics are intercepted and slowed down. However, it is true that some common ports used for file sharing apps are also blocked by some ISPs.

All the info you need is out there. Google is your friend.

hi'

change port for listening, nothing under port 50000 up to 65530,

most of low port are sometime "throttled" by your isp :o

hope it help a bit

francois

Thanks Francois. Could you help me even further by telling me how I change the port preferences on my com.

By the way it,s been ok for over a year now. Why has this problem just arisen for not only me but fora couple of my mates that i have phoned up. they speak of the same problem?

hi'

I don't use liewire, but it should be in option / network setings or similar :D

and if you use a routeur don't forget to forward these new ports :D

francois