Christmas lunch

goldes

Why don't you cook?

Very helpful!

Just a few initial reasons why the guy doesn't want to / can't cook;

Lives in a condo with limited space....

Lives in a condo without an oven......

Wants to enjoy the festive day in the company of others.....

Can't be bothered.....

It's probably cheaper to eat in a restaurant....

Perhaps he's not a great cook....

Wants to relax on Xmas Day....

Etc

• Like 2

Jameson's

I went there for Christmas a couple of years ago and wasnt very impressed. Quite expensive for what it was, and having everyone arrive at the same time meant that the queues for the food were horrendous. And people were smoking inside.

All in all nothing gave me the urge to go back.

Jameson's

I went there for Christmas a couple of years ago and wasnt very impressed. Quite expensive for what it was, and having everyone arrive at the same time meant that the queues for the food were horrendous. And people were smoking inside.

All in all nothing gave me the urge to go back.

There's no smoking on Xmas Day, hasn't been for years!

I always go to the Queen Vic in Soi 6. No booking, just turn up. If you don't want to take someone down Soi 6 the back road is open again.

If I'm not mistaken, the Queen Vic on Soi 6 offer a carvery on Xmas Day (same as any Sunday), which is fine on a Sunday.

But, if you wish to enjoy the day in a festive manner Jameson's is far better.

As for not walking down Soi 6 with family, it's a far better option than the back road (6/1) wether the Soi has been fixed or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I need to have a staff xmas party. Well, say need, I want to and they are going to go as well whether they like it or not. Money not as much a priority as a good feast, nice lively festive environment, where we would not look out of place dressed up a bit. Xmas eve or before - anyone know of something like this in Pattaya this year?

Are you really living in Thailand? There is no Xmas here as such.

Give the laws a great Thai Smile tour and forget about that obligate stuff.

You don't read so good do you. Its my idea, we've had a good year, and I want to celebrate. Last year the Marriott had an xmas eve gala, but cannot see details of it anywhere so just asking.

Are you really living in Thailand? There is no Xmas here as such.

Give the laws a great Thai Smile tour and forget about that obligate stuff.

You don't read so good do you. Its my idea, we've had a good year, and I want to celebrate. Last year the Marriott had an xmas eve gala, but cannot see details of it anywhere so just asking.

Oh yes, I read you quite well. Great idea to have a traditional Brittish Christmas lunch in Thailand.

I know Greg's Kitchen on Drinking St (opposite Tiffanys) does one for about £20 per head. There will be plenty cheaper places in Pattaya, but his portions are huge and for the equivalent in the UK you could count on paying £70 per head or thereabouts, Very good food too.Book early for anywhere decent.

I need to have a staff xmas party. Well, say need, I want to and they are going to go as well whether they like it or not. Money not as much a priority as a good feast, nice lively festive environment, ...

If you want your Thai staff to be happy (which presumably is what Christmas is all about) then why not treat them to a Thai restaurant meal? It will probably be much better value than anything you will ever find in a farang restaurant and they will have much more fun. Most Thais I have seen eating farang-style Sunday or Christmas lunch seem to be bored and just pick at the food.

I have been to several over the years. Pig and Whistle soi 7/8. Butchers' ARM Soi Bukhao. The Lek hotel was pretty nice. sit outside by the pool on a warm Christmas Eve I found pleasant. One year they actually had real Turkeys they were carving up, not turkey breast loaves. Tequila Reef was OK, but not very British. Robin's nest off of Soi LK metro is kind of a small place but OK quality.

I need to have a staff xmas party. Well, say need, I want to and they are going to go as well whether they like it or not. Money not as much a priority as a good feast, nice lively festive environment, where we would not look out of place dressed up a bit. Xmas eve or before - anyone know of something like this in Pattaya this year?

Pook House/Bar on soi Bukhaow opposite Siam Sawasdee Hotel is the ideal place for a "dressed-up" party-espescially at Christmas as the staff there dress suitably and enter into the spirit of the occasion thumbsup.gif

The Royal Cliff has a fantastic buffet. Great view from the tables also.

Didn't know they did a Christmas one. Is it similar to the Saturday evening one (which I think is the best of its type in Pattaya)?

Not sure about that as I've never been to the Saturday evening one! But it is a fantastic buffet. I'm normally not a big fan of buffets...

I don't like repeating myself, or sounding like I'm plugging a particular joint, but Jameson's fits your needs perfectly.

But you will need to book now.

Edited by Woody1

The Royal Cliff has a fantastic buffet. Great view from the tables also.

Didn't know they did a Christmas one. Is it similar to the Saturday evening one (which I think is the best of its type in Pattaya)?

Not sure about that as I've never been to the Saturday evening one! But it is a fantastic buffet. I'm normally not a big fan of buffets...

I've been to the Cliff Christmas day buffets on a number of years, always excellent.

I don't like repeating myself, or sounding like I'm plugging a particular joint, but Jameson's fits your needs perfectly.

But you will need to book now.

Yeah I starting to think that too. Will go and have a look over the weekend. They would not be interested in some of the racier options, and that might just be interesting. Thanks.

• Like 1