A great hamburger in Pattaya

mogo51

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a good burger, try Raro's Fast Food Heaven. The buns are baked locally and the meat is specially made. Very good.

He's got a spicy version coming out soon...yum....

I miss Fuddruckers! 55555

I loved Fuddruckers when I was in America, you can watch the cooks preparing the beef at the one in Nashville.

A great burger you say? I submit many of the little burger shacks on some of the side streets at 2 am after being out all night. Getting that and some fries and a coke to go back to the hotel room. And ending up hitching up with the vendor lady. That is what a hamburger's all about!

I am quite particular about burgers and often go to Bangkok just for gourmet burgers. I am not talking about small diner burgers (Just Burgers, etc) or fast food but a truly gourmet burger. So far the Havana at the Holiday Inn cuts the mustard, comes with cole slaw, onion rings, fries too. Someone mentioned the Marriott but per the staff they use local beef and Beefeater started using fillers on my last two visits.

You often go to Bangkok just for a burger ?

You lead an interesting life

Mrs NL and I have been known to fly to Udon for lunch and my favorite kwetiau or her favorite khao man gai. These low-cost carriers are really handy for that and back in time to collect master NL from school.... and take him to McDonalds.

[last minute edit to mention (some sort of) burger since some people appear upset]

Yep well worth it not

I am quite particular about burgers and often go to Bangkok just for gourmet burgers. I am not talking about small diner burgers (Just Burgers, etc) or fast food but a truly gourmet burger. So far the Havana at the Holiday Inn cuts the mustard, comes with cole slaw, onion rings, fries too. Someone mentioned the Marriott but per the staff they use local beef and Beefeater started using fillers on my last two visits.

You often go to Bangkok just for a burger ?

You lead an interesting life

Mrs NL and I have been known to fly to Udon for lunch and my favorite kwetiau or her favorite khao man gai. These low-cost carriers are really handy for that and back in time to collect master NL from school.... and take him to McDonalds.

[last minute edit to mention (some sort of) burger since some people appear upset]

Yep well worth it not
Great ,Feeding your Kid Mc Ds, enuff Fat Kids over here, Spoiling their children with Obesity, make sure hou gk xtraLarge

Does the Edge @ the Hilton still do their burger buffet on Wednesdays? From Pattaya Mail at the time, "The hamburgers are cooked to your order and there are eight varieties, including Tex-Mex, Chicken Caesar, Pepperoni burger, Blue cheese burger and the Classic burger."

A few years back, OMG started a good thread on it but that disintegrated into a pissing contest between the old buggers who can't afford them (and probably don't even live in Pattaya) and a debate on a couple of popular diner discount cards that some people seemed to equate with food stamps.

Yep well worth it not

It's not about my lifestyle though, it's all about a good burger in Pattaya. Any suggestions?

Great ,Feeding your Kid Mc Ds, enuff Fat Kids over here, Spoiling their children with Obesity, make sure hou gk xtraLarge

Enough trolling. The thread is about burgers in Pattaya. Anything to contribute?

• 2 months later...

For us folks on the Dark Side; you do not have to drive to Central Pattaya or Jomtien to get a decent burger. A little place across the street from Wanasin Park on Siam Country Clib road Soi 16 called Baan Wanasin. German owner I believe and I went in planning to order a schnitzel and fries but at the last minute opted for a burger and fries. Must have been at least 10 cm tall with a huge order of fries. Outstanding and cheap - with two Leos (the first in a frosted mug) the tab was 360 baht. The place is about 50 meters dowm the street from Tony's Gym. Happy to avoid trips to town to get a burger. Give it a try.

Edited by akentryan

If you were to come up with a place.It would be picked apart by people. I remember reading the entire thread of the member here who opened his own place on the Dark Side. Fast Food Heaven it was called.

For a good burger, try Raro's Fast Food Heaven. The buns are baked locally and the meat is specially made. Very good.

He's got a spicy version coming out soon...yum....

I miss Fuddruckers! 55555

I loved Fuddruckers when I was in America, you can watch the cooks preparing the beef at the one in Nashville.

Fuddrukcers lost me as a customer when I experienced their cheese pump similar to 7 11. Much better value burgers out there Carl's Jr., Appleby's, Red Robin, etc.

My choice is a gourmet cheeseburger,200 plus grams of imported beef(Australia, USA, Canada, etc.) with most importantly the proper fat content (22%) for a juicy burger. Condiments per your choice. Anything else is just another diner burger, an overcooked, dry hockey puck served on a bun.

Edited by ThaiBob

• 1 month later...

I was treated to a sneak peek test run at Pastrami on Rye today with their bacon cheeseburger. They've hit a homerun imho. A juicy 1/3 pound 100% beef patty cooked to perfection. Hands down the best burger I have ever had in Thailand.

They start serving the burgers on November 1st and I will be a regular when I need a burger fix.

post-180337-0-32452000-1446194598_thumb.

I was treated to a sneak peek test run at Pastrami on Rye today with their bacon cheeseburger. They've hit a homerun imho. A juicy 1/3 pound 100% beef patty cooked to perfection. Hands down the best burger I have ever had in Thailand.

They start serving the burgers on November 1st and I will be a regular when I need a burger fix.

attachicon.gifLL4A7262.jpg

Nice looking burger. What's the price?

attachicon.gifLL4A7262.jpg

Nice looking burger. What's the price?

225 for a hamburger, 255 for a cheeseburger all the way up to 295 for their pizza, aloha, & breakfast burgers. My bacon cheeseburger was 285. All include fries and the pickle. I'm going for the mushroom & swiss burger at 275 on Sunday, can't wait.

Also, the beef patties are angus beef. They also offer pork for the non-cow eaters.

Edited by Roger Lee

With so much interest in this topic I'm beginning to wonder if I have missed out as a vegetarian, I guess I should not mention the latest WHO scare,

but maybe it does not include burgers.

Yawn....being a vegetarian will probably guarantee you being deficient in something.

Of course for max health benefits you should eat grass fed organic beef and lamb.

With so much interest in this topic I'm beginning to wonder if I have missed out as a vegetarian, I guess I should not mention the latest WHO scare,

but maybe it does not include burgers.

Why would a vegetarian even bother to look in on a thread about hamburgers ???

Tips on lettuce and tomato perhaps? cheesy.gif

I look forward to trying the hamburger at Pastrami on Rye as they do make excellent food without compromise. They also have very good staff when I go there. I don't mind paying 300 baht if it is indeed good.

Having said that I recently had the best hamburger I have ever had in Thailand at the All American restaurant at "the avenue". It was a close second to what they used to serve at woodstocks that was in Nana years ago. It seemed to have the right combination of fat to beef and seasoning. They do the stuffed burgers there and have quite a selection of what you can have in them, some sounding a bit strange to me. I had the four cheese and it was a large size burger 300 grams. If I had to be critical it would be nice to have fries priced cheaper than 110 baht when ordered together. I don't see the point eating a burger anywhere else now, until I try the one a Past. on rye.

post-72597-0-48784900-1446365178_thumb.j

Along Beach Rd. Havana restaurant at the courtyard at the Holiday Inn has an exceptional hamburger -great quality (Tavern by the Sea, Gullivers, Green Tree - a no go)... Hard Rock, good burgers but overly priced and for that price the bun is not freshly baked; Marriot Hotel, great burger but again, ++ can jack up the price.... Carls Junior, not bad for a quick service burger joint. Try the Avacado burger mmmm-good. I do not know why, but the burgers are sloppy with too much mayo so I think I use a box full of napkins on the table (I never found the staff to be rude...just functional) (Carls Junior is a class by itself and should not be compared to McDonalds, Burger King.These two fast food outlets purchase sick and scrawny cows at auctions in the States- but with additives and flavor added, you do not know it(I have a friend that works at one of the cattle auctions in the MIdwest). I do not know where the beef comes from in Thailand . Hippo burgers are a nice surprise, may seem to be a bit pricey but the quality is superior, and you get a choice of two dishes (such as a bake potato and steamed vegetables)....All American restaurant burgers are great for the hungry man but they are not grilled. I would not say Sizzlers burgers are that great, but we all go there for the salad bar-not for the quality of the main dish.

I am a picky eater when it comes to burgers... no small chunks of fat or bone in the minced meat, like it to be grilled, and a good quality of beef. I will pay more for quality since I seldom eat beef in this country (I do not like Thai beef).

• 2 weeks later...

My original enthusiasm for the Pastrami on Rye cheeseburger is diminishing. They do a lot of things right, super large portion of Angus beef, good cheese, nice bun, your choice of fries, Cole slaw, or potato salad, large pickle. But they have some serious shortcomings for this finicky eater; bun is not toasted so it tends to fall apart, they don't use iceberg lettuce (green salad lettuce which wilts and no crunch factor), they use the chopped onions and tomatoes from their pizza toppings so they fallout(should use sliced whole tomatoes and onions) , chintzy with the mayo. Simple to rectify so I hope they're listening; if Carl's Jr can do it so can they.

Edited by ThaiBob

I want to make hamburgers at home but where can you buy imported beef mince in Patts?

I make them at home. I use a blend, fresh mince Aussie imported at Tops, Central Festival (lean) and frozen wagyu patty from the Hickory Butcher (by the Pattaya Courthouse).