First 60 days - then 1 year extension

I have a Non-immigrant ”O” visa based on marriage (single entry). The visa is about to expire in few weeks. I have two questions:

1) Can I now apply for a 60 days extension of stay, and then after 60 days (when the extension is about to expire) apply for the 1 year extension? In other words, is this kind of “first 60 days + then 1 year” extension possible, or do I need to leave the country after 60 days?

2) If I had a non-immigrant “O” multi-entry visa, would I now be able extend the 90 days (that I get by entering the country with the multi-entry visa) with 60 days by applying for the extension of stay? I used to have multi-entry visa. Normally it was OK, but few times I had to change my travel plans to get out of the country during the 90 days (even did a border-run). Would it have been possible to extend the "multi-entry 90 days" at immigration office (CW)?

Regards,

depe

I can't see any point in first doing a 60 day extension and then a 1 year extension after that. If having the money requirements. Just do the one year extension instead.

Your two extensions will give you 14 months. But two one year extension will give you 24 months

Edited by bangkoklasse

1. Yes But you can do it during the last 30 days of the extension instead wating until near the end of the extension.

2. You can extend any entry for 60 days to visit your wife. You could of done it for any of the 90 entries your visa allowed. You would not of been able to extend the visa only the permit to stays it allowed.

You can do it at the immigration office where you live.

Thanks for quick answers.

Yes, my goal is to get the 1 year extension now. I should meet all the requirements. I am just going through the list of the required documents (which is exhausting), and this idea of applying for the 60 days extension came to my mind as a secondary option, if there will be something wrong with my application. (I assume the 60 days extension requirements are easier to fulfill.)

It's a pity that I didn't know about the possibility to extend the 90 days permit of stay (with the multi-entry visa). It would have saved me at least one unnecessary border run.