Renewal of extension to Retirement Visa - Chomburi Immigration - Jomtien

Not sure if today was a busy day, however I turned up early and was second in the queue for Desk 6 which opened a couple of minutes before 8.30. First guy up transpired to be an overstay who claimed that he had been told by the 90day reporting desk that he was OK. You can imagine how that went down with the Immigration people. I was up next, paperwork checked, money paid and then told I could collect my passport TOMORROW at 10.30am.

What's happened to the "collect after lunch" system. I was supposed to drive up to Buriram this afternoon and pick up the missus, who now has to take the bus.

Me? popular? Not a lot.laugh.png

Not sure if today was a busy day, however I turned up early and was second in the queue for Desk 6 which opened a couple of minutes before 8.30. First guy up transpired to be an overstay who claimed that he had been told by the 90day reporting desk that he was OK. You can imagine how that went down with the Immigration people. I was up next, paperwork checked, money paid and then told I could collect my passport TOMORROW at 10.30am.

There has been a little of turmoil and changes at Jomtien, it's also possible that the officer with immediate signing authority has been replaced or is on leave, so passport have to be brought to someone else that only dedicates a part of his time to that.

No, the usual faces were all on parade this morning, and or was not what I would consider IMHO "busy". Never mind, just posted so others are aware.

That's good to know for some for sure.

Perhaps something has changed there.

Certainly the fact that they recently stopped offering conversions to O visa from 30 day stamp or tourist visa (as first step in retirement process) is a clue about that.

Always same day for me but sometimes it's left for 3 or 4 days,as no need to stress things as i have copy of passport and renewal is done upto 30 days in advance.

Must have been short on staff in august had 3 officers at desk and 1 who seemed to be running back and forth with copies change etc.

Edited by Brit_Doggie