Retirement Visa From London Embassy Office

I have been non-resident with regards to the UK for a long time so do not have a doctor there or any rights to free treatment. However I will be in the UK when I hit 50 and wonder where I should get a medical cert for the retirement visa from? Would one issued in Thailand be valid? The money side of things should not be a problem as I still have a UK bank account and can move funds into it when necessary.

BTW I want to combine getting the retirement visa with a new passport so as to get a clean start as far as immigration/tax goes in Thailand so doing it in the UK would be much neater from my perspective.

Recomend you get a non immigrant O (probably multi-entry valid for 1 year) visa from a consulate, maybe Hull?

Then when you get to Thailand get the retirement part, it is MUCH easier and cheaper.

Recomend you get a non immigrant O (probably multi-entry valid for 1 year) visa from a consulate, maybe Hull?

Then when you get to Thailand get the retirement part, it is MUCH easier and cheaper.

Seconded :o

Yes, trying to get the retirement visa before you arrive here is a very bad idea.

Naka.

Agreed - that's what I did last year. A very easy procedure. The medical is a bit of a joke really. If you're alive - you'll get the certificate. :o

I'm due to renew mine next month.

Alan