Does your wife Facebook pictures of things you buy for her?

oakweb

Got some news the other day that all my wifes postings of the crap I buy her and places I take her, made my mates wife jealous. Anyone have any experien

I would switch wives with my mate every couple of months. That makes it fair to both wives.

T

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

E.g. We went to Rome and Paris, took them out shopping and they posted a pic of the stores they went to. I equate that to tourism post, I don't think that's to far from normal posting for a girl.

If you are talking about your wife posting piccies of you together at restaurants...eating having a good time, then thats nice. If you are talking about her posting piccies of the latest gold necklace in high definition......then, up to you, but that would seem a little crass and shallow to me.

Well if you want to talk about shallow ... "I don't think that's to [sic] far from normal posting for a girl," ... they obviously are made for one another.

Sorry about not sticking to the question, but I has the word 'Facebook' become a verb? To ask "Does your wife Facebook pictures,,,?" is hard for me to accept. I have no problem with people "googling" something as it's clearly an acceptable new verb to mean look for something with the Google search feature, something that millions of people do daily, but I'm going to hope that there isn't an more 'facebooking".

Language is dynamic and is in a constant state of evolution otherwise we'd all be speaking English like something out of Chaucer.

Reading through your little screed I'd say you're not in a great position to judge the English usage of others.

English has changed a bit since Canterbury Tales was written:

This prison caused me nat for to crye,

But I was hurt right now thurgh-out myn ye

Into myn herte, that wol my bane be.

The fairnesse of that lady, that I see

Yond in the gardyn romen to and fro,

Is cause of al my criyng and my wo.

(237-242)

Edited by Suradit69

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I find it ludicrous that thai women have to put up pics of themselves and all their latest "presents" etc so that they look like they are something more than they really are. All it does for me is show how insincere and pathetically minded they are, mind you these are the same women that have to start playing with their faces whenever they see a reflection of it. The real women in Thailand dont need to do this sh*t because they have a bit of class and dont need to show off to anyone, they have standards. Sorry but to me the only women that do this are pretty low class, uneducated with no values what so ever, they are also the ones that will likely dump their farang other half as soon as they find someone with more money (or he spends all his)or are scamming him behind his back, dont even know why men would even associate with this type of female unless it is a similar thing for the guys, "look at my women", hahahaha, what a joke, as they say, you get what you deserve. Strange but I always thought that two people were together for each other, you know, love, not what they can score and use as bragging rights alt=blink.png> .

BURNT!! biggrin.png

The last present I bought my wife is the only one she hasn't posted on-line. But then, she hasn't been able to get it out yet.

france-art.jpg

Look!

A guy who jokes about his partner like this!

What complete &lt;deleted&gt;.

Shows zero respect for her.

Another &lt;deleted&gt; who either proves his parents did a shit job, or just is a complete tool.

I think most Thai women post photos of the "various gifts" they have been given by there farang.But you will almost never see a photo of the farang himself in any of the photos posted on Facebook." The Gifts " are far more important to them.......

(I am delighted that after almost 4 years of living in Thailand that I am still single ....) Goodnight & God bless

F.J x

I'm at the age when men marry trophy wives (in my case anyone breathing is a trophy wife). My wife posts photos of her and I and her friends when we go out. I recently gave her a diamond watch (real diamonds/real watch). It is the most expensive piece of jewelry I have ever given her. I thought she would post a photo of it but no. She keeps in the safe and only wears it on special occasions. My wife is not like all Thai women and you don't know enough women to make a statement most Thai women. All that means is you have known few women and so the few you know assume the importance of a large number. If you have known many women you know they are all different. If you have only known a few they tend to be the same.

When a person first moves to another country all the people look alike; as one becomes familiar with the culture one begins to notice that everyone is an individual. It's like twins. A parent can tell them apart easily but to an outsider they look the same.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

krisb, on 20 Oct 2014 - 12:45, said:
ArfurMaggot, on 20 Oct 2014 - 01:34, said:

The last present I bought my wife is the only one she hasn't posted on-line. But then, she hasn't been able to get it out yet.

france-art.jpg

Look!

What complete <deleted>.

Another <deleted> who either proves his parents did a shit job, or just is a complete tool.

Well, he is only Arfur Maggot...................what do you expect ? whistling.gif

My Mrs doesn't but a lot of her friends do. One girl posts a picture of of a wad of cash every time she gets her salary each month, like all of 10,000 THB, I'm not really sure who she's trying to impress with that one!

Why do so many women post this kind of stuff here? It's just trying to show off right? Who would want to be friends with someone who is constantly trying to make them jealous? I find the whole thing very self centered.

You know before I came to Thailand I had this idea that people here wouldn't really be interested in material things, the Land of Smiles and all that...a smile would be enough...especially since it's a Buddhist country.

How wrong I was. Thai people are by far the most materialistic I have ever met, much more than people from the west. I'm not Thai bashing, just saying it how I see it.

And a big part of this posting pictures of stuff to Facebook is all down to materialism.

• Like 1

Sorry about not sticking to the question, but I has the word 'Facebook' become a verb? To ask "Does your wife Facebook pictures,,,?" is hard for me to accept. I have no problem with people "googling" something as it's clearly an acceptable new verb to mean look for something with the Google search feature, something that millions of people do daily, but I'm going to hope that there isn't an more 'facebooking".

Language is dynamic and is in a constant state of evolution otherwise we'd all be speaking English like something out of Chaucer.

Reading through your little screed I'd say you're not in a great position to judge the English usage of others.

(237-242)

Yes, it does change, and I'm willing to accept "google" as a verb and other logical new vocabulary, so that shoots down the first part of your post. Now, could you please tell me where I've used poor grammar or generally wrong language in my "little screed"? I'm always willing to benefit form someones else's superior uses of English .

My parents have been married for 41 years. My mother got a FB account a few years ago and does this same thing along with her friends and our relatives (in the US and Asia). Maybe it's an Asian thing? (I don't do this myself...whistling.gif)

Edited by llanham72

(237-242)

Yes, it does change, and I'm willing to accept "google" as a verb and other logical new vocabulary, so that shoots down the first part of your post. Now, could you please tell me where I've used poor grammar or generally wrong language in my "little screed"? I'm always willing to benefit form someone else's superior uses of English .

Oh, so yours was just a troll post, was it suradit69? Well, you do whatever makes you feel good or important, even if it exposes you as a fool. Good for you! I'll be looking for your next useless and generally trollish offering.

Edited by waynethor

krisb, on 20 Oct 2014 - 12:45, said:

ArfurMaggot, on 20 Oct 2014 - 01:34, said:

france-art.jpg

Look!

What complete <deleted>.

Another <deleted> who either proves his parents did a shit job, or just is a complete tool.

Well, he is only Arfur Maggot...................what do you expect ? whistling.gif

Not even a full maggot.

Just a halfa.

Can't believe mods let crap like this run!

well, my gf does post those kind of pics too.

I buy her stuff sometimes, I bring her to nice restaurant too sometimes and she will take a picture of it.

On the other hand she has a good job and she could afford this stuff by herself. She is just happy to post those picture, I personally don't really like people taking picture of their new stuff or food to post it on fb, but now I just don't care.

Her friends are all doing the same...maybe this is just a different culture, but most of my friend (mostly girls) who are foreigners on fb, do the same shit.

My Mrs doesn't but a lot of her friends do. One girl posts a picture of of a wad of cash every time she gets her salary each month, like all of 10,000 THB, I'm not really sure who she's trying to impress with that one!

Why do so many women post this kind of stuff here? It's just trying to show off right? Who would want to be friends with someone who is constantly trying to make them jealous? I find the whole thing very self centered.

You know before I came to Thailand I had this idea that people here wouldn't really be interested in material things, the Land of Smiles and all that...a smile would be enough...especially since it's a Buddhist country.

How wrong I was. Thai people are by far the most materialistic I have ever met, much more than people from the west. I'm not Thai bashing, just saying it how I see it.

And a big part of this posting pictures of stuff to Facebook is all down to materialism.

I totally agree with you! I have lived in Thailand for 4 years and have never had a Thai GF ( I have never really been interested) Most ( not all ) are very materialistic which I find is a massive turn off especially as I am a man who likes to live a simple life who walks a lot or rides about on an old bicycle worth about 500 baht. Although I am a very friendly & sociable person it would be very difficult to meet a nice down to earth lady here in Thailand......F.J x

I am a wife n no...i don't post stuff that my partner bought for me. I post more about how a good father my husand is, about political stuff, news or my baby pict ( which i deleted it away after afew minutes i posted it). Ah...also about my opinions which often times my friends found it cynical. ?

Long before i got married n was in a relationship with my One FC referee all i posted were his muscular n tattooed arms. Lol

I am Indonesian n just like in Thailand there are so many Indonesians who love to post nonsense stuff. ?

Edited by Escarlett

I totally agree with you! I have lived in Thailand for 4 years and have never had a Thai GF ( I have never really been interested) Most ( not all ) are very materialistic which I find is a massive turn off especially as I am a man who likes to live a simple life who walks a lot or rides about on an old bicycle worth about 500 baht. Although I am a very friendly & sociable person it would be very difficult to meet a nice down to earth lady here in Thailand......F.J x

How many gf's have you had in any country? Forgive me but like they say in the USA and UK no money no honey.

Inverted snobbery is tiresome especially when as little as 40 years ago before massive

credit explosions in the west, women in our 'so above-it-all-now' societies

were doing exactly the same thing over fur coats and French perfumes .

How many gf's have you had in any country? Forgive me but like they say in the USA and UK no money no honey.

Those KFC ice creams are a closer every time.

I have had very few GF's in 50 years (out of choice) But 100's of conquests may I add...(kind respect where due ladies) " I have never paid for sex.( and because I live in Thailand I can still get it for free from " time to time " like most farang living here! but I always play the "poor farang " card as it shows who the genuine ladies really are........F.J x

No!

My Thai Laughs at that and calls people who do that foolish and shameful.

I agree with her.

Tell your wife that she is not fooling or impressing anyone by posting stuff like that and this Old Chinese Proverb.

"He that boast a lot is like Potato Plant......as best part hidden underground".

I think most Thai women post photos of the "various gifts" they have been given by there farang.But you will almost never see a photo of the farang himself in any of the photos posted on Facebook." The Gifts " are far more important to them.......
(I am delighted that after almost 4 years of living in Thailand that I am still single ....) Goodnight & God bless
F.J x

I'm at the age when men marry trophy wives (in my case anyone breathing is a trophy wife). My wife posts photos of her and I and her friends when we go out. I recently gave her a diamond watch (real diamonds/real watch). It is the most expensive piece of jewelry I have ever given her. I thought she would post a photo of it but no. She keeps in the safe and only wears it on special occasions. My wife is not like all Thai women and you don't know enough women to make a statement most Thai women. All that means is you have known few women and so the few you know assume the importance of a large number. If you have known many women you know they are all different. If you have only known a few they tend to be the same.

When a person first moves to another country all the people look alike; as one becomes familiar with the culture one begins to notice that everyone is an individual. It's like twins. A parent can tell them apart easily but to an outsider they look the same.

Well... I am at the age that if I can keep any wife for 10 years, she is a trophy.