Manchester City

mrbojangles

today i am supporting MAN City. just dont want MANU win.

So you want to be a LOSER AGAIN !!!! as they say in Thailand "UP TO YOU " :D

Man Utd 2 - 0 win for me :D however there again my predictions not so good this week :)

BT

Man Utd 2 - 0 win for me :Dhowever there again my predictions not so good this week :)

BT

Lets hope thats the case as im wanting ManU to need points V Hull on the last game, fat fcuken chance though.

Hope you guys enjoyed the Utd training session today 2-0 :D told ya so.

That Trophy will be ours next Saturday at O/T against Arsenal :D

I can see all the :D scousers now i'm lovin it :D:)

Please now :D for the champions.

Man Utd 2 - 0 win for me :Dhowever there again my predictions not so good this week :D

BT

Lets hope thats the case as im wanting ManU to need points V Hull on the last game, fat fcuken chance though.

Well a great result that helps my prediction score :D So now nearly :):D

Sorry Mr Bo :D PS Why are you not now predicting ??? :D

BT :P

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry Mr Bo :) PS Why are you not now predicting ??? :D

Laptop blew up and my company one has some sort of blocker on it that doesn't allow access to various sites, including ones with the word "forum" in it. By the time i had got my laptop back, i'd missed too many weeks.

From the City website:-

You're heart and soul, Khaldoon tells fans

CHAIRMAN Khaldoon Al Mubarak has told City fans - "the heart and soul of the club" - that they can look forward to enjoying the good times they deserve for their staunch support through the lean years.

The Blues supremo was moved and thrilled by the electric atmosphere at the UEFA Cup quarter-final home leg against Hamburg last month and is keen to bring European football back as soon as possible.

Khaldoon said: "The fans are the heart and soul of this club - we have some great fans, that's one of the gems at this club and one of the things that I have found most satisfying.

"They have stuck with the club through hard times and good times. There have been hard times this year and I appreciated their support. It will be rewarded in the years to come.

"I'll never forget the Hamburg game, that was an incredible showing by our fans. We gave our hearts out to the players that night. It leaves a hunger to go back. We want that again, and I think we'll get it."

The Chairman admits he is already "very excited" about next season - and happy to get this one over with, even though each promise made to the supporters last September has been fulfilled.

He said: "I always knew this was going to be a difficult season, there were no illusions in my mind. It was even more difficult than I had anticipated, but I never thought it was going to be a walk in the park.

"There were high expectations but the reality is that this was a club that was eighth in the table. I'm proud because it was very clear in my mind what needed to be done, and we've done it.

"We said we would have a first season of learning and building on and off the field, and that is what we have done. We said we would build a club for the future, and we have done that.

"We said we would build and invest in the management side of the company, and we have done that, and we said we would stick with the manager, and we have done that too.

"We also said we were going to bring in as much quality as we could on the playing side in January, and we did that with Shay Given, Wayne Bridge, Nigel de Jong and Craig Bellamy."

Also from the City website:-

Top six our goal next season, says Chairman

MARK HUGHES has been given a top-six target for next season by Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak as the club prepares for the next step in the challenge to join the Barclays Premier League elite.

With this season's final match against Bolton still to come, manager Hughes and Chief Executive Garry Cook have already sat down with the Blues supremo to discuss their shared ambitions to finish the 2009-10 campaign with a ticket back to Europe.

UEFA Cup quarter-finalists City can still finish ninth on Sunday after missing out on an instant return to Europe with the 2-1 defeat at Spurs, and the Chairman said: "I think a reasonable target next season is the top six.

"I think people see me as a reasonable and realistic man, and I think given what we have done this year and the ambitions we have this summer, a top-six finish next year should be a reasonable and achievable target.

"There will be money for new players this off-season. The areas in which the team needs us to invest are clear. We need more depth and to fill the weaker areas within the squad and plans are already advanced.

"I have been talking to Garry and Mark for weeks now. We are pretty clear on what we want, and I am clear on what Mark has identified as the areas that need to be supported, and we will step up.

"We all know we are not going to splash money around, because that model, that formula, doesn't work. You're not going to buy 22 new players and then the next year you win the Premier League.

"It needs to be done sustainably, with quality management, quality infra-structure and a quality manager by the pitch. That's what we are doing. The players will come, and the results will come."

But while Hughes will sign "more quality players" this summer, Khaldoon stressed that the Academy, which has produced stars such as Stevie Ireland and Nedum Onuoha, has a major role to play in the future.

He said: "We will not forget the Academy. It is key to our discussions. We have to be able to create that nice balance between a quality, strong first team with depth but at the same time retain the ability to bring in young, talented individuals.

"We have all seen what they (Ireland and Onuoha) have done since geting in the side. They have had fantastic seasons and there are more within the Academy. We need a good platform to bring the young lads into the team.

"Garry has done a wonderful job bringing in some incredible talent that will help take us forward. We have grown a lot as a team, and Mark has grown too. The foundations are in place for a very strong second season."

Also from the City website:-

Top six our goal next season, says Chairman

MARK HUGHES has been given a top-six target for next season by Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak as the club prepares for the next step in the challenge to join the Barclays Premier League elite.

With this season's final match against Bolton still to come, manager Hughes and Chief Executive Garry Cook have already sat down with the Blues supremo to discuss their shared ambitions to finish the 2009-10 campaign with a ticket back to Europe.

UEFA Cup quarter-finalists City can still finish ninth on Sunday after missing out on an instant return to Europe with the 2-1 defeat at Spurs, and the Chairman said: "I think a reasonable target next season is the top six.

"I think people see me as a reasonable and realistic man, and I think given what we have done this year and the ambitions we have this summer, a top-six finish next year should be a reasonable and achievable target.

"There will be money for new players this off-season. The areas in which the team needs us to invest are clear. We need more depth and to fill the weaker areas within the squad and plans are already advanced.

"I have been talking to Garry and Mark for weeks now. We are pretty clear on what we want, and I am clear on what Mark has identified as the areas that need to be supported, and we will step up.

"We all know we are not going to splash money around, because that model, that formula, doesn't work. You're not going to buy 22 new players and then the next year you win the Premier League.

"It needs to be done sustainably, with quality management, quality infra-structure and a quality manager by the pitch. That's what we are doing. The players will come, and the results will come."

But while Hughes will sign "more quality players" this summer, Khaldoon stressed that the Academy, which has produced stars such as Stevie Ireland and Nedum Onuoha, has a major role to play in the future.

He said: "We will not forget the Academy. It is key to our discussions. We have to be able to create that nice balance between a quality, strong first team with depth but at the same time retain the ability to bring in young, talented individuals.

"We have all seen what they (Ireland and Onuoha) have done since geting in the side. They have had fantastic seasons and there are more within the Academy. We need a good platform to bring the young lads into the team.

"Garry has done a wonderful job bringing in some incredible talent that will help take us forward. We have grown a lot as a team, and Mark has grown too. The foundations are in place for a very strong second season."

Makes a lot of sense.

Hes not doing a Thaksin, expecting titles within a year. :)

Although I am not convinced about Hughes, I think that with his payroll in the summer and no interference, he should get City into the top 6.

I would be quite happy to give Hughes a full season to prove himself, and provided he does that, then we are making progress :D

Makes a lot of sense.

Hes not doing a Thaksin, expecting titles within a year. :)

Although I am not convinced about Hughes, I think that with his payroll in the summer and no interference, he should get City into the top 6.

I would be quite happy to give Hughes a full season to prove himself, and provided he does that, then we are making progress :D

Yeah Mubarak seems a switched on cookie and quite loyal. But I am also not convinced about Hughes and I really don't want to give him another year. I'm getting too old to wait much longer for silverware :D

Good news for all IMO. One of the best examples of talent through our academy. :)

From the City web site:-

I never want to leave, says new-deal Stevie

STEVIE IRELAND has signed a new five-year contract for the Blues - and insisted there is no reason why he should not spend the rest of his career at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Midfield maestro Ireland, deservedly voted Player of the Year by City fans last week after a tremendous campaign, has set his sights on a title challenge next season ... and a key role in the club's bright future.

After putting pen to paper on his new deal today, witnessed by (left to right) Football Administration Officer Brian Marwood, the player's adviser Paul Masterton, and General Secretary Bernard Halford, he admitted: "It was something that I've been worrying about for a few months but now it's done I can enjoy the summer.

"I never had any doubts about staying. Regardless, I was going to be here, and hopefully for the remainder of my career. I don't see why not. I really want to become a hero here, to hopefully achieve things.

"I'm settled here - I love the club, I love the fans, and I don't see what's going to make me leave this club.

"These are very exciting times. It's going to be interesting just to see what the line-up will be at the start of next season and how far we can push on. Hopefully we can compete for the title and get back into Europe."

Ireland justified his "Superman" nickname this season to earn plaudits from team-mates and manager Mark Hughes after putting himself through a rigorous summer fitness training programme before pre-season.

He added: "I've always trusted my ability, but it's only this season I've come out of my shell. I worked hard last summer to try and reach the targets I set myself. I reached some, the others are something to aim at next season.

"But I never take my place for granted. I don't think I ever would, I don't like to take my foot off the gas."

Commenting on Stephen's new deal, City Manager Mark Hughes told us, “Stephen’s new contract is great news for everyone concerned. He was outstanding all last season and is now one of the best midfielders in the Premier League. He thoroughly deserves all the praise that has gone his way after the hard work that he undertook last summer, and I know that he is already aiming to do even better for us next season and beyond”.

Good news for all IMO. One of the best examples of talent through our academy. :)

STEVIE IRELAND has signed a new five-year contract for the Blues - and insisted there is no reason why he should not spend the rest of his career at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Midfield maestro Ireland, deservedly voted Player of the Year by City fans last week after a tremendous campaign, has set his sights on a title challenge next season ... and a key role in the club's bright future.

After putting pen to paper on his new deal today, witnessed by (left to right) Football Administration Officer Brian Marwood, the player's adviser Paul Masterton, and General Secretary Bernard Halford, he admitted: "It was something that I've been worrying about for a few months but now it's done I can enjoy the summer.

"I never had any doubts about staying. Regardless, I was going to be here, and hopefully for the remainder of my career. I don't see why not. I really want to become a hero here, to hopefully achieve things.

"I'm settled here - I love the club, I love the fans, and I don't see what's going to make me leave this club.

"These are very exciting times. It's going to be interesting just to see what the line-up will be at the start of next season and how far we can push on. Hopefully we can compete for the title and get back into Europe."

Ireland justified his "Superman" nickname this season to earn plaudits from team-mates and manager Mark Hughes after putting himself through a rigorous summer fitness training programme before pre-season.

He added: "I've always trusted my ability, but it's only this season I've come out of my shell. I worked hard last summer to try and reach the targets I set myself. I reached some, the others are something to aim at next season.

"But I never take my place for granted. I don't think I ever would, I don't like to take my foot off the gas."

Commenting on Stephen's new deal, City Manager Mark Hughes told us, “Stephen’s new contract is great news for everyone concerned. He was outstanding all last season and is now one of the best midfielders in the Premier League. He thoroughly deserves all the praise that has gone his way after the hard work that he undertook last summer, and I know that he is already aiming to do even better for us next season and beyond”.

This is fantastic news!!!!!

I do not believe I have seen a City player improve so much in the space of 1 year.. :D

I do not believe I have seen a City player improve so much in the space of 1 year.. :D

Absoluetly jack. As for Sturridge, well, that arrogant pr1ck is a totally different situation. Hope he gets binned and never sees a football pitch again :)

I'm a big fan of Ireland, a fantastic player. Some of his long goals were brilliant.

He has become an important / integral player in the team. He's had his problems but hopefully he's now outgrown them.

Will be interesting to see who you get in the summer.

Interesting times indeed. However, with Portsmouth's new found wealth, the limelight could be taken off us now :)

Absoluetly jack. As for Sturridge, well, that arrogant pr1ck is a totally different situation. Hope he gets binned and never sees a football pitch again :D

Its a shame.

Totally gifted player, who got too big for his boots.

Similar situation a few years ago with Dickson Etuhu. Now he is on the peripherals of the Fulham team :) , instead of being the world beater his advisors thought he was going to be.

Commenting on Stephen's new deal, City Manager Mark Hughes told us, "Stephen's new contract is great news for everyone concerned. He was outstanding all last season and is now one of the best midfielders in the Premier League. He thoroughly deserves all the praise that has gone his way after the hard work that he undertook last summer, and I know that he is already aiming to do even better for us next season and beyond".

Do you really believe that Stephen Ireland will help Man City acheive what the Arabs want them to acheive IE CL Football & actually competing to win it ??

Or have you still got me blocked J&D in which case you can't read what i'm saying anyway & in which case, i can say poo, bums willies to you & you'll never know ?? :D

Do you really believe that Stephen Ireland will help Man City acheive what the Arabs want them to acheive IE CL Football & actually competing to win it ??

Yep and he isn't the finished article. If you don't believe that he can help the team, I suggest next season you watch him more closely. :)

Yep and he isn't the finished article. If you don't believe that he can help the team, I suggest next season you watch him more closely. :)

I will have more of a detailed look next Year & will cast the eye on him a lot more than i did this Year but i'm not convinced he's put of the ultimate big Picture that the Arabs have & they're smart enough to know that having him on a good Contract, like he's been given, will maximise his value when he isn't considered part of their Plans, in one or 2 Years time.. :D

But i do like Ireland, just don't think he's good enough at the very, very top level, which even you can't argue, is where Man City want to be in the coming Years..

I will have more of a detailed look next Year & will cast the eye on him a lot more than i did this Year but i'm not convinced he's put of the ultimate big Picture that the Arabs have & they're smart enough to know that having him on a good Contract, like he's been given, will maximise his value when he isn't considered part of their Plans, in one or 2 Years time.. :D

But i do like Ireland, just don't think he's good enough at the very, very top level, which even you can't argue, is where Man City want to be in the coming Years..

Well, Singer, I want to be multi millionaire - that too isnt gonna happen.

Well, Singer, I want to be multi millionaire - that too isnt gonna happen.

Start using Turkish Lira then Jimbo... :D

I can't argue with you that Man City want to be at the very, very top. But I also believe that Ireland has the potential to be at the very, very top.

I can't argue with you that Man City want to be at the very, very top. But I also believe that Ireland has the potential to be at the very, very top.

I'd like him to to be honest as i like Ireland & i will, as per usual, be holding my hands if i'm worng which i'd like to be in this case.. :)

I'd like him to to be honest as i like Ireland & i will, as per usual, be holding my hands if i'm worng which i'd like to be in this case.. :D

Fairy fluff then :)

seems Barry has signed for something in the neighborhood of 100-130 k a week. guess he didn't want to go to LP afterall.

So much for " I will only leave Villa for Champions League football" :) According to reports in The Sun this morning Teves will be a city player before the end of the week.

seems Barry has signed for something in the neighborhood of 100-130 k a week. guess he didn't want to go to LP afterall.

So much for " I will only leave Villa for Champions League football" :) According to reports in The Sun this morning Teves will be a city player before the end of the week.

Money Talks in the World of Profeesional Footballers TM & when they say CL it only means a Team who have got access to CL Bonuses in which City can offer anyway..

Tevez is God & will end up with Kinkladze esque Legendary status, trust me...... :D

I'm very happy about Barry, excellent addition.

As for Tevez. Although he is a good player, I really don't know where he'll fit in. We have a bunch of short arse5 as is it, we need someone with a bit height. But hey, what do I know. :)

I'm very happy about Barry, excellent addition.

As for Tevez. Although he is a good player, I really don't know where he'll fit in. We have a bunch of short arse5 as is it, we need someone with a bit height. But hey, what do I know. :)

The one thing I can say about Mr Tevez, is unlike some of your other short fast guys (one comes to mind), he is none stop effort.

My beloved Wolves have our own poor arab, in Mr Morgan ( from the well known Islamic Republic of Liverpool ).

Question to you city boys................Do you really enjoy the money that much that you don't have in the quiet moments, just a hint of regret that you have sold your soul to the Middle East ? ( Can't say I'm all that happy we've sold ours to the NW of bloody england ).