Manchester City

mrbojangles

Admit it mrboj....Manchester airport is a fekking disgrace....almost worse than Heathrow. rolleyes.gif

I haven't been through there for about 3 years smokes. When I do get forced to go back to the UK on business, the flight options from Riyadh are better going to Heathrow and then I get a car as I'm usually flirting all around the country..

Yer a jammy dodger mrboj but I'll let yer go this time....rolleyes.gif

Admit it mrboj....Manchester airport is a fekking disgrace....almost worse than Heathrow. rolleyes.gif

I haven't been through there for about 3 years smokes. When I do get forced to go back to the UK on business, the flight options from Riyadh are better going to Heathrow and then I get a car as I'm usually flirting all around the country..

Does the missus know about your flirting?

• Like 1

Pellegrini confirms a verbal commitment to City. I doubt he'll give a shit which airport he flies into. coffee1.gif

Lear jet, private airfield, limo pick upwink.png

Pellegrini confirms a verbal commitment to City. I doubt he'll give a shit which airport he flies into. coffee1.gif

Lear jet, private airfield, limo pick upwink.png

Ah yes, I keep forgetting how the 1% live.biggrin.png

Does the missus know about your flirting?

Absolutely not tongue.png

I flew to Heathrow May 2011, and Manchester in Jan 2012.

Both times I was in a Business class lounge on my return flight. Heathrow Business class lounges were horrible..

Both flights were with Quatar Airways

Manchester has improved hugely from the 90's.

Heathrow is a concrete sack of sh!t.

No bias here, but you simply cannot compare Heathrow with Manchester.

There really is no comparison.

Both times I was in a Business class lounge on my return flight. Heathrow Business class lounges were horrible..

Presumably not terminal 5?

I thought i was in the travel forum for a minute....then i read "verbal contract"and knew i was in the city thread.

Exeter has an international airport yer know and you can get cream teas and at a push a Cornish pasty.smile.png

Presumably not terminal 5?

No clue, mate. Wherever I was, it was a pure sh!t hole.

I thought i was in the travel forum for a minute....

I know, I hate the closed season. We need some juicy gossip to get our teeth into.

Patience Mr.B, Jesus is coming.

JESUS NAVAS has edged closer to joining Manchester City, with his club Sevilla accepting he will move this summer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4952200/Jesus-Navas-nears-25m-move-from-Sevilla-to-Man-City.html

So Navas appears to be a sure thing (assuming he doesn't have an anxiety attack and bolt back to Espana), and possibly Fernandinho as well. Some big changes in store for City's midfield. Death knell for Nasri ? Barry sliding out as well ? Milner ? I would hope there might be a place for Milner, but we'll see.

So Navas appears to be a sure thing (assuming he doesn't have an anxiety attack and bolt back to Espana), and possibly Fernandinho as well. Some big changes in store for City's midfield. Death knell for Nasri ? Barry sliding out as well ? Milner ? I would hope there might be a place for Milner, but we'll see.

Barry and Nasri are definately gonners IMO. Barry has had his day but is a bit of a slug nowadays. Nasri quite simply hasn't shown us what he can do. Or even worse, he has shown us!!

Milner is a work horse and has a good footballing mind but is he the right kind of player to fit into Pellegrini's style?

I also would like to see Kolarov go and with Nastasic proving his ability, I would imagine Lescott is surplus to requirements.

On another note, the fact that we have got about 4 (I think) players off our books i.e. Santa Cruz, Bridge, gives us some extra dosh to spend.

Barry and Nasri are definately gonners IMO. Barry has had his day but is a bit of a slug nowadays. Nasri quite simply hasn't shown us what he can do. Or even worse, he has shown us!!

Milner is a work horse and has a good footballing mind but is he the right kind of player to fit into Pellegrini's style?

I also would like to see Kolarov go and with Nastasic proving his ability, I would imagine Lescott is surplus to requirements.

On another note, the fact that we have got about 4 (I think) players off our books i.e. Santa Cruz, Bridge, gives us some extra dosh to spend.

Not so sure getting rid of Nasri is a good idea mate. He clearly had issues with Mancini and a new manager might see a return of the player we used to know. i'd stick with him.

I agree with you regarding Barry and Nasri. I don't know what issues Nasri might have had with Mancini, but it seemed that he decided not to turn up most of the time and that much he owes the fans who help pay his salary. That attitude alone means he's a goner in my book. I've always liked Milner's work ethic but as you ask, will he fit into Pellinguini's style? Who knows, what exactly is his style at City? It will be interesting to see.

I have this feeling that City will make a really big and unexpected signing before the season starts, one that no-one saw coming. One that will send shivers throughout Old Trafford. biggrin.png

You talk about 'preferred style' if i were you i'de be quietly happy when a managers first buy is a flying

winger 4 me shows good intent.

Oh and as for getting rid of Nasri, not sure thats a good idea from what

i saw of your end of the season he started to show what he did at the arse wipes could well be a big

season from him.

Edited by rijit

Some differing views on Nasri there. To me, he's been lazy when given plenty of opportunities and a true professional wouldn't let whatever problems he had with the Manager get in the way of performing on the pitch. And another thing that craws at me to this day is the way he ducked away from his position in the wall that resulted in a goal.

Some differing views on Nasri there. To me, he's been lazy when given plenty of opportunities and a true professional wouldn't let whatever problems he had with the Manager get in the way of performing on the pitch. And another thing that craws at me to this day is the way he ducked away from his position in the wall that resulted in a goal.

What about this huge signing jinglejangles?

You're desperate for it.....even more than your American pal....come on....admit it!! biggrin.png

You're desperate for it.....even more than your American pal....come on....admit it!! biggrin.png

2 b fair smokes they've supposedly, just done 50 ish? mil on 2 signings in what 3/4 days, lets just hope the new manager wants them both

w00t.gif

I've always liked Milner's work ethic but as you ask, will he fit into Pellinguini's style? Who knows, what exactly is his style at City? It will be interesting to see.

If you ask someone what they think of a player, and they reply with, "he's got a good work ethic", that's a bit like asking someone what they think of a girl, and them replying with, "she's got a lovely personality".

Milner always used to have a bit of dynamism and flair to his play when going forward, that could lead to goals, but that aspect of his game seems to have completely gone. And as far as working hard is concerned, yes he does work, but i think playing amongst a bunch of lazy mercenaries, helps to accentuate that part of his game.

I've always liked Milner's work ethic but as you ask, will he fit into Pellinguini's style? Who knows, what exactly is his style at City? It will be interesting to see.

If you ask someone what they think of a player, and they reply with, "he's got a good work ethic", that's a bit like asking someone what they think of a girl, and them replying with, "she's got a lovely personality".

Milner always used to have a bit of dynamism and flair to his play when going forward, that could lead to goals, but that aspect of his game seems to have completely gone. And as far as working hard is concerned, yes he does work, but i think playing amongst a bunch of lazy mercenaries, helps to accentuate that part of his game.

I know others disagree but i think Milner is a very hard working pro with a very average level of talent, and i certainly don't know where the opinion he has a "good football brain" comes from. He certainly knows how to run with his head down and find the corner flag

I must admit smokes that I'm very excited at what I'm seeing at the moment. These look like top drawer signings and the main thing is we are moving in on them early this year, instead of lastminute.com.

2 b fair smokes they've supposedly, just done 50 ish? mil on 2 signings in what 3/4 days, lets just hope the new manager wants them both

w00t.gif

We aren't run by Abramovich rijit. Although the new manager hasn't yet been rubber stamped, these targets will have been discussed between him and the club.

I must admit smokes that I'm very excited at what I'm seeing at the moment. These look like top drawer signings and the main thing is we are moving in on them early this year, instead of lastminute.com.

I still think there's a real biggie to come. The way players are being snapped up there won't be much choice for other teams soon........oh I forgot, Nasri, Dzeko, Barry & Sinclair will be available. biggrin.png

I've got the valium ready in case we sign a striker....or anyone over £10m. w00t.gif

• Like 1

Pining for a lethal striker ! I admit it !biggrin.png A partner for Aguero who ain't a big stiff from Bosnia.thumbsup.gif

Pining for a lethal striker ! I admit it !biggrin.png A partner for Aguero who ain't a big stiff from Bosnia.thumbsup.gif

Oh pleeeease!!! Now City fans are pining for a new striker because what they have ain't good enoughwhistling.gif

try looking at life from the perspective of about sixteen other clubs in the league who would be utterly overjoyed to have a striker of Dzeko's abilityrolleyes.gif

You're starting to sound like Chelsea fans. Please don't go there! How many more millions do you need to spend to earn your hollow victories over skint clubs with transfer budgets similar to your players weekend spending moneysick.gif

Oh pleeeease!!! Now City fans are pining for a new striker because what they have ain't good enoughwhistling.gif

try looking at life from the perspective of about sixteen other clubs in the league who would be utterly overjoyed to have a striker of Dzeko's abilityrolleyes.gif

You're starting to sound like Chelsea fans. Please don't go there! How many more millions do you need to spend to earn your hollow victories over skint clubs with transfer budgets similar to your players weekend spending moneysick.gif

As many millions as it takes Carmine.tongue.png I'm sure Dzeko would be delighted to suit up for Spurs. Put in a call to Levy. Spurs could do a lot worse...and have !thumbsup.gif

we can't because clubs like yours lifted the bar on salaries to such an obscene levels no one else can afford to even pay the salaries of your cast offs.

That, my friend is possibly your biggest crime against the football worldbiggrin.png

Edited by carmine