Celebrity nabbed in Bangkok police raid on drug-fueled gay bar

webfact

BREAKING - New 'ageist' pricing policy rears it's ugly head in Thailand.

Out with the old and in with the new (pun intended). Gone are the days of good old 'farang' dual prices in Thailand. We now have a new pricing policy that charges more for older people. That's fine for Thais as they all look 21 anyway, but for the expat community of Thailand it will hit them hard. The Thais ability to judge a westerners age is uncanny all are over 25!

""The bar charges 1,000 baht as entry fee, but college students under 23 years old only pay 70 baht for entry," Pol.Col. Saktawee said, adding that on certain nights of the week all of the party-goers are required by bar rules to wear underpants only."

What is "Pom" famous for on the internet?

His Romanized name doesn't google well. coffee1.gif

You're not Australian are you? Neither am I but I know what a pom refers to.

Pom or Pommie is a derogatory term (to my limited knowledge) used by an Aussie when referring to British folks. I have no idea where it originated.

Us "Yanks" call them Limeys, as at the height of the British Empire, they figured out that scurvy was best treated/prevented with a dose of lime juice every day as it was caused by a lack of Vitamin C (mainly) to the sailors in their fleet that pretty much was bad-ass in their day.

I bet that lime juice went pretty good with a tot of rum smile.png .

I wonder what Limeys call Aussies???

It's all vernacular Brother/Mate/Dude/Amigo. Wikipedia.org is your friend.

==============

Back on topic, if I were raiding a gay bar and demanding urine samples, I'd be wearing rubber gloves. Hell, I'd be wearing a full HAZMAT suit!

Then again the BiB don't even do that with murder investigations (Koh Tao). Curious how one can refuse a DNA test in a murder investigation, but must pee in a cup if they decide they want you to.

Missed it by that much ...

Jingthing was after a URL for more info on POM.

Sorry I can't help, my interweb Google can't find him either.

That is correct.

I was after the dish about Sitthipong "Pom" Jiracharoenwong.

I was certainly aware of the Aussie meaning of Pommie.

Even us septics know that, innit?

• Like 1

What is "Pom" famous for on the internet?

His Romanized name doesn't google well. coffee1.gif

You're not Australian are you? Neither am I but I know what a pom refers to.

Pom or Pommie is a derogatory term (to my limited knowledge) used by an Aussie when referring to British folks. I have no idea where it originated.

Us "Yanks" call them Limeys, as at the height of the British Empire, they figured out that scurvy was best treated/prevented with a dose of lime juice every day as it was caused by a lack of Vitamin C (mainly) to the sailors in their fleet that pretty much was bad-ass in their day.

I bet that lime juice went pretty good with a tot of rum smile.png .

I wonder what Limeys call Aussies???

It's all vernacular Brother/Mate/Dude/Amigo. Wikipedia.org is your friend.

==============

Back on topic, if I were raiding a gay bar and demanding urine samples, I'd be wearing rubber gloves. Hell, I'd be wearing a full HAZMAT suit!

Then again the BiB don't even do that with murder investigations (Koh Tao). Curious how one can refuse a DNA test in a murder investigation, but must pee in a cup if they decide they want you to.

We call them Aussies, well most of the time, sometimes it's followed by more descriptive language,

BREAKING - New 'ageist' pricing policy rears it's ugly head in Thailand.

Out with the old and in with the new (pun intended). Gone are the days of good old 'farang' dual prices in Thailand. We now have a new pricing policy that charges more for older people. That's fine for Thais as they all look 21 anyway, but for the expat community of Thailand it will hit them hard. The Thais ability to judge a westerners age is uncanny all are over 25!

""The bar charges 1,000 baht as entry fee, but college students under 23 years old only pay 70 baht for entry," Pol.Col. Saktawee said, adding that on certain nights of the week all of the party-goers are required by bar rules to wear underpants only."

Collect a clue. It's to attract the twinks. I assure you westerner twinks would be charged full freight though.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Eighty men cavorting on the roof of the building, wearing only underpants? Little wonder the neighbours complained. Mind you, Thais can be overly sensitive about such things as I recall going onto my balcony once in underwear and hearing a muffled scream from a neigbouring condo.