Bangkok Airport To Koh Samet?

Jello

Hello,

I would like to know how or where I can hire some kind of taxi to take me from Bangkok airport to Koh Samet? I need to get to the Saikaew Beach Resort. If anyone has info, can you also tell me how much it costs? I dont want to take a bus, just want a private car.

All replies greatly appretiated!

Jell-O

the only thing you can do is get a taxi when you come out of the airport.

don,t bother with all the touts who will jump on you when you arrive.

agree a price first, ypu need to go to bang phe which is about 10 minutes on from rayong, (just over an hour from pattaya)

i'm not sure how much, pattaya is normally about 1800 baht so between 2500 and 3000 bht would be ok.

when you get to bang phe you take the koh samet ferry for under 100 bht

good luck

pattaya is normally about 1800 baht so between 2500 and 3000 bht would be ok.

Did you add a one by mistake? Normal price for trip from Don Muang to Pattaya is in the 800-1200 baht range so would bargain in the 1,500 baht range myself.

Don't leave it to chance, book it;

Khrongfa Pattaya Centre Tours & Transport

[email protected]

They will have someone wait at the airport for you, holding a board with your name. Their fare to Pattaya is 1000 baht plus tolls, so 2000 baht is a rough estimate for Ban Phe/Koh Samet. They should give you a fixed quote by email.

A little more upmarket is Image Limo; http://www.imagelimo.com/

Figure on around 4000 baht...

Thanks for all the info! I tired contacting Khrongfa Pattaya Centre Tours & Transport by e-mail but it seems its an invalid address - anyone else know?

Imagelimo is definitely too expensive for me....!

it seems its an invalid address

I suspect it should end with "co.th" rather than "c.th".

You should not have any problem finding transport among the taxi drivers on hand if you can not make reservations.

Thanks for all the info! I tired contacting Khrongfa Pattaya Centre Tours & Transport by e-mail but it seems its an invalid address - anyone else know?

Imagelimo is definitely too expensive for me....!

Yes, I did leave the 'o' out. I've put it right.

I've had a couple of positive reports about Khrongfa, with no negative ones yet.

[email protected]

Booking will save you the hassle of having to negotiate with taxi drivers...especially after a long flight.

Hi Jello

A taxi to Ban Phe normally costs me 1200 baht - that's from my home. From the airport I was once quoted 1800 baht. Once in Ban Phe you can either get a ferry (from one of the three piers - all near each other) to Samet - a one way ferry trip costs 50 baht. You can also get a speed boat from one of the many operators - this can cost you anywhere from 800 baht and up, depending on the amount of people. The good thing about the speed boat is that it will drop you on Hat Sai Kaew, instead of at the pier (like the ferry) where you would either have to walk or get a taxi (a truck :D ). Hope you have a nice time :o