Unidentified farang drowns at Pattaya beach

webfact

Unidentified farang drowns at Pattaya beach

PATTAYA: -- An unidentified western man was found drowned off the Pattaya Beach at 2:30 am Tuesday. The man appeared to be about 55 to 60 years old, police said. Both of his wrists suffered cuts.

Police said a Thai man, Athidet Sanamthong, 19, spotted the body about 30 metres off the beach while he was fishing so he reel it in.

Witnesses told police the man was seen drinking beer and walking around the beach before walking into the sea.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Unidentified-farang-downs-at-Pattaya-beach-30245919.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-21

"Athidet Sanamthong, 19, spotted the body about 30 metres off the beach while he was fishing so he reel it in"

I take it the literal interpretation of this is not correct.

I take it the only plausible interpretation of this must be what it means.

• Like 2

Find it quite disturbing that the headline reads "farang"... sounds like "unidentified piece of trash drows..."

Would it be too much to ask that at least the media that has a foreign, non-Thai background could refer to us kindly as "foreigners" please?

1zgarz5.gif

RIP to the victim and condolences to family and friends by the way...

I agree, it almost sounds callous. The next line does say 'western man'.

It sounds tragic and sad.

Find it quite disturbing that the headline reads "farang"... sounds like "unidentified piece of trash drows..."

Would it be too much to ask that at least the media that has a foreign, non-Thai background could refer to us kindly as "foreigners" please?

1zgarz5.gif

Yes, he was only a Farang.

1zgarz5.gif

According to the Thai law we're "aliens".

Somehow I'll rather stick to "farang" coffee1.gif