Redshirt core member sentenced one year in prison

webfact

Wow,serious posts and we can't even votesmile.png Third world country and will be for quite some time.

Democracy is over rated and not suitable system for everyone.Even the BIGGEST of em all have problems arranging fair elections and has to adjust the results for dumb masses. And Russia, real working democracy would create a chaos.

People have been lead by strong men and a lady for centuries. They could not handle free society.

Pushing democracy every where is creating more problems. In this campaign Americans have lost probably most. Taxpayers are <deleted>''ed and corporations getting richer. Patriot act makes every one fair game, what ever the reason.

EU is <deleted>. Costas's pension and free loading ex-soviet states are bleeding people dry. Immigration laws kill natives and eastern rent a workers do the jobs for less money than natives need to survive..

Basically whole western middle-class is going to be extinct.

Hopefully Thailand stays as safe as I feel now. It is not perfect but it could be a lot worse. Hopefully all the people are getting their share of the progress.Not too big thou to keep prices onlinerolleyes.gif But big enough to keep walking ATM's safe.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why don't they come out and say that.
"No elections until we feel like it".
What are they afraid of?
The fact is, there is a sea of discontentment bubbling away just beneath the surface and it is going to take a lot of effort to keep it contained.
Why do you think the military have splashed out with spending commitments totalling more than B365 billion?

Any public pronouncement by the military that they do not have to hold elections would be their own death knell.

Haven't they basically said that? "No elections until reforms are done to our liking".

They have splashed out because they still want the economy doing something. Do you expect them to stop spending any money?

Edited by Jai Dee
Nested posts removed for better readability

Yes. The reds are peaceful, and the yellows not. Someone mentioned Seh Deang, an army officer who fought for the Thai people, as someone they would not be proud of. So, I assume you are instead proud of the sniper who assassinated him while he was being interviewed by a journalist. That is so twisted as to be almost unbelievable.

Bangkok was "burned" by yellow fifth columnists (see the video). Red shirts went into one hospital because yellows had posted snipers in the windows, and it was days after She Deang's murder by a sniper. No one will deny the medical establishment here is completely yellow, except I guess Dr. Weng, and those poor nurses who were working at the aid station and gunned down when peaceful Mark closed the demo in 2010.

Yes, Sutheps crowd were in "self-defence" mode, except for all the video and eyewitnesses who say otherwise. Truly, they were defending the polling station from voters.

If reds are so violent, how come its always them that do the dying, them that are beat up, tied up, and dropped in the river? Proud of that?

The hospital was raided (April 30) days before Seh Daeng was killed (May 14).

The red shirt advocates are frequently tripped up by the fundamentals of reality such as time and location.

Actually this decision will only galvanise the people of Thailand at the next election.

More red shirt sacrificial lambs going to jail for standing up for their democratic while the yellow elite hide behind their faceless men and walk free will give the people more reason to reject those who instigated the robbery of power of two democratically elected leaders who won with the greatest majorities in Thailand political history.

This might seem harsh now but the world is watching and Thailand has been widely condemned for their actions.

Quite rightly the PTP are biding their time and these actions will only swell their numbers at the ballot box.

I find your appraisal of the situation facile.

PTP has lost significant traction upcountry. The rice scam fiasco severely damaged them.

Dream on. Come live up country like I do and you will see that the Red Shirts are gaining in strength. They are smarter than you give them credit for and they know who represents their interests and not the interests of the elite Bangkok minority.

I do live upcountry smile.png you have it wrong.

I too live up country and agree with you totally. He has it totally wrong. I wish people like him would stop with their persistence in attempting to divide the people of this wonderful country by colours. After all they are all Thai. Your inflammatory remarks are ill conceived and clearly you can only see one side, which we are all getting sick of. If you want to be taken seriously be objective, not subjective.

Actually this decision will only galvanise the people of Thailand at the next election.

More red shirt sacrificial lambs going to jail for standing up for their democratic while the yellow elite hide behind their faceless men and walk free will give the people more reason to reject those who instigated the robbery of power of two democratically elected leaders who won with the greatest majorities in Thailand political history.

This might seem harsh now but the world is watching and Thailand has been widely condemned for their actions.

Quite rightly the PTP are biding their time and these actions will only swell their numbers at the ballot box.

Does it bother you that you don't know what you are talking about?

49% is a minority. Pretty well tells us where you are coming from. Here we are three years later and countless times it has been pointed out that they were not a majority and you still think 49% is a majority.

I guess with that kind of a mind it would be hard for you to understand that it was not the PTP many of the people were voting for. They were voting for Thaksin a convicted criminal on the run from the law and the bankroll for the 2010 attempted terrorist coup. Quite the crowd you run with.

however the casualties were made by the bullets shot by the army...

Certainly not all of the deaths were from the bullets fired by the RTA. All of the casualties were a result of the red shirts and their actions.
Any more fairy tales?

Thaksin is an advocate of democracy?

Good one. clap2.gif

Right up on the top of the list follow closely by the belief in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by northernjohn

Hmmmmm

Try the sister of the murdered photographer now she was good press or maybe the speech he gave but no journos allowed in case thy asked any of those pesky questions that might require answers.

As a matter of fact even the home journos don't get a run.

He's unhappy his wife's unhappy the country's unhappy!

His words not mine

however the casualties were made by the bullets shot by the army...

Certainly not all of the deaths were from the bullets fired by the RTA. All of the casualties were a result of the red shirts and their actions.
Any more fairy tales?

Thaksin is an advocate of democracy?

Well, the West regards the Thaksin party and Abhisit's Democrats as democratic. But they don't regard the junta as being democratic.

Is Thailand's real problem, is it that it has failed to tell the West that the coup was needed to restore democracy ??

• Like 1

I'm very proud to support the red shirts, an oppressed people struggling for self-determination, freedom, and dignity. Are you proud?

In 2010 while living up country, I witnessed with my own eyes bus loads of these men you are so proud of being given 500 little insensitives to demonstrate. Surely these self determined, dignified people didn't need financial gain to do what they felt so strongly about.

DId you take a look at the candy offered down at sutheps site. Daily music shows. Free food 3 times a day. Free tents, blankets , video entertainment. Magic shows for the kids and jumping castles. Then there were all the vendors who got to set up shop and make a bundle. Many of the protesters were shipped in from the south and did not even know why they were there ( one can speculate if they were paid or not). Let's get real here.

I'm very proud to support the red shirts, an oppressed people struggling for self-determination, freedom, and dignity. Are you proud?

In 2010 while living up country, I witnessed with my own eyes bus loads of these men you are so proud of being given 500 little insensitives to demonstrate. Surely these self determined, dignified people didn't need financial gain to do what they felt so strongly about.
DId you take a look at the candy offered down at sutheps site. Daily music shows. Free food 3 times a day. Free tents, blankets , video entertainment. Magic shows for the kids and jumping castles. Then there were all the vendors who got to set up shop and make a bundle. Many of the protesters were shipped in from the south and did not even know why they were there ( one can speculate if they were paid or not). Let's get real here.

You're comparing facilities with payment. Can't see people rushing to Bangkok for tents, blankets (80 degrees ?) and video games.

Let's get real here.

• Like 1

Red Shirt riot, hundreds injured.........................no, not tripped up by reality, not even acquainted with it.........................

New York Times, injured at least 270 people

Fab4, hundreds weren't injured

Who to believe?

Edited by LipeLarry

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.

Some more posts referencing events in 2007/2008 have been removed as those events are unrelated to this topic:

Somchai Phaibul, 45, a former Bang Bon district councillor of the defunct Thai Rak Thai party, and a core member of the redshirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), was found guilty on several charges which included illegal assembly, instigating unrest, violence, defiance of emergency decree, and starting violent protests that led to many casualties during the 2010 bloody riot.

Edited by metisdead