Development Corner Rama IV & Wireless Rd?

OneZero

This is the area originally used by the Thai Cadet Academy, and then followed up by the Lumpini Night Bazaar which has been torn down and the area is green at the moment.. About August 2014 timeframe the newspapers announced that there would be development to include a combination commercial, residential and cultural activities. I own a condo accross the street in Lumpini Park View Condo, and was interested in more detail but have not gotten any reliable information (just speculation).

Does anybody have any detailed sources of info on solid plans for that proposed development?

The land is owned by the Crown Property Bureau. The right to develop the site was awarded to a partnership between TCC Land and Univentures, both publicly listed developers under Khun Charoen's (ThaiBev / Chang Beer) control.

The original tender from the CPB called for a large amount of office space, some retail space, education and cultural facilities, as well as perhaps some condominiums and hospitality products (e.g., hotel or serviced apartment).

It is NOT playing host to the new Australian embassy. That is behind the new Japanese embassy on Wireless Road just to the north of the development site we're talking about... but also CPB land.

88 rai.... will have:

(a ) hotel;

(b ) leasehold residential area;

(c ) offices;

(d ) retail zone;

(e ) educational zone;

(f ) cultural zone; and

(g ) public square areas.

credit to: <realist.co.th>

Infographic-145-Suan-Lum-night-Update-69

Edited by trajan

88 rai.... will have:

(a ) hotel;

(b ) leasehold residential area;

(c ) offices;

(d ) retail zone;

(e ) educational zone;

(f ) cultural zone; and

(g ) public square areas.

credit to: <realist.co.th>

Infographic-145-Suan-Lum-night-Update-69

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. If anybody has additional info (or sources / links to it) concerning heights of the buildings and time period for construction I'd appreciate it. Anyway, thanks again. Should be interesting. For me, Lumpini Park is a breath of fresh air compared to the Sukhumvit area, and hopefully this project will not detract from that feeling (at least after construction is finished).

• 9 months later...