Thailand tiger park reopens despite tourist mauling

webfact

For a selfie in a Thai tiger zoo, being told all is fine, the falang believes and gets mauled. Sure we need quality tourists that this does not happen again.

We now wish quality tourists for the next attempt. If occuring again, it will be even greater fun to look at.

Next target: a billionaire decapitated by a real Thai tiger.

It will prove what is strong and what is weak. Thai tiger strong! Falang: weaklings, can even be killed by a Thai tiger …

No Suprise there, business as usual.....

Roll up roll up

To be fair, anybody going into a Tiger's cage deserves everything they get.

I once saw a tourist killed by an elephant, they just carried him away, washed up the blood and onto the next show.

I don't think people realise how cheap life is here & that all costs will be cut to create maximum profits. Health/safety/procedures are non existant

I once saw, as a young child (1960ish) , an acrobat fall off of some apparatus and hurt herself really badly at Blackpool. They carried her off and the show went on.

• Like 2

Positively Victorian idea to keep animals in cages and look at them, serves whoever right if they get eaten by 1. No need for these john merrick type freak shows IMO.

Oh dear.....Chelsea Flower Show is the highlight of your year dear?

Jeez mate get a life. The bloke went into the tigers den and got bit. Big deal. He lived and won't do that again.

You don't need to keep animals in a cage to be exciting.

Ever tried pig hunting in Australia? 100+kg boar coming at you..Better have a good couple of dogs.

Ever saw the manta rays jumping at sunset in Dalywoi Bay in Arnhem Land in a 12 foot tinnie.?

The width of the rays is twice the length of your boat.

I don't expect you to understand the lingo.

No of course not...just be nice and safe.

A 45 kilo bar girl at 5 paces is enough to scare most expats.

Edited by Mudcrab

With the amount of wildlife spectaculars operating there is bound to be a few attacks happening , this happens often in Oz , just recently a attendant was mauled and a croc got hungry , mostly the carers are in danger , every now and then a spectator , you are dealing with unpredictable wild animals what do they expect, breakfast at tiffany's. coffee1.gifi

Not to mention Steve Irwin a few years back.

I want to know how much for me to feed the wife to the tiger. i'm sure they can come up with a price.

I went to the animal sales shop and said I want a tiger for my wife---he said sorry I don't do swaps.

Edited by ginjag

I am trying to decide the order of benefit these PARKS have.

Suggest to posters to put them in their order of benefit.

To show the animals to the public because most people will never see them in the wild.

Only for monetary reasons, big business.

Fun day out for tourists.

For the purpose of big money when the animal is older...........sold to China for the body parts. I have a sneaking feeling some places are farms for this purpose.

Positively Victorian idea to keep animals in cages and look at them, serves whoever right if they get eaten by 1. No need for these john merrick type freak shows IMO.

Oh dear.....Chelsea Flower Show is the highlight of your year dear?

Jeez mate get a life. The bloke went into the tigers den and got bit. Big deal. He lived and won't do that again.

You don't need to keep animals in a cage to be exciting.

Ever tried pig hunting in Australia? 100+kg boar coming at you..Better have a good couple of dogs.

Ever saw the manta rays jumping at sunset in Dalywoi Bay in Arnhem Land in a 12 foot tinnie.?

The width of the rays is twice the length of your boat.

I don't expect you to understand the lingo.

No of course not...just be nice and safe.

A 45 kilo bar girl at 5 paces is enough to scare most expats.

Haha. The pigs. Many years ago, I worked on the drill floor of a North Sea oil rig with a bloke from South Island, New Zealand. One day, in a moment of idle conversation, I asked him what he did at home for entertainment.

'Hunt pigs' came the reply ( he wasn't a big conversationalist)

'Really', says I. 'So what calibre rifle do you use for pigs?'

'Rifle? , shooting's for cissies! We use a pack of dogs and a knife!'

But he was an animal this guy. Not only was he the naturally strongest person I've ever come across, he was combative to a degree. One day we were waiting in line in the galley to get our food. The food was pretty good in the North Sea, and you always had a choice. This day it was roast. Now, the stewards on the rig were, for some reason almost always gay. Anyway, Billy gets to his turn, and the little steward says,

'So what would you like?'

'Lamb!,

So the steward cuts him a few slices and gives him the plate.

', that's not enough! Give me some more!'

So the steward cuts a couple of grudging slices and adds them.

'Are you paying for this yourself? Here...'

And he reaches across, picks up the whole joint of lamb and puts it on his plate.

'There! That's a proper <deleted> meal'

And he then proceeds to add half a kilo of veg before going to his seat and eating this enormous joint of meat like a chicken bone.

I suppose it's because of blokes like Zaire that the All Blacks are a perennially good rugby team..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think most people who enter the cage with these animals have zero idea of how incredibly strong and powerful there animals are. Even the young ones.

ALL of these animal 'attractions' should be stopped.

True, I've been in one at Chiangmai, even the baby ones, the paw are the size of our human heads. I've seen them playing with the tree tunks, very vicious with their paws. The only thing keeping them under control is the stick the warden uses. However, that fear can easily be taken over by adrenaline.

I have brought family and friends to the one in Chiang Mai numerous times and I firmly believe it's a matter of personal risk and what you want to enjoy

Everyone enjoyed themselves and no one did anything silly to provoke the big cats or the small one and walked out happy with pictures

One isolated incident is an accident ...

No more dangerous than a night in Pattaya, and the tigers live twice as long in these attractions as they would in the wild.

I'd take half the time if it meant I wasn't caged and kept passive by being doped up to the eyeballs.

Edited by Bluespunk

• 2 weeks later...

No more dangerous than a night in Pattaya, and the tigers live twice as long in these attractions as they would in the wild.

a startlingly facile observation - which would you prefer - a normal lifespan (10 to 15 years) freedom performing a valuable function in the wild or a 16 to 20 year life sentence rotting in a concrete cage?

These are awful places. I once went to one in Chiang Mai after being told by a tour guide many years ago that it was a 'sanctuary'. I was new and naive of Thailand and expected to see a sort of wildlife park/reserve. Instead it was a small concrete pen full of drugged up baby (about four-six months old I was told) tigers. I made my exit. Even these 'smaller' tigers could've had your arm off.

I agree that some people deserve all they get for visiting these places, but some people aren't aware until they're already there (lying tour guides etc). Even though i left, I turned a corner and was suddenly facing a bunch of tigers. The biggest tragedy is seeing these magnificent animals being kept in concrete enclosures while being pumped full of sedatives for our 'photo ops'.

Ban these places and return them to the wild (if there is any left for the tiger) or a suitable wildlife park.

Edited by Fatty123

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...