non immigrant O london

can any body help???

my wife is a Thai national and is currently in Thailand, she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and I need to travel from the uk very soon.

I want to apply for a non immigrant O visa as I may have to stay for a few months,

my question is on the embassy website it refers to a letter of acceptance from the ministry of labour and social welfare,

do I need this letter for a non imm O visa?

I have all other documents.

thank you for help

Actually there is no reference to any ministry letter:

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

You can also apply to a local consulate and not produce financial proof of funds.

thank you for your response

but at the top it says basic documents required for all types of non immigrant visa

and this letter is stated there

No letter is needed. Please try to understand that advice in this forum does not come only from reading websites.

Letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational

Control Division, Department of Employment, Tel +662-245-2745, 245-3209, 617-6578, 617-6584

Fax: +662-6176576, 245-2593) *(Please see below)

Now we follow to the * notes and then find:

1. The document to be submitted for non-immigrant visa application is contingent upon necessities and appropriateness of purposes stated in the application form.

Still doubts, call them on the phone and let us know :)

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa at the embassy with no financial proof. You will need your marriage certificate, copies of your wife's house book and ID card.

The consulates do not have Thai staff so some do want a translation of the marriage certificate. The also ask for a copy your wife's passport because it is in English.