Mitsubishi Attrage

petermik

Mitsubishi cars

Engine is rougher than most silky buttery engines. Fuel consumption is one of the worst. No reliability issues, most of their set up is from previous models with proven reliability. You can own one without worrying about fixes other than usual maintenance. Inside the cabin, you will be faced with cheap hard plastics, and a lot of them used. You might want to research on the....... "toxic materials" used in cars. Mitsubishi has ranked as one of the most in toxic materials. Honda surprisingly has received the top score, even above Lexus, Mercedes, and bmw.

Some wind noise even at 70-80km/h. Poor sound insulation. Nice cheap maintenance. Steering better than Toyotas.

I think that's it.

We got one for more than a year. No problems so far. We get +-13,5 km/l with the ac on the whole time and town driving. The vehicle doesnt have much power but ok in town. Nice gadgets like nav sat, camera and dvd. The services are cheap and efficient (1 hour). Just for interest sake the running cost on the Triton double cab works out much the same as for the Attrage.

I bought a vios 6 years ago and have not had one day of problems with it Good power great car. I am sure I will get another 6 or 10 years out of it .

In this climate a car can last 20 years if you take care of it and have a good auto maker Toyota is a very good car maker .

• Like 1

I bought a Mitsubishi Attrage last year not long after they were first introduced - I had my photo taken at the dealership when I picked up the car The fuel economy about Jomtien / Pattaya isn't good but I very much doubt whether it would be good in any car though it does improve on longer runs. The car is more than adequate for my girlfriend and me. The claim that fuel economy of 22 kms per litre at 80 kms / hr is doubtful though I have no idea as to where this can be tested properly due to the constant need to slow down and accelerate just about anywhere.

Alan

The base Attrage has to be THE cheapest looking car in the world...cheap and ugly. The cheapest tires with shitty little plastic discs on them. 430k is a remarkable price for a new car, however. If you just need it for rainy days, it would probably be fine.

I paid 580k for my base model Mazda 2, but I think it's a good looking car with real tires and a nice interior. I've driven it all over Thailand and I don't have a complaint.

You really get what you pay for. There are a few other cheap cars that you might look at. The Suzuki is a good buy.

See what the price includes. I got a lot of little extras like mats and the first year's insurance.

The Jazz is the best in class but it's a lot more. Well worth it in my opinion. I was trying to buy just after the Japan Tsunami and the Mazda was the only car available for months.

The Jazz isn't an EcoCar and therefore not in the same class. The Jazz isn't even the best in its own class.

I've had my Atttage for 9 months and very pleased it it. I tested a number of cars before buying it and it's at least as good as the Vios/Yaris/Amaze. It's one of the best equipped cars for the money (i paid 500K). Where else would you get alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, folding electric mirrors, ABS etc for that money. Only had one service but that was very efficient (and cheap) at their modern facility on South Sukumvit. Fuel consumption is @ 12 kpl around town, 18-19 kpl on a run which i'm sure is as good as you will get with any car. Spacious enough inside and a very big boot 450 litres. What's not to like.

• Like 2

I bought a Mitsubishi Attrage last year not long after they were first introduced - I had my photo taken at the dealership when I picked up the car The fuel economy about Jomtien / Pattaya isn't good but I very much doubt whether it would be good in any car though it does improve on longer runs. The car is more than adequate for my girlfriend and me. The claim that fuel economy of 22 kms per litre at 80 kms / hr is doubtful though I have no idea as to where this can be tested properly due to the constant need to slow down and accelerate just about anywhere.

Alan

You can easily get 30+ km/l at a constant 60 km/h. The figures quoted by car companies don't mean too much really and the measure goes up and down all the time when driving. I generally get 14-16 km/l average around Nonthaburi in my swift. I don't know any eco car that can average 20km/l in mixed driving.

I had one as a hire car recently - it was brand new and total rubbish

You're much better off with a Vios

"...total rubbish"

Such as...?

"You're much better off with a Vios"

130,000 baht better off?

Edited by Sviss Geez
  • Like 1

Mitsubishi cars

Engine is rougher than most silky buttery engines. Fuel consumption is one of the worst. No reliability issues, most of their set up is from previous models with proven reliability. You can own one without worrying about fixes other than usual maintenance. Inside the cabin, you will be faced with cheap hard plastics, and a lot of them used. You might want to research on the....... "toxic materials" used in cars. Mitsubishi has ranked as one of the most in toxic materials. Honda surprisingly has received the top score, even above Lexus, Mercedes, and bmw.

Some wind noise even at 70-80km/h. Poor sound insulation. Nice cheap maintenance. Steering better than Toyotas.

I think that's it.

You left out extremely ugly!

Alan

You can easily get 30+ km/l at a constant 60 km/h. The figures quoted by car companies don't mean too much really and the measure goes up and down all the time when driving. I generally get 14-16 km/l average around Nonthaburi in my swift. I don't know any eco car that can average 20km/l in mixed driving.

Yep.

FE figures are based on a standardised test cycle, and are only directly comparable to other results from that same test cycle. Most people will get less in real world driving - hypermilers can get substantially more though.

Mitsubishi cars

I think that's it.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder but i honestly think these are great looking cars (for 500K). Tell me what other car at 500k looks so much better.

post-136178-0-30855200-1414897444_thumb.

Edited by chris2004

Mitsubishi cars

I think that's it.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder but i honestly think these are great looking cars (for 500K). Tell me what other car at 500k looks so much better.

attachicon.gifmitsubishi-mirage-g4-sedan-8-1.jpg

City aint bad @550K

Mitsubishi cars

I think that's it.

City aint bad @550K

True but over 100,000 baht difference in price between Attrage and City!

I am not going to compare between brands.. I bought an Attrage for the company, It is indeed all very simple and surely not a sports car, but it has all the helpful accessories. It is a very practical car with enough luggage and leg space. I like the simplicity and I have sympathy for the efforts of the 3 cylinder engine with the CVT transmission. I consider it a good deal but its a workhorse without fun. I am truly happy when I get back in my BMW !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Chris states 500, City is 550 wheres the 100 fit in.?.

When it comes to pricing one should not compare the top spec model of one vehicle to the low spec model of another.

Edit:

A quick search suggests the price for each top spec models is 582k vs 749k.

or 449k vs 559k for the base spec.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

Mitsubishi cars

I think that's it.

The new Mazda2 which launches next month looks pretty sharp:

Mazda have confirmed it will be their eco-car phase 2 entry in Thailand, but it's unclear if it will be offered with eco-car scheme compliant engines at launch (gasline <1300cc, diesel < 1500cc), or whether those models come later. It's also unclear when we can expect the 4-door, but it won't be far away...

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

When it comes to pricing one should not compare the top spec model of one vehicle to the low spec model of another.

Edit:

Specs aint looks, we refer to design looks,not gizmoes

Edit:

Specs aint looks, we refer to design looks,not gizmoes

Still minimum 100k difference in price :-D

Mitsubishi cars

I think that's it.

The new Mazda2 which launches next month looks pretty sharp:

Mazda have confirmed it will be their eco-car phase 2 entry in Thailand, but it's unclear if it will be offered with eco-car scheme compliant engines at launch (gasline <1300cc, diesel < 1500cc), or whether those models come later. It's also unclear when we can expect the 4-door, but it won't be far away...

Will they have a 440k entry price model?