Japanese man found hanged to death in Ekkamai restaurant in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too bad Thai laws allow and protect evil women to extort money from foreigners.

i dont see any country in the world that have any laws to protect man from getting shafted by woman. Most marriage law is grossly against man who divorces.

I cant see how you think Thai law protect them either. In most countries women are free to scam anyone who is silly enough to fall for it

amazing..ruthless men who have been through wars,owned business,heads of companies who exploit people as labour to make their fortune.

men who have bought and sold real estate. Study in university. brought up families

done so many things. THEN come to thailand and gets shafted by some they call country bumpkin who never even finished secondary school

hahaha

• Like 2

Was she a hooker? Was she half his age?. <deleted> people, have some respect. You don't know his situation, and he's not here to defend himself. What sort of low lifes would come on here and assume shit like that. Worry about your own boring lives and wait for the facts you bloody hyenas.

I see a Japanese sign on the gate.

Probably his restaurant, but with thai 51% share. She may have snatched it away from him.

A warning to all about the 51% control of business, even if said thai did not contribute one baht.

Now they want 51% share and full control of board members.the noose is tightening around foreigners and most will move elsewhere.

That is the whole problem in Thailand.. as a foreigner your easily taken to the cleaners as Thais just don't want foreigners to own things and make money.

actually friend i think that is what keeps thailand the way it is. If they did open the gate it would be disaster and end up like every crap place in the west.

the rich would own absolutely everything. Average thais could never afford to buy property and probably to expensive for the average farang to stay there,since rent would go through the roof

Yeah I think your right there... Much as I would like to own abit of land there, I think it would be a bad thing for Thailand and the Thais if foreigners were allowed to buy, they would ruin the country..

I often wonder what makes men throw all their caution away when they marry thai women. If we are 60 and meet a 30 year old woman back home and we have a quite substantial fortune we would insist on a prenuptial. But when we go to Thailand and often find a girl from the entertainment industry we dont do the same.

Likewise in business if we provide 100% of the funds why do we accept giving the other part 51% of the ownership. I know that it is the law that 51% must be owned by a Thai but there is no rule that it has to be the same Thai. It must be possible to find someone to part own the company outside of the family, ex your lawyer.

Sometimes you can't trust lawyers

Often guys get ripped off by Thai females, this is in part because we can't own land and want to have a house. If the government really wanted to help foreigners (they dont) they would allow us to own land up to a 2 rai or so. This would make it easier to keep possessions in our name.

It will probably happen when hell freezes over.

The country is xenophobic, they don't like us, they don't want us here, they tolerate us BECAUSE, THEY WANT OUR MONEY.

It was publicly stated about 10 days ago that the entire economy in Isan is heavily reliant on expats supporting Thai families.

• Like 1

Often guys get ripped off by Thai females, this is in part because we can't own land and want to have a house. If the government really wanted to help foreigners (they dont) they would allow us to own land up to a 2 rai or so. This would make it easier to keep possessions in our name.

Whatever the situation, the Thais will always look after their own interests first.

That means the interests of the people at the very top primarily, then on a sliding scale downwards.

Sometimes this is achieved by xenophobic laws and customs and sometimes it is achieved by brainwashed minions acting inadvertently on behalf of the powers that be.

So why would they want to help foreigners own land or any asset for that matter? It makes far better sense to use the charm of Thai women to hook foreign men into emptying their wallets and in such a way keep the money in Thailand.

Since when was fairness a factor in a culture of slavery?

In whatever walk of life the Thais will always go for the sleaziest and easiest route without the least compunction.

The rule is to never leave yourself exposed in any way.

But It is very easy to turn the tables on the Thais because they have a lot of Achilles heels: Face, social climbing, lack of education, lack of worldliness, childishness, lack of foresight and planning etc etc.

• Like 2

"...blaming his anguish on a Thai woman who had taken his money."

If every foreigner, duped out of his money by a Thai woman killed himself, I'd have Pattaya all to myself. smile.png

if you were the only one alive that would mean you never got duped by a thai lady :0)

Or any other pro They are paid to role play. You don't come out of watching a Superman movie and then jump off a building thinking you can fly.For some reason many men continue their role after the end of the performance. Men with perspective don't. That's called thinking with your Big Head and not with your little head.

Moral of the story?

Visit Thailand only for beach lounging and kicks for up to 2 months maximum, then move on?

Personally speaking, that has been my approach.

"There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison" ~ King Osric

This barrage of hate towards Thai women is disgusting. They are the same as any country good and bad. There are so many brilliant women here who do not follow the money.

If you buy anything here you know the ultimate risk. Not a reason to kill yourself. The guy was full of self pity and revenge to a point he was happy to kill himself. In his depressed state it seemed the right choice for him.RIP.

But please don't drag all Thai women down to this degrading greedy personality.

I bet I can tell anyone here of 10 good story’s to every bad story that happened to them....not their mates ,not what they think, not what they read, bad story’s that happened to them.

I have met women here so kind and generous but never asked for 1 baht, for years!!!

• Like 1

If I was Japanese, I would be very,very,very afraid to visit Thailand!!w00t.gif

If I was Japanese, I'd enjoy going to Chiang Mai's newest mall, The Maya, which caters, almost exclusively, to Japanese people,....not a single European restaurant in this so-called "Lifestyle Center,"...but I stop by occasionally,...hoping for something other than sushi and fried Thai.

This barrage of hate towards Thai women is disgusting. They are the same as any country good and bad. There are so many brilliant women here who do not follow the money.

Perhaps,...but the Bangkok Elitist are changing that,...making greed and other PDRC values things to be sought. If the Reconciliation Program works, more and more Thai will choose money, rather than Buddha values.

• Like 2

If you buy anything here you know the ultimate risk. Not a reason to kill yourself. The guy was full of self pity and revenge to a point he was happy to kill himself. In his depressed state it seemed the right choice for him.RIP.

I bet I can tell anyone here of 10 good story’s to every bad story that happened to them....not their mates ,not what they think, not what they read, bad story’s that happened to them.

I have met women here so kind and generous but never asked for 1 baht, for years!!!

na you're deluded but no barrage of hate from me, just reality, Thais are basically selfish and irresponsible and I don't trust any of them

• Like 2

RIP Hanged to death so he was not alive when they found him then and sadly suicide is never the answer if someone robs you revenge and getting my money back would be the first priority not topping myself, he will not get any answers or satisfaction now.

Suicide was his awnser , try getting ur bloody money back would have probably the same result .

• Like 1

I hope that you never suffer with a mental disease. I never met or know the poor gentleman, but I think he may have suffered with some form of depression to take his life.

A sad and lonely way for a life to end. Couldn't care less what side you want to champion, but I do know this poor man is dead. The concern I have is that with some form of intervention this man may be still alive today. That is the real travesty.

Suicidal behaviour is a complex phenomenon that usually occurs along a continuum, progressing from suicidal thoughts, to planning, to attempting suicide, and finally dying by suicide. International Association for Suicide Prevention

I haven't seen that the girl was a hooker or half his age. On what basis is everyone making these assumptions?

From what I've read so far, bitterness and anger.

Only marginally more annoying than the "rich westerner would take all the land" apologist BS.

Edited by Bluespunk

Was the note written in Thai, or Japanese? Certainly looks like a Japanese restaurant from the picture, and even if he had been duped, appears he'd still have a decent income. However, the OP does state 'apparent suicide'...although it's always a suicide involving foreigners.... foreigners are the hub of suicides, accord to the book of St. Thailand, verse BIB, Chpt 2: 1.1

So what you are saying is that the Japs need to send a handwriting expert along with some if their own police to confirm this was an actual suicide and not a murder coverup by the woman and the EXPERT handwriting analizer (not a typo) who verified the Jap wrote that letter as well as the Thai BIB?

Can you imagine the Thai po

No need, just get a Burmese roti seller to confirm the note.

• Like 2

Despite being the most "liked" post on the topic, I have to disagree with you.

Often guys get ripped off because they meet their partner in the wrong places. If you meet a normal Thai lady, marry her and buy a house, then in case of a divorce it is a 50/50 split of "common property", meaning anything acquired after marriage. And don't believe the barstool-lawyers, because that is the law! For both farang and Thai. Really not unlike in our homecountries.

So that a lot of guys get screwed (!!) is partly because they don't do their homework. And if you are in a serious relationship, why do you want to keep possessions in your name alone??

Been married for 12 years and ofcourse all real-estate assets are in my wifes name, and I sleep very well at night!! Should s**t hit the fan, I would walk away with 50%, which is actually more than I brought to the table!

Yes there are a lot of goldiggers out there, but by not doing your homework, you are making it way too easy for them!!

• Like 2

Felt sorry for the Japanese to have taken his own life…….RIP

As for that Thai lady……..what come around will come back around to her……it is call Karma.

if anybody agree, or i might be wrong…….why do most of us guys (most of us in a way or another) alway get rip off by local gals…….

is there to do with pity, sympathy, felt sorry for them working in the bar selling their own body and trying to help them ?

it is their own choice to choose to work in these place and make easy money…...

it is a self made trap if we are not careful……a deep money pit…….

When all the money is gone, so are them…….moving on…….we do not get pity in return…...

• Like 2

If you buy anything here you know the ultimate risk.

Yeah you are right !!! The ultimate risk is that you gonna get ripped of by Thai woman cheesy.gif And I agree that there is a lot brilliant woman who don't follow the money... around 25% of female population more less, which is really significant number if we take number of farangs in Thailand under consideration coffee1.gif But the problem is that around 85% of this woman will never be or even want to be in relationship with farang clap2.gif Good bless person who bring my wife on my path wai2.gifwai.gifbiggrin.png

post-175342-0-50209400-1415028209_thumb.

• Like 2