Is Phu Nam Ron border open? November '14.

Has the border at Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi opened again to people without out tourist visas to Burma?

I need to do a 90 day border run at the end of the month on a Non-Imm multi-entry visa.

Last time I did one it was closed to people without Burmese Visas.

If it is open again, what is the cost for the day stamp and minivan over? I'll be driving there in my car or motorbike from Bangkok.

Thanks.

An English friend just told me he went there at the beginning of October, that it had just reopened that day, he was on a double entry tourist visa and another was on a multi-entry Non O.

He's a good guy that I'd trust.

Strange.

Anyone else here have info?

Update:

He went with Visa Express from Suk 71.

I just rang the manager after getting the details on the net.

He says that they have been going there again for the past month, but they only go once a week because they don't have enough people, as it's only people with Non-Imm visas.

I asked if it is open again and he said that it is still 'closed', but they have a deal that they can go.

I'm not sure if that is the case, or if it is open to all people with Non-Imm visas. My friend had a Double-Entry TR and he did it with them no problem, 2000b.

Any more info from people would be great.

Edited by Jang Loi

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

What's the update on this?

I was planning on heading to Phu Nam Ron tomorrow (not through an agency) to do an in and out border run to activate the 2nd entry on my tourist visa.

I don't have a Myanmar visa, but don't plan on entering the country beyond immigration.

I've been to the crossing before. It was easy enough, but if it's closed I'll have to figure something else out.

I went to Phu Nam Ron yesterday. Could not have been a smoother process. In fact, I almost felt like I should've tipped the border agents.

If you're coming from Kanchanaburi city, get on 323 and head west (towards Myanmar). Then turn left at 3229 and follow it until you get to Phu Nam Ron. There will be signs everywhere. It'll cost you 910 baht for everything (10 baht for color copies of your passport and 900 baht for the Myanmar visa/transportation to and from Myanmar immigration). The whole process takes about 30 minutes. The drive out is beautiful and there's a couple nice restaurants and coffee shops at the border. So if you bring a friend, he/she will have something to do while you're taking care of your visa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I glad to hear you had a good trip, I have always found them to be good too, although I am always traveling straight through to Myanmar and have done the trip many times.

info for public transport are highlighted below

http://www.southernmyanmar.com/transportation/phu-nam-ron-border-crossing-blog/

for those heading through to the beaches in Myanmar good news is the mini van into Dawei is getting more reasonable about 20,000 kyat Circa USD $20. but keep bartering hard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Once you reach the border you will have to park your car at the open space car park. Your partner have to stay at thai side. Then you will see a small booth with two thai immigration officer in it. Get your passport chop and move on about 10 meters. You will then see another small booth on the left with a lady sitting at the table . Pass her passport and she will fill in your departure card and hand her 910baht. She will then arrange a driver to drive you over to Myanmar side. Wait in the car and the driver will get your passport chop and you are on your way back to thai side. Once again you need not need a Myanmar visa to cross the border just prepared 910 baht!

• Like 1