Best place to purchase silverware, plates & Paintings for new condo in Pattaya

dannywla

Don't really want to go to Bangkok to Chatuchak Market to buy kitchenware. Having little to no experience in Pattaya where best to shop other than buying my furniture at Index this past weekend. I looked up here in Issan at Robinson and Baan and Beyond, and was disappointed in the assortment, price and stock of these items, nothing like Bed, Bath & Beyond in the US.

So this weekend we are moving in, and would greatly appreciate where the local recommend to go to buy nice silverware, glass, dishes and stainless steel accessories for my beautiful granite built-in kitchen.

Where might one go also to buy nice framed hand painted Miro, Monet style art other than going or possibly going to the many art and frame shops where the make to order. I have done that in the past and was happy buy does anybody have any suggestion on Artwork hand done of copies of famous artist?

Good Balinese place in Jomtien Complex for deccor .. kitchen ware there's a huge place opposite Foodland and a massive cheap Thai place just past Bang Saen near Nom Mon Bypass. It's warehouse style n easy to miss for Westerners

Not in Pattaya but I bought @ IKEA on highway #3 at #9 in the nearest to here outskirts of Bangkok. Good quality for price. Framed paintings at John's Gallery located on way to Jomtien just before flyover on that small one way stretch.

• Like 1

Index(Sukhumvit), Central@Festival, Chic Republic(Sukhumvit) and Decco (Sukhumvit).

We stopped into that new Index a few weeks ago, the one on Suk across from the entrance to Soi Siam Country Club. Quite impressive. They've pretty much got it all.

The other places you recommend are great choices also, though I think will be a bit more expensive???

For cheap stuff, there's a big place right behind Big C on Second Road. For neat stuff, try Decorum on Thepprasit. A bit expensive, but some really neat stuff there. There's also a huge place on North Pattaya road, oriented towards tourists, but lots of artsy stuff to browse. Its on the south side as you head towards the beach. Maybe 1/2 km before the circle.

IKEA is certainly a good choice. They have everything and at reasonable prices.

I dont think much of the quality of items at Index. Some ugly designs too, though it probably suits Thai tastes.

Chic Republic is much more tasteful and much better quality (in fact probably the best I have seen anywhere in Thailand), but very high prices which probably explains the lack of customers.

Ikea is OK for quality but the designs are mostly much too modern and garish for my taste. I did get a good mattress there though, and some of their food is tasty and good value so you can make it a day out.

Central has some good quality items.

The OP mentions Bed, Bath and Beyond in USA so I am a little confused when he says nice kitchenware as Index is similar quality and a small notch above Ikea. Paragon in bkk has a wonderful selection of everything for kitchen. I would stick with Central and Chic here in Pattaya.

The OP mentions Bed, Bath and Beyond in USA so I am a little confused when he says nice kitchenware as Index is similar quality and a small notch above Ikea. Paragon in bkk has a wonderful selection of everything for kitchen. I would stick with Central and Chic here in Pattaya.

My reference was that Baan and Beyond a beautiful store had such a small selection of items, and what we wanted they did'nt stock. Just on display..

I made reference to Bed, Bath & Beyond as they have such a wide assortment from low end to high end, with stock. So I enjoyed my last trip to Khon Kaen Baan & Beyond , but what I wanted on display was not in stock. As for Central or Robinsons they have nice quality but the quality was a little to formal for my taste. There lower end quality was not in the grey or white with grey and or black trim which is the decor I'm looking for.

I appreciate all the feedback, www.allposters.com was brilliant and I already placed a nice order.....

Yesterday, found the largest and without a doubt the best selection and prices in maybe in all of Thailand.

It's directly behind the smaller Bic C, near the Dollfin Roundabout, it's behind that mall on that soi, had to be over once acre of everything one can possibly need. I totally furnished my new Condo with glass, pots and pans, silverware, storage ware, stick rice container and pot, straw basket, nice trash can and all china, a truck load and all for only 5400 baht.

Thanks for all the help, fellow members.

Yesterday, found the largest and without a doubt the best selection and prices in maybe in all of Thailand.

It's directly behind the smaller Bic C, near the Dollfin Roundabout, it's behind that mall on that soi, had to be over once acre of everything one can possibly need. I totally furnished my new Condo with glass, pots and pans, silverware, storage ware, stick rice container and pot, straw basket, nice trash can and all china, a truck load and all for only 5400 baht.

Thanks for all the help, fellow members.

I am glad you are happy, we all know about that place, low end Chinese products and suggestions were based on nice upmarket ideas.