230,000 Baht Ayutthaya water bill declared error

webfact

230,000 Baht Water Bill Declared Error
By Khaosod English

14152498631415249924l.jpg
Thailand’s Provincial Waterworks Authority mistakenly billed a man from Ayutthaya province more than 233,000 baht for a monthly water bill.

AYUTTHAYA — Thailand’s Provincial Waterworks Authority has admitted to mistakenly billing a man from Ayutthaya province more than 233,000 baht for a monthly water bill.

Wiriya Saenmai, 53, said he was shocked to receive a bill that claimed he owed the state 233,647 baht for using more than 9 million litres of water in a single month.

"I couldn't sleep at all. My blood pressure went up," said Wiriya, who works as a local rescue volunteer. "I kept asking my wife how we are going to pay the bill. I was very stressed."

The water bill was particularly surprising for Wiriya because his family mostly uses groundwater reserves and only resorts to state water on some days, he said.

"Usually I only pay 80-100 baht in water bill."

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415249863

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-11-06

So long as this error is righted all is well , Thailand isn't an orphan in this area generally it is Telco's in OZ trying to promote their product with larger than life bills to unsuspecting customers, all is well that ends well for the family now you can all relax. Drink anyone.biggrin.png

Amazing that he stressed so much.

He probably wouldn't have if he was educated enough to know it was an error... I cant believe he even considered paying it...

Stay in school kids and remember to pay attention to the teachers... then these things wont be so stressful!

• Like 2

No way it's an error.

Thais never make mistakes and also never admit them.

I've met some farangs that lay claim to the same. I've done the same before I realized I wasn't perfect and the world didn't revolve around my sagely outlook on life.
  • Like 2

Probably made the poor man pass even more water to add to his bill when he saw that lot.

Jokes apart.... how can such a mistake happen? If this is possible imagine what the water reader or dept can do to balance their books?

Did they detect where the fault is.... was it wrong pricing ..... because a computer does not make mistakes - GIGO - garbage in garbage out.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"I couldn't sleep at all. My blood pressure went up," said Wiriya, who works as a local rescue volunteer. "I kept asking my wife how we are going to pay the bill. I was very stressed."

Seriously, are there no limits to stupidity?? alt=whistling.gif>

nothing surprises me in this country

If I received such a bill I think I'd cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif .

I certainly wouldn't be worried, and asking my wife how we're going to pay such a bill.

Yep .If he had the money and hadn't received any communication from the water company, then the logic is he would have nipped down to 7/11 and paid it.

Haven't they heard of computerized invoicing in LOS? Too busy worshiping false "Gods"

Too busy making ignorant comments to look at the bill and see it is from a computer (bar code and all). Had bills been manually written then somebody would have almost surely caught the mistake. Stories and incidents like this are common throughout the world. Sad existence when a person cannot even read a story like this without their insecurities being the priority.

9,999,000 liters a month that's 230 liter water per minute - looking at the picture with meter and size of pipe, can 230 liters pass each minute...? whistling.gif

No, if you read the story the Water Company have admitted it was a mistake

Yes, I did read and that's exactly what the article says - even the Water Company can see it's impossible... laugh.png

"You'd have to be pretty stupid to actually think this was a genuine bill and to worry about it."

Well I would worry, even tho I knew it was an error as getting anyone in authority to admit they made a mistake is very difficult. The amount is so high that a mistake is obvious here but a much lesser amount and they may not have backed down.