No fireworks or drunk passenger allowed on Airport Rail Link

webfact

No fireworks or drunk passenger allowed on ARL

BANGKOK, 6 November 2014 (NNT) – The Airport Rail Link service is prohibiting passengers to bring flammable objects or fireworks on board and will decline services to intoxicated passengers, while also assigning a team to watch out for floating lanterns and to maintain safety in its operations.

The Acting Executive Director of the S.R.T Electrified Train Company Limited (SRTET) said that the company has implemented safety measures for the Airport Rail Link (ARL) service to maintain passengers’ safety during the Loy Krathong festival.

The SRTET is cooperating with the Railway Police to provide operational staff support. The additional staff will look for passengers with signs of intoxication and will prohibit using its services. Alcohol tester devices are also available in the bigger stations.

The SRTET has ordered the head of train operators to check for the readiness of all train operators as well as CCTV camera monitoring and an equipment checkup, including the alarm system, fire hydrants, and fire extinguishers to make sure that everything is in working condition.

The ARL does not allow some items to be brought in the service, such as weapons and sharp objects. For the Loy Krathong festival, the SRTET has assigned the staff in the area to keep their eyes out for the floating lanterns that might affect the train service to ensure the safety of the operations.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-06 footer_n.gif

Damn...no fireworks on the train...why do they always have to take the fun out of riding the train! I'm leaving Thailand! LOL!!

I think all translations are done by google, which is why it's always so correct.

Edited by OPG
  • Like 1

I don't know, but I think having a drunk passenger armed up with fireworks would make it an interesting journey.

That's a cracker, he certainly would get a rocket together being banged up. sobering up would put a sparkler in his eyes again.

• Like 1

"prohibiting passengers to bring flammable objects or fireworks on board and will decline services to intoxicated passengers"

And, and....umm... no passengers with a giraffe in their pocket will be allowed, and, umm, yeah! No zombies allowed, and umm...no people with 2 heads & 11 fingers, and umm....

I could go on for days.

• Like 1

"will decline services to intoxicated passengers"

Great! more drunk drivers on the roads.

Well maybe. But the ARL is, well, mainly an airport link, isn't it? I haven't used it all that much, and only for actually going to or from the airport, but it doesn't run after midnight in the first place, doesn't really connect any of the major "entertainment centers" within the city in the 2nd place. I've seen some apparent commuters, but I can't say I've ever seen any "party-ers" (i.e., anyone observably inebriated) riding it (I know I've never witnessed any problems of that sort). Maybe that changes some during periods like Loy Krathong. I just don't think many ride the ARL that would otherwise be driving drunk.

Many of the hotels in Vietnam display signs that say ; "Do not bring explosives, weapons or toxic chemicals into the hotel room. Please leave with reception on arrival and pick up when you leave".............or words to that effect.

Who the heck travels with stuff like that ?

Did I miss something?

Since when has fireworks been a problem on the airport rail link?

How often do you take fireworks to and from the airport?

Maybe, just a maybe, the "authorities" were concerned that, just maybe, thousands, or tens of thousands, of protesters (the normal, common people) were planning to ride the ARL out to Swampy to let off thousands of fire lanterns & fireworks to give a middle finger salute to the junta? Execute all of them?