Rossi 150cc dirt bike

floridaguy

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.551047645023860.1073741924.111903165604979&type=1

I have never owned an off-road bike, but have rented a CRF250 in Chiang Mai. I see this shop in Bangkok selling many different Chinese bikes over the past couple of year. They must do well, because they always have new products.

This is a new bike I think. Looks to be decent quality. I have seen 1 ridden by an American guy around Asoke. I am looking to by a cheap off-roader to ride mostly in Bangkok, but occasionally off road. I am by no means an advanced rider, so will not be jumping the bike or going for multi-day jungle trips. I won't be climbing steep mountain goat tracks. I would never be more than an hours walk to a road if there was a break down, and never out of cell phone service. So ultra reliability is not important for me. Just some easy trail riding.

I was previously looking at a Lifan LF200GY, and have read through the thread on this site. But for 20,000 baht less, and a smaller more nimble bike that the GF could ride herself (she is only 38 kg), this may be better for my needs. I don't care to buy a Kawasaki or Honda or KTM or any other expensive bike, new or used, so any suggestions or comparisons to those bikes will not be useful to me. I just want a toy to play with, and don't mind doing my own repairs and maintenance, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if the motorcycle was a total loss in 2 years. I also am not overly concerned that this bike will not have a green book or plates.

So does anyone have any experience with this bike? It is only 29,999 baht, and this shop usually throws in a helmet with the purchase.

it is up to you to buy a 'Rossi' dirt bike. but i do not recommend really.

also its brand is L&P . Rossi is just the name of the model.

never heard of it but i know Rossi, moto gp champion.

Do they provide a plate for it? if they provide, be careful, in greenbook, they register these bikes under other bike names that passed emission and standard tests etc so a way of scamming people and it is illegal.

How many service place they have?

do they have parts on stock? if not how long you waiting if they need to change a part?

buying this bike is like gambling.

Thanks for the feedback. I know it is like gambling, I have had many vehicles, new and used, and even good brands have bad apples. I had a BMW car that had loads of problems. I just am looking for anyone with first hand experience or knowledge of this particular bike.

This bike cant be made road legal - greenbook - so i would consider something else if riding ANY distance on the road.What about those "Pit " bikes that are plated.

Yeah I saw those but they seem soooo small. Smaller than the KSR even. I don't think I would like that. I am not overly worried about the plate. I probably would only be riding it out of Bangkok mostly, just to get to some trails. I could throw it in the back of my truck, but I just like riding and very seldom even see police check points anymore on my normal routes through Bangkok.

This bike cant be made road legal - greenbook - so i would consider something else if riding ANY distance on the road.What about those "Pit " bikes that are plated.

There is a small shop selling these near our house and I can confirm the shop owner said that they can't be made street legal. You won't get a greenbook or number plate.

It's a shame as a quick look seemed to show a good finish to components.

I dont want to sound too "official" , but the ridng out of Bangkok involves public roads , and sooner or later , your fault or not , an accident or brush with the law could be a big expensive mistake. Trucking it out is fine , but then its still not legal for your girlfriend. Lifan , Keeway and Platinum all sell cheap , but bigger , sized bikes with greenbooks at 46,000 to 67,000 Baht. Susspension can be lowered very cheaply on most bikes.